What are you playing?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Spacechem consumed me when it first came out!
    Okay so I'm checking it out based on this testimonial. Kind of made me think of the Halli power quest. Probably because that's all I've been doing lately.

But then things got kind of tough, then kind of amazing. I'm getting the sense that this is one of those games with constant Aha! moments that make you feel like a genius. The charts at the end of each puzzle are awesome. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited June 2014
    Daraius said:
    Spacechem consumed me when it first came out!
    Okay so I'm checking it out based on this testimonial. Kind of made me think of the Halli power quest. Probably because that's all I've been doing lately.

But then things got kind of tough, then kind of amazing. I'm getting the sense that this is one of those games with constant Aha! moments that make you feel like a genius. The charts at the end of each puzzle are awesome. 
    Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a poke tonight.

EDIT: Right after I'm done taking over North America with the Comanche on Europa Universalis IV. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Are these Conquest of Paradise Comanche? I've been trying to decide if the expansion is worth getting, and I'd value your opinion.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Karlach said:
    Picked up a Beta key to Warlords of Draenor last night. I haven't played WoW in three years, trying to remember how everything works and finding all the mechanics are completely different anyway.

Ewwww WoW
    Portius said:
    Are these Conquest of Paradise Comanche? I've been trying to decide if the expansion is worth getting, and I'd value your opinion.
    Mmmm, I started off at the earliest year. I haven't really gotten into it far enough to be able to tell what the difference is as yet.

What I do know is that the "By Fire" event that native americans get is utterly ridiculous... 80% chance of a buff to a province/20% chance of -1 stability or straight up 10 administrative power. Now, it wouldn't be too bad if it showed up once ever 5-10 years or so... but it seems to be popping up every other month for me, so my administrative power is suffering something fierce. Relatively prepared to throw in the towel. Also, needing a western nation bordering with mine to convert to a government makes me quite wary of the whole thing.

And then there's always the whole... cross-continent colonies thing where you get nada from provinces that are not on the same continent as your capital. :/

(Yes, like I said... I'm brand new at Europa Universalis and getting quite disappointed by some of the mechanics already)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    You should be get tariffs instead of taxes and production from your colonies on other continents, unless there's some Native American/non-westernized modifier I don't know about. Works basically the same way, but they get modified differently.

My rule of thumb is to take province modifiers over administrative power losses most of the time, since it's used for so much. You can usually take the hit to military power on the events that modify it, though. That one isn't used for nearly as much. On the other hand, the farther you are from Europe the harder the game is supposed to be in general, so that might not be much use.
  • Steam made me buy Shadowrun Returns. And despite not being a big fan of turn-based movement in combat and knowing nothing about the lore beforehand, I am totally enjoying it because of all the RP dialogues and the awesome story...and because I always wanted to play a hacking, drone-controlling elf.

Now, I have to find out if my classmate still runs his Shadowrun P&P RP.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Aerdiya said:
    Steam made me buy Shadowrun Returns. And despite not being a big fan of turn-based movement in combat and knowing nothing about the lore beforehand, I am totally enjoying it because of all the RP dialogues and the awesome story...and because I always wanted to play a hacking, drone-controlling elf.

Now, I have to find out if my classmate still runs his Shadowrun P&P RP.
    I have it, but haven't played much of it. Never played Shadowrun, but it reminded me enough of X-Com, which I love, that I found it fun enough for the little bit I played. Do want to play it some more once I get a new mouse.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I also picked up FTL along with Spacechem and will henceforth pretend they take place in a shared universe. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Hm. I thought that Shadowrun Returns, as it shipped, was more of a platform that could have great games in it rather than a great game itself, since I wasn't a big fan of the campaign it shipped with.

But, there's player made campaigns, which solve that problem quite nicely. Only problem is there's a lot to sort through and Sturgeon's law applies. So if you people find any downloadable campaigns you like, please let me know about them.
    Portius said:
    You should be get tariffs instead of taxes and production from your colonies on other continents, unless there's some Native American/non-westernized modifier I don't know about. Works basically the same way, but they get modified differently.

My rule of thumb is to take province modifiers over administrative power losses most of the time, since it's used for so much. You can usually take the hit to military power on the events that modify it, though. That one isn't used for nearly as much. On the other hand, the farther you are from Europe the harder the game is supposed to be in general, so that might not be much use.
    While true on the administrative power losses... if RNGsus interferes, you can actually take a greater hit when you lose 1 stability instead of getting the province buff. And again, the event happens incredibly often... and the first 2 or 3 times it did happen, I got hit hard with negative stability.

Don't know about the Europe thing. I know England has a province right next to one of my vassals (That I plan to annex as soon as possible, so luckily I'll be converting to a government soon), and that I somehow managed to push my military to being ranked third... but then again, I'm also currently holding about 60% of North America and have no actual opponents left on the continent, with just the Aztecs peeking out down south.

• Portius said:
    Hm. I thought that Shadowrun Returns, as it shipped, was more of a platform that could have great games in it rather than a great game itself, since I wasn't a big fan of the campaign it shipped with.

But, there's player made campaigns, which solve that problem quite nicely. Only problem is there's a lot to sort through and Sturgeon's law applies. So if you people find any downloadable campaigns you like, please let me know about them.
    Buy the Dragonfall DLC for Shadowrun. It's leagues better than Dead Man's Switch.
  • Portius said:

Yeah, I was looking through player made stuff as well. I'll tell you if I find anything interesting. I put Dragonfall on my list now and it shall be played after I finish Dead Man's Switch. Looks awesome and yay for new characters with backstories.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited July 2014
    I just beat Dark Souls 2 playing a faith/warrior hybrid. So basically a paladin, so glad I didn't stay pure melee because I needed that ranged option at times.

Wooo for winning! Still have a few bonus/optional things to do, but mostly done.

Awesome game overall (except for a few parts that made me want to throw the controller through the screen). Very WTF ending that I didn't really care for though. The gameplay more than makes up for the dumb ending.

Guess I will see about what my next game should be.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Shovel Knight.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2014
    Karlach said:
    Picked up a Beta key to Warlords of Draenor last night. I haven't played WoW in three years, trying to remember how everything works and finding all the mechanics are completely different anyway.
    I'd call you a lucky little sod, but considering your post I saw in General Dissatisfaction, glad to see you got in at an early phase and will get plenty of bug hunting time (assuming you take it up :p  )

EDIT: I just got an email saying I got into the Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha.  Will be interesting to see what it is like.  There is no NDA for HotS, so I'm on the fence whether I will stream any games since I don't typically play these types of games.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited July 2014
    Lemme see... stuff I've been playing...

2DS (I'm too poor for a 3DS!): Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X
    PSP: DJ Max Portable 2, Project Diva 2
    PS2: the .hack//G.U. series for the unknownth time...
    PC: I'm on a nostalgia kick, so I've been playing old 286-486 games on Dosbox like Alley Cat, Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road, D-Generation, Quest For Glory, Star Control II... the list goes on.  More "Recent" stuff, I have been playing World of Warcrack Warcraft, Diablo III, Civilization V and Intake just to name a few things.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Crusader Kings 2. If you haven't heard of it, go look.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    When I got married a month ago, I inherited a Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, and Playstation 2. I already went through Donkey Kong Country, and working through:

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kingdom Hearts
    Final Fantasy X.

Then of course, there is:
    Morrowind
    Skyrim
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Star Citizen
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    When my housemate told me to get Long Live the Queen I played it for seven hours straight.

SO MUCH DEATH.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Isune said:
    Long Live the Queen. It's like Princess Maker if it were written by George R R Martin.
    I couldn't stop playing it, everytime I was like THIS time she will not die...ok this time....ok one more time...

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Now I want to play it again to get all the achievements...
  • Game Dev Tycoon, lately. Mixed with some KOTOR and of course Lusternia (though on a new alt)
  • Lavinya said:
    Isune said:
    Long Live the Queen. It's like Princess Maker if it were written by George R R Martin.
    I couldn't stop playing it, everytime I was like THIS time she will not die...ok this time....ok one more time...
    I always have the problem that she's never in the mood for the lessons I want to teach her. But I love it nevertheless.

I also got Dust: An Elysian Tail in the Summer Sale. It's quite cute and I love the graphics and the soundtrack. And of course there's Fidget. Best.Companion.Ever.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everiine said:
    Super Smash Bros. Melee

That game never gets old. Ever.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Iasmos said:
    Aramel said:
    Crusader Kings 2. If you haven't heard of it, go look.
    Clearly, you have skipped all previous comments in this discussion thread.
    Mea culpa. 
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Well, I brushed off my N3DS again and started over my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. What a relaxing game.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Have you ever tried the Harvest Moon series?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!