Haghan's Vision Quest on the Spiritual Path of the Eagle

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Everiine sits down on one side of the smoky campfire and gestures for you to do the same. He grumbles under his breath about the rain and shakes his wings in irritation.

Haghan sits himself down.

Everiine shakes the water from his hands and holds them over the fire. "When you enter the realm of Brother Eagle, listen for my voice. It will be your guide and your connection to your body. Do not lose it, or your spirit may be lost forever. Do you understand?" he asks.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar gazes into the fire and basks in its warmth. He listens careful, his tiny ears perking up. "I understand" he says solemnly.

Everiine nods and begins waving his hands over the fire. "When you enter the spirit realm, you will need to find an animal there known for its keen sight. That is the first lesson of the Eagle." He says. "I cannot predict what animal will meet us on the other side, so keep your eyes open." He chants over the fire, which flares up and twists into a column of bright blue faerie fire stretching toward the sky.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar gazes into the sky, his eyes following the blue flame.

Everiine continues to chant in a voice that grows dimmer and dimmer until it is nearly lost in the sounds of the fire and rain. As your eyes drift upward, a lifting sensation follows. A fierce wind blows down on your face. The rain whips around you in a frenzy, smashing against your skin. When you turn your eyes back down, you find yourself standing on a rocky precipice in the middle of a rainstorm. The column of blue fire stands next to you, and Everiine's chanting voice echoes from an unseen spot.

As if far away, you ask, "Can you hear me, Haghan?"

An owl hoots off in the distance.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar turns around curiously, his eyes scanning the horizon before settling on the column of fire beside him. Raindrops soak into his thick fur, but he seems unphased, peering curiously into the flames.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "I can!"

Everiine's chanting voice grows louder as the rain intensifies. Thunder and lightning boom across the sky, shaking the ground on which you stand. Curiously, some of the raindrops seem to have moved to fall right next to you, and the cloud of them becomes so thick it looks solid. The cloud of rain condenses and condenses until it takes the shape of Everiine, who steps out of it to stand next to you. "Ah, you made it." Shielding his eyes and looking up to the storm, he says, "Well, this was a fine time to come... look around, and see if you can find an animal here known for its keen sight."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar looks around curiously, tenuously reaching out to touch the rain. He peers at the horizon, but he eyes gaze in vain through the raindrops. His gaze scours the sky for a moment, then the ground, his face betraying slight signs of befuddlement. He points into the distance, searching in vain with his finger. Then, a sudden smile comes to his face as he turns his finger and touches himself in the chest, pointing inward.

Everiine shields his face from the rain again and watches you curiously. "I do not think you count yet, or we would not be here," he says.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "Well I aspire.. but I'm not known.."

Wary of the wind and rain, you say, "If you cannot find an animal soon, we may have to try again at another time. The door between realms can only stay open so long. Look around again and see if you can find one."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar looks around again. "Well then.. I must seek.. stay with me.." He looks around again, trying to find a save spot to climb down the precipice.

Everiine stands as close to the edge as he cares to watch your descent. "I have no idea what is down there, so be careful!" he yells down to you.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar grips the rocks tightly and descends the precipice, clinging to the rocks as he descends, yet the ground seems to come no closer as he descends impossibly along a stone cliffside.

Everiine crouches along the cliff's edge, moving from side to side to keep you in sight. The rain beats down on his back relentlessly. Next to him, the fire shrinks slightly as it works hard to remain bright.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar pauses for a moment as his movement disturbs something in the rocks. A soft squeaking emits from a hole in the side of the cliff. Hesitating for a moment, he peers into the hole.. then gently sticks his hand into it.. withdrawing a slumbering bat, that has somehow attached itself to his arm, still asleep. He ponders the creature for a moment. "These see when no others can.. they have a unique sight" He storkes the bat carefully, which seem sot awaken groggily.

Everiine smiles at your ingenuity and success. As the bat awakens, it blinks its sleepy eyes. It did not expect to see a giant bear holding on it and promptly freaks out, flapping its wings in terror and dashing back into the hole. When it pops its head back out, it squeaks in a startled, high pitched voice, "WHO ARE YOU?"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar pulls back as safely as he can. "I am a seeker.. you can call me Haghan".

Everiine sits down on the edge. The bat crawls back to the opening of the hole and regains its breath. "Goodness, you scared the wings off of me!" it squeaks. "How did you get here?"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar settles into a more comfortable position on the rock. "In the immediate sense, I climbed.. but I'll admit I just followed a guide in general".

Everiine covers himself with his wings, though he long ago was soaked to the bone. The bat turns to look up the cliff. It smiles widely and waves to Everiine, who politely waves back. Addressing you again, it squeaks, "Oh! Well then, you must be here to learn about my Master. I would be more than happy to help you in your travels. What do you need from me?"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar ponders that for a moment. "I am seeking the wisdom of Eagle, I would have whatever insight you would share".

Everiine can't help but laugh at the bat's cheery disposition. "I can help with that!" It squeaks excitedly. "But, ummm... I know lots of things. Why were you looking for me in particular?" it asks.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar nods. "I was sent to find an animal with keen sight.. and I though your sight which reaches where others do not, was quite keen".

Everiine quickly glances at the fire, taking note of its shrinking size. The bat, however, flaps about in its hole excitedly. "Oh yes! Yes yes yes. So many of my Master's servants have such well-trained eyes, they could see a field mouse in a praire from a mile away. I don't have gifts like that. So I had to find another way! Now, in the dark, I see better than almost anyone else. My sight is keen, not because my eyes are sharp, but because I learned to see in ways others can't. I see the world differently, and from that, I gain new understanding." The bat laughs to itself and twirls about in the tiny hole. "You know, I'm really enjoying this conversation, and it's awfully wet out there. Why don't you come in, and we'll have a nice chat!"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar looks up to the flickering fire. "I've got a fire to catch, but I can spare a few moments.. though ths hole seems a bit small." He curiously reaches into the hole, trying to pull himself in. The hole seems to adpat to his size, or perhaps his size adjusts to the hole, either way, the end result is a hole and tae'dae of matching size. He ventures carefully inside.

Everiine laughs at the sight. As you fill the hole from end to end with your immense size, the bat's eyes widen. "On, uh... on second thought... m-maybe you should catch that fire," it squeaks, barely able to move.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar looks up to the flame. "Well I think I should, but thank you for your time, kind bat!" He steps out of the hole with a bow, then slams his fist in a tribal salute. He thens begins the ascent to the flame, scamblign up the cliff despite his new size.

Everiine waits for you to get to the top and offers his hand to help you up. "Come back soon!" he hears from down below as he hefts you over the edge of the cliff. The fire has shrunk considerably, barely a campfire and flickering weakly. "Come come, up you go," he says, turning you toward the fire. The rain blasts down around you, the storm reaching its fiercest peak. "We have stayed longer than we should. It is time to go home." Even as he speaks, the rains cloud your eyesight and you feel as if you were falling down the side of the cliff. Thunder rips through the clouds and the rain lets up. As it clears, you see Everiine sitting, soaked, on the other side of a charred pile of wood. The last flicker of a blue flame winks out at its center, and all of your sense return.

Haghan's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "Well that was interesting.."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "Strange place."

Everiine flaps his drenched wings. "Aye, it was. It never looks the same way twice. Or, I have never been in the same area twice." He runs a hand through his feathered crest. "Did you learn what what you needed?" he asks.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "I think so!"

You ask Haghan, "And what was that?"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "That answers are not always obvious."

You nod your head at Haghan.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "I had half expected an eagle to swoop out of the sky."

You say to Haghan, "Brother Eagle and His Own would not appear so close to the edge of the realm. He waits until you have proven yourself, at the end of your journey."

You ask Haghan, "Do you think you succeeded on your quest?"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar says, "Well I know more than I did, so that is Sucesss."

Everiine nods to you and rises to his feet. "Then I name you, Haghan, Eagle's Eye. May your keen sight serve you well on your journey."

Haghan will now be known as Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye.

Haghan's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Thank you."

Shifting his attention to you, Haghan powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Shifting your attention to Haghan, you powerfully slam a fist against your own chest in a tribal display of respect.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• These are all pretty great. Good job, Everiine. I know if I was a newbie this kind of stuff would have hooked me into guild RP and got me to stay.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    They are really fun! Especially because they aren't planned in advance. I enjoy writing on the fly, and I always leave it to the other person to decide what animal they are going to find.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.