What are you playing?

Comments

• I grew up on the Harvest Moon series.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The 3DS ones seem a bit hit and miss. The first one was a lazy DS port, and the second one seems to be marmite. People love it or hate it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Surprised nobody said they are playing ESO. Hrmm.

• Karlach said:

The 3DS ones seem a bit hit and miss. The first one was a lazy DS port, and the second one seems to be marmite. People love it or hate it.

More Friends of Mineral Town was my jam. And Harvest Moon 64. And Another Wonderful Life. And Magical Melody which made farming more fun than wooing bachelorettes.

Rune Factory is also okay. Sorta.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Thoros said:

Surprised nobody said they are playing ESO. Hrmm.

I'm already shelling out for LotRO. I dropped SW:TOR when I couldn't afford to keep both, tried it F2P, was grossly unimpressed. Never tried ESO because I still don't want to sub to two games. Plus, I read lots of mixed reviews when it first came out.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Lots of Heroes of the Storm <3 Alpha Access 
  • edited July 2014
    Harvest Moon pretty is my favourite all time series!  I'm currently studying game programming and everyone groans when it's time to come up with ideas and I suggest something related to farming :D

I've been addicted to Tree of Tranquility recently, just love the silkworms for some reason haha.

Quite interested to see what Fantasy Life (3DS) is going to be like, though I have my reservations.
  • Isune said:
    Long Live the Queen. It's like Princess Maker if it were written by George R R Martin.
    Is that game really that good? I've seen other friends buy it, and I'm like why is everyone picking up some shitty anime game. Am I wrong for judging a book game by its cover? 

You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Isune said:
    Long Live the Queen. It's like Princess Maker if it were written by George R R Martin.
    Is that game really that good? I've seen other friends buy it, and I'm like why is everyone picking up some shitty anime game. Am I wrong for judging a book game by its cover? 
    I thoroughly enjoyed Long Live the Queen for its challenge. Now that I've (FINALLY!) beaten the game, I'm taking a break, but I'd love to tackle it again with different strategies.

Part of it is my enjoyment of these types of games, in which the skills you train affect the outcomes of the story. It's certainly not the most original or longest storyline, but to me, it has enough options and twists to keep me interested for a time. Having used LLtQ's same engine to make my own games, I'm also interested in supporting people who have used the engine successfully. Game-building is a long process that requires considerable effort, and I'm always impressed when a team (or person!) succeeds.

And regardless, not everything with an anime art style is terrible! Many are, but there are some great gems out there.

That said, I picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening last night, which I heard is fantastic -- and sure enough, it has an anime art style.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Animal crossing should just be renamed mortgage simulator: avoiding foreclosure.
    edited July 2014
    Shikari said:

That said, I picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening last night, which I heard is fantastic -- and sure enough, it has an anime art style.

Best game on the 3DS, the only draw back is melee class protagonists are vastly inferior to caster.

Well other than the lack of online play, curse you Nintendo for not letting me unleash my invincible army on the world.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Celina said:
    Animal crossing should just be renamed mortgage simulator: avoiding foreclosure.

That reminds me of Recettear, in which dodging foreclosure is a major plot point.
  • I played Pokemon Black a while back.

The Diablo III expansion was good too.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I started playing Skyrim and by the time I got done playing for the time being, I had an injured shoulder.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Thoros said:

Surprised nobody said they are playing ESO. Hrmm.

I've only heard terrible, terrible things about Elder Scrolls online.

I've heard a lot about Wildstar Online and have been considering it. The cartoony vibe is not really my thing though.

• Wildstar is awesome and hilarious!
  • Cthulu Saves the World
    Breath of Death VII
    The Wolf Among Us
    Castle Crashers.

Steam sales, tis terrible what they do to the willpower. :)

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think I'm almost ready for normal mode in FTL.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I wish I had time to play Wildstar. Alas, what I end up doing instead is buying a 2 euro bundle of all the Hacker games to add to my already outrageous gaming backlog. I wonder if there is therapy for digital hoarding :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Started Divinity Original Sin co-op with a friend. I'm a bit sad that Larian turned me down for a position with them, because damn this is a nice game and I'd have loved to be part of it. Still, for the one big Belgian studio we have, I am equally proud of what they have accomplished. Some things that could have been done better (co-op dialogue) but so far this looks like great fun and really a game to play with a friend.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    PIxel Dungeon on the Samsung. It's oddly addictive, like the old "Castle of the Winds" for Windows.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I've been grinding out an Achaean to get a break from the drama llamas. It's nice to be nameless.
  • edited July 2014
    floating point... damn you steam summer sale.

ETA: Not that I got it then... it's a free game. But it made me start looking at steam more again.
  • Nuclear Throne. One slight mistake and you're toast. Brutal roguelike for those who like torture.
  • I was watching Nuclear Throne price like a hawk during the Steam summer sale. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  • It's still early access, but it's quite fun so far. You can even check out the Vlambeer devs twitch stream for a look into their design process and such.
  • edited July 2014
    Finished 'A story about my uncle', found my experience sadly marred by the controls combined with the need for perfect execution.

Then finished 'Brothers, a tale of two sons' and loved every moment of it.

Now I'm shooting stuff in the free copy of Really Big Sky I picked up recently.

Also trying to decide if I want to keep culling my backlog by playing more short games, or pick up a long game and put a dent into it that way.
  • Rust.

HILARIOUS.

If anyone plays, let me know your steam name.  Allies are always needed!
    HotS alpha key get!

They opened up European invites this week and my god the addiction...