Gnomes, gnomes everywhere, and not a drop to drink

13»

Comments

• I have no gnomes.

I do however, have a Commandant's Medal, courtesy of Ironbeard.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Not only did I find a gnome all by myself, but then I found one for Faragan AND Kaelyssa! Warms my heart :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I haven't been getting gnomes, but just now from Ironbeard:

You quickly unwrap a silver solstice present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull an aetheric keystone from within.
    You've unwrapped an EXCEPTIONAL present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • egh. I feel terrible. I got a pearl ring, which I already had - and found a second gnome, made this poor newbie stop his hunting to come claim it, and he gets a bunch of poison he won't ever use.

But on the up side, yay getting to chat with some people I haven't seen in a long time :) Happy Christmas, y'all!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Don't use ya'll, and make sure your pinky is up while sipping that coffee you love so much.

I've gotten a pile of dolls. Something like five dolls and three spin coins.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Merry Christmas!
  • I got some frost! That one was from Ironbeard.

I also got a package of magic item curios. Found another gnome shortly afterwards, which I gave to Renthur. Don't recall what he got.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2012
    So! Final summary of what I got through gnomes and ironbeard:

-Altaira Doll
    -Luciphage Doll
    -Miakoda Doll (<3)
    -Rune of Glassworking (was in need of one. Oh, gnomes how did you gnow?!)
    -Wakabi
    -Fuzzy Spider
    -Bubble of Popularity
    -About 30k worth of gold give or take
    -5 ikon pack

Overall, great solstice presents :)
  • How some people manage to get so many presents, I will never know. Still, congratulations.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I got a Ruby Generator doll, a Crow doll, 5 damage enhancement curios, 5 magic item curios, a pack of 5 ikons, and 16k gold.
  • I got a White Hart doll, Lhiannan doll, and about 6000 gold, which I consider a fete, since I didn't get to log in much over the holiday.
  • Going places that other people don't seems to be the trick. Yesterday there seemed to be gnomes left for quite a bit after they dropped. Between Ironbeard and the gnomes I was really lucky and got a Diamond generator, Ashtorath, Rowenna, oolong tea, 11 dingbats, 5 travel curios, a powerplex jewel and a bloodstone ring. :D
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Five Ikons, two Commandant's Medals, 416 reishi, 244 goldentonics, 7k gold.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Ironbeard gave me a Great Rune of Empowerment! I was excited.

Then I remembered it's the only influence rune I already own.

I think the merry dwarf just trolled me. :D

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ironbeard -
    Dagger of Reincarnation
    Paintbrush
    Bugged Umbrella that decayed D:
    Maybe some other stuff I forgot
    Gnomes -
    6 coins
    about 20k gold
    4 dolls - Ebonglom, Shimotabi, Glumki, Miakoda
    One curio package turned into gold and coins
    Got a few curios from the Wheel that turned into a Divine Favour and about 90 some hours of crits
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Not even coal from ironbeard this year. Someone filled him in on my doings.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I just got a teapot. I am so fancy now.
    \
  • I got a Tully Broom! The only problem is, I have no idea what use it is supposed to actually have. BROOMSWEEP doesn't clear out dropped items, and from what I've seen through experiment otherwise all it does is leave the golden glowing message.

Does anyone know what it is supposed to do?
    I believe that you can broomsweep an item to destroy it; otherwise it just makes the room sparkly.

Please don't do it in forests, they are supposed to be at least a little dirty.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos loves being dirty.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Well, duh.  I am a savage forestal.
  • edited December 2012
    Broomsweep has to be targeted against an individual item, otherwise it just adds a description effect to the room for a while.  So you have to sweep each individual item separately.  

There are things that can't be swept away...that includes things with a flame sigil attached, certain protected stuff, etc--it will say that you failed to sweep it away and give up if this is the case.  I usually use it to clean up leftover corpses or obvious garbage.

I think the only combat use it has is that you can sweep away any cloud/dust effect where it's an object in the room, such as a poison gas cloud.
    [BANNERCODE]
    Note that you can do that to a number of them with Gust enchantments already.  I love using my Fan of Storms to blow away those noxious fumes.

However... mm.  I bet the broom works on fly-clouds even when there is a lich in the room...
  • Tully said:

There are things that can't be swept away...that includes things with a flame sigil attached, certain protected stuff, etc-

Well, I just managed to sweep away a monolith with a flame sigil, so if it used to be that way prior, it has now changed. I was just missing that you could target specific objects with it.

Thanks!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Broomsweep gets rid of magicmouth illusions, and maybe the illusions that happen when you enter a room, not sure.

IE, Tradein fodder.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ironbeard finally visited and gave me a skull. I take back the slander (mostly).

• I think Shaddus is describing the Wiccan ability to Broomsweep, which uses the same verb but is different from Tully's Broom.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • I /think/ Tully's broom gets rid of effects like Hallowed Ground, plague gas, etc.