What are you playing?

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tarkenton said:
    I've had a lot of success in the hardest difficulty in dao running tank Shale, a 2h warrior (currently Oghren), my dw rogue and Morrigan with a few healing spells. Next play through, I think I'll try running an arcane warrior, or a 2her.
    I adore Shale as a character, and I love her background story, but I strongly dislike the giant imbalance between her and Alistair when it comes to tank characters.

The history of the golems has to be one of the best story arcs though, makes the sacrifice of the wardens look a bit basic.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Gotten back into playing You Don't Know Jack, after finding almost the entire collection on Steam for USD$20 x_x
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Decided to try out Pirates of the Burning Sea. Was very intrigued when it was being developed (like 8 years ago?!? damn.... ) but never got around to checking it out. It's free now so thought I would see if it lived up to my expectations.

Anyone ever played it? Thoughts?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Snaithy said:
    Decided to try out Pirates of the Burning Sea. Was very intrigued when it was being developed (like 8 years ago?!? damn.... ) but never got around to checking it out. It's free now so thought I would see if it lived up to my expectations.

Pretty sure I tried it during the beta and wasn't impressed. Got boring quite quickly, even.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Karlach said:

Tarkenton said:

I've had a lot of success in the hardest difficulty in dao running tank Shale, a 2h warrior (currently Oghren), my dw rogue and Morrigan with a few healing spells. Next play through, I think I'll try running an arcane warrior, or a 2her.

I adore Shale as a character, and I love her background story, but I strongly dislike the giant imbalance between her and Alistair when it comes to tank characters.

The history of the golems has to be one of the best story arcs though, makes the sacrifice of the wardens look a bit basic.

Honestly, what it comes down to for me is her inability to be eaten by dragons. That right there makes her op. That, and she has awesome dialogue with everyone.
  • Earlier I finally mustered up the courage to finish up Alan Wake American Nightmare. Not even 15 minutes into playing the open window behind me slams shut. Turns out to be the pressure difference from an incoming rain cloud, but I so nope'd out of playing. It'd been bright sunny up until then so I thought I would be safe. Damn you nature!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Shale is Dragon Age's version of HK-47.

And HK-47 is my favorite video game character (unfortunately, I bought KoToR off of Steam, and it doesn't work on my PC)

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    And HK-47 is my favorite video game character (unfortunately, I bought KoToR off of Steam, and it doesn't work on my PC)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620666 See if this helps?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    HK mocking Bastila and Carth in KoToR 2 is the single best moment of that game, he also pretty much stole everything in 1, except that plot twist.

That said I'm fond of Oghren, there was something just pleasing about his laugh, then I realised the VA also did Grunt in ME2.

That reminds me, I need to finish my paragonShep playthrough, any excuse for more Garrus bromance time.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elanorwen said:
    Snaithy said:
    Decided to try out Pirates of the Burning Sea. Was very intrigued when it was being developed (like 8 years ago?!? damn.... ) but never got around to checking it out. It's free now so thought I would see if it lived up to my expectations.

Pretty sure I tried it during the beta and wasn't impressed. Got boring quite quickly, even.
    I've been reading that they had re-vamped within the last couple of years to make it a lot more immersive. Initially I've been impressed, but I get the feeling you're kinda left to figure out what to do on your own which can be a good thing, but in such a large scale game I'm starting to feel lost and I've only racked up an hour of gameplay :/ Apparently there's a steep learning curve to play this game....
  • Silvanus said:

If you are talking about KoToR 1 it worked fine for me after I installed the fan patch.
  • edited July 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    So, in that vein of thought, anyone feel like posting their list of must have mods for the various Bethesda games?
    Currently for Fallout New Vegas I have:

Ambient Wasteland 2
    Fallout Character Overhall
    Nevada Skies
    NMC texture pack
    Wave Radio
    jsawyer
    FNV4GB

I really like Wave Radio

Need to add NVSK, NVAC, CASM, YUP, Caesar's New Regime, New Vegas Uncut, and Wasteland Clothing Highres retexture.

I plan on making Project Nevada work with Tale of Two Wastelands with jsawyer

For those of you on desktops I hear Onyx EMB is amazing.

Keep in mind vanilla FNV is much more unstable than skyrim so expect shit to break.

PS: If you are not using Jsawyer you are not playing fallout right.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Rialorm said:
    Silvanus said:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620666 See if this helps?
    By the way, this worked, thank you very much.

Time to slaughter a bunch of meat bags!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Got an N64 Emulator on my phone, with Zelda: Ocarina loaded up on it. Happy happy :D
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I decided to try out Firefall, and it's pretty fun. Not a game I could find myself playing for hours, but fun enough that I can take an hour or two out of my day to dawdle about in.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited August 2014
    Oh my. I simply must recommend the iOS release 80 days to any traveling Lusternian ( @Drocilla) and anyone who enjoys interactive fiction. 80 Days is a steampunk varient of Jules Vern's 'Around the World in 80 days' and my word I just flattered a Lady of the Artificers guild in Paris into relenquishing a most useful coin for an automation somewhere on the Arabian peninsula and I was just abducted by an Air Pirate on the way to Berlin by motorcar. What fun! Review here: http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-80-days/ Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/80-days/id892812659?mt=8
  • I've recently discovered how to make swedium-infused rolling pins in Space Station 13.
  • Picked up Banished again. Naming my settlements after fitting Lusternia villages. So far no mass dying waves yet. Not sure if good or bad :P
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Expendabros and Pid. Expendabros made me wishlist Broforce, while I'd had some interest in it, it wasn't that much until I started playing Expendabros. Pid is a nice game that surprised me. I originally only picked it up because it was free.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Bought Chains yesterday since it was like a euro. Fun physics puzzler with a great soundtrack.
  • edited August 2014
    This! Thanks to a really good friend who gave it to me!

:x
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
    Finished my latest slog through Mass Effect 1 (Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game, it's just so limited compared to its successors) and about to dive into the unbridled joy that is ME2.

First ever time I'm playing a pure Paragon run through and staying with the same RI throughout... and first time I'm playing infiltrator. I feel so useless up close...I blame this godawful first sniper rifle.

• edited August 2014
    Inspired by @Karlach I too shall start a Mass Effect marathon. Because I've still not played 3. Which I keep being reminded of on a regular basis. Some of the oldest games in my backlog too so that will be good to deal with :) Now I just need to decide what all decisions I want to make and which class to play ._.
  • I picked up the Wolf Among Us back in the steam sale and, in finally getting around to playing it, I've been rather engrossed. Tho this has been true of any Telltale game I've ever picked up.

Occasionally I also play Terraria, tho that has petered slightly whilst the involved server peeps have gotten distracted. This may lead to me finally trying the 2014 Dwarf Fortress release [these things correlate to me for some reason]. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lavinya said:
    I've had the urge lately to play Sims 3 again, thanks to the into the future expansion being super cheap. I may have made the Doctor who lives in a blue box that is bigger on the inside, that is a genius and into the paranormal and loves to time travel...
    I confess to playing Sims just so I could watch them:

1.) Drown in the swimming pool.
    2.) Get smothered by flies.
    3.) Die after over-eating.
    4.) Die due to kitchen fire.
    5.) Die after getting trapped in rooms without doors.
    6.) Weep by the gravestones of their fellow Sims.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Lavinya said:
    I've had the urge lately to play Sims 3 again, thanks to the into the future expansion being super cheap. I may have made the Doctor who lives in a blue box that is bigger on the inside, that is a genius and into the paranormal and loves to time travel...

Even more fun having them be haunted by their dead friends and family. I like making them fix television sets without any skill- they'll live or die in the attempt, and either way, it's a valuable life lesson for the whole family.

...Such a dark game.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited August 2014
    Kethaera said:
    Siam said:
    Lavinya said:

Even more fun having them be haunted by their dead friends and family. I like making them fix television sets without any skill- they'll live or die in the attempt, and either way, it's a valuable life lesson for the whole family.

...Such a dark game.
    One up ya:

EDIT: Bad Link.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Isune said:
    Lavinya said:

I used to invent these contests where I would give each Sim a room and very limited resources. A Sim would die and I would remove another resource from all the living Sims rooms. And so on and so forth. The winning survivor got a mansion. ...In Roller Coaster Tycoon, I would also drown or sabotage everyone who hated my theme park. Ahem.
    Oh my goodness. That is so...Big Brother...err Sister? Bird? Goddess? Does each Sim have similar resources, @Isune?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback