Curio Rubber

TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
edited June 2015 in Mechanic's Corner
Someone asked for this the other day, thought I'd post it here.  Here's what you need to know.
  • curio whitelist X to add your whitelist terms
  • curio remove X to remove from your whitelist terms, requires the exact same thing be typed in
  • curio show whitelist to show your whitelist
  • curio clear whitelist to clear it
  • curio rubber on/off to turn it on/off
  • you CAN safely type in curios all with it turned on to see what will be rubbed
  • curio rub CONFIRM will rub the curios that are flagged to be rubbed

I am not responsible for any curios lost using this package.  If you accidentally rub away something you did not want to, it is not my fault.  Use of this package is at your own risk.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    this is frankly terrifying but I'm glad i'm not the only person posting my mudlet stuff, I was starting to feel a little silly! Did you consider maybe instead of having curios all trigger the rubbing, have curios all display the list with the whitelist highlighted, followed by a little prompt to confirm, requiring one more alias to actually start rubbing? I haven't had a good look at how you did it though so if that's silly ignore me haha

EDIT: what I mean is, grab all the un-whitelisted curios, stuff them into a table, then say "Are you sure you want to rub these (#doomedCurios) curios? Type hell yea to confirm", then activate an alias called "hell yea" which when triggered iterates through the table.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited July 2014
    Edit: That's actually not a bad idea. Will update in a bit.
    Updated to make it slightly more friendly to being used.  Still not responsible if you rub away something you didn't want to.
    Oh, thought of something that I won't be able to fix until I get home.  Do not do curio rub CONFIRM without typing curios all in between rounds of curio rubbing.  It will work off of the previous list of curios to rub, and since they like to share numbers, you could lose things.  So, what you need to do is

1. build your whitelist using curio whitelist X
    2. type curios all to have it build the list of curios to rub
    3. type curio rub CONFIRM to rub the curios from the list
    4. type curios all again to check your new list of curios, and to reset the list of curios to rub
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Do not use this with 700 curios to rub.

You will disconnect about 5-6 times.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2014
    I'm trying to think of a way to solve that now. I guess you'd have to somehow make the thing work slower so it doesn't overwhelm the server? You could just put a wait in there but no, bad reyl, no cookie
  • Make it take inventory instead of immediately rubbing on the line. Timer that fires every second that works through the table and sends the 'rub' command on that curio. 45 seconds of work.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Alternatively, don't ever wait till you've 700 random curio bits.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Updated this, hopefully it doesn't disconnect you if you have a butt ton of curios to rub.  Will send a rub command every half second or so, instead of spamming all of them at once.  Read the first post, and again, not responsible for you rubbing things you didn't want to.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Oh, thought of something that I won't be able to fix until I get home.  Do not do curio rub CONFIRM without typing curios all in between rounds of curio rubbing.  It will work off of the previous list of curios to rub, and since they like to share numbers, you could lose things.  So, what you need to do is

1. build your whitelist using curio whitelist X
    2. type curios all to have it build the list of curios to rub
    3. type curio rub CONFIRM to rub the curios from the list
    4. type curios all again to check your new list of curios, and to reset the list of curios to rub
    Have you considered clearing the list when sending the rub commands?
    Ooh, yeah, forgot to mention, did that. Sick or something atm (including yesterday) so I just forgot to mention it.

If, after running a batch, you tell it to rub again, it will echo back that it's list of thing to rub is empty.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I installed this package, but nothing happens, even after I restart Mudlet. No command works. Since the Wheel saw fit to dump another 25 curios on me, and I don't feel like sitting there and trying to manually rub each one in turn, I'd love to figure out why this isn't working.

Also, and I think I've asked it before and might have forgotten, I'm looking for ways to destroy completed curios. I don't want them at all.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You cannot destroy completed curios.  You can give them to people, though.  See: Curio Transfer Complete.
  • edited March 2016
    I really dont get this script I created the whitelist and everything but when I turn on the rubber it just rubs everything.