Discovering Kio's shadowy side

Kio tells you, "Hey there. Would ya have a few moments? I, uh... I got somethin' I think ya should know 'bout."

You tell Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight, "Of course -- I'm in the Shadow Court when you're ready."

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings scuttles in sideways from the south.

You see the following people here:
Kio, Svorai

Kio smiles softly.

You incline your head politely to Kio.

Dipping his hand into a shadow cauldron, Kio pulls out a long shadow and releases it into the air. The room darkens with the churning darkness.

Iorwen tells you, "I would like to speak with you, k'z'lia, if you have a moment."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow moves to the south of the room, regarding Kio.

You close the steel door to the south.

You tell Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest, "Of course -- I'm with Kio presently, but will be available after that."

Cheerfully, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "How are ya, Svorai?"

A soft breeze caresses your exposed skin, sending shivers through your body.

Kio steps down off of a ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings.

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings begins to follow Kio obediently.

After considering the question, you say to Kio, "I'm very well, thank you."

Kio smiles softly.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles and says, "I'm glad ta hear it."

You ask Kio, "And how are you faring?"

Smiling widely, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "I'm doin' real good!"

Kio beams broadly.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You have emoted: Svorai walks slowly towards the centre of the room once more, to stand before the statue of Crow.

Beaming proudly, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Svorai... can I ask ya ta keep a real big secret? I'm 'fraid what I need ta talk ta ya 'bout won't make much sense unless ya know it, first. But- I'd like it ta stay just between me and you. Ain't no need for no one else ta know it's a thing."

Kio beams broadly.

Shadows swirl around your arm as the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree digs itself more painfully into your finger.

Dripping water echoes in the distance.

Her expression quite curious, but somewhat uncertain, you say to Kio, "Of course, Kio. What's said here is said here."

You tilt your head and listen intently to Kio.

Kio smiles softly.

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "It does take time to settle into things, but I'm sure you will get there in the end. I took a great deal of time settling into my own guild tasks when I was fresh out of the Portal."

Kiy tells you, "What guild did you come to?"

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "The Blacktalon."

Kiy tells you, "Ooh, so you're still there!"

The Domoth of Harmony enters a dormant phase.
Akyaevin takes control of the Quintessence of Balance.

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "Aye, I've always been a member of the Murder."

Kiy tells you, "Cool! I hope to always be a member where I am too."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight's eyes ripple with an indiscernible emotion as he nods and seems to stand taller. The laziness of his posture melts away as his shoulders seem to broaden and his back stands straight. The cheerful glimmer of his eyes is no longer present as you notice his shadow twitch. It was just an instant. Perhaps it was merely the light.

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "We must serve where we are able to serve best."

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "In any case, I'm glad that you have joined us, Kiy, and that you're finding things well. I'm terribly sorry, but I'm in an audience with another member of the commune, and ought to give them my full attention."

(The Crux): Akyaevin (from the Realms of the Domoth) says, "Would help if I remembered to bless before descending."

Akyaevin calls a major blessing of the Domotheos of Harmony down upon the Grand Dominion of Magnagora.

Kiy tells you, "Oh, sorry for taking up your time, and thank you for talking to me!"

The smell of decay assaults your nostrils.

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow regards Kio with a curious expression. She places one foot behind as though to steady herself, or simply stand more comfortably. She tilts her head, expectant.

A glorious beam of light shoots out over New Celest.

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings rubs her two forelegs together.

You tell Kiy, Ward of Shadows, "No, do not apologise! I wish you well, Kiy."

LOOK AT KIO
He is a burly tae'dae blood demigod and towers gently over his surroundings. Standing upwards of nine feet tall, his huge form is exceptionally stocky. Broad shoulders give way to powerful arms, immense strength evident in the massive bulk. Though obviously quite powerful, his almost purposefully lazy movements sit juxtaposed to a healthy, stout core, creating an air of gentleness about this impressive bear. Shaggy fur covers his body from toe to head, strangely holding onto the colour of a still lake. This oddity is only even more apparent when he moves, the surface of his body seeming to glisten and ripple, as if mimicking the surface of water. Softly catching the light, diminutive droplets of water trail from his movements and fade into the air like a calm mist. On his forearms, three symmetrical rings of ice sit amongst the liquid fur, perpetually frozen. Eyes of pure cerulean stare out about his surroundings with a latent curiosity, the same ripples of his fur catching the available light. Across his face are four more jagged streaks of frozen fur. Travelling the top left corner of his eye to the underside of his chin, this scar of a battle lost is a peculiar sight on such a gentle creature. He is wearing a light blue coral ring, a beryl sun ring, a sapphire ring of waves, a rainbow coloured ring, a dolphin shaped ring, 2 blackened chain link bracelets, a yellow bone ring with a feather of garnet, 2 rustic rings of blossoms, a red bone ring with a soap-shaped opal, mechanical spurs, a black coat of leather and silk, a midnight black cloak, honeysap beads scorched with ursine images, the blessing of Sister Lake, a Locket of Changeling Memories, a set of silver-trimmed viridescent robes, a wooden band of woven stories, 2 raging thorn beast brooches, a pack of amaranthine silk, a mottled maple leaf bloodstone brooch, a bone talisman buried in the centre of his chest and a silver torc.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight's features are overtaken by a small grin. This time, the movement of his shadow is no question. Though he remains stoic and motionless, his shadow elongates. It grows long and frail, and its limbs seem to twist beyond mortal recognition. The fingers of the right hand of the shadow seems to stretch and sharpen, the long, twisted hand reaching slowly across the ground. It slithers ever so slightly in your direction and begins to open as though it wishes to grab hold of you. It stops just short as you notice Kio shooting it a cruel glare. Satisfied with its obedience, he returns his eyes to you.

Strangely solemn, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Do not mind him, Svorai."

The shadows slowly start to dissipate.

Dipping his hand into a shadow cauldron, Kio pulls out a long shadow and releases it into the air. The room darkens with the churning darkness.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "For now, his bondage is firm. He shall not be a pest."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow regards Kio, and the retreating shadow, with a very faint frown. She says nothing, but her eyes ask a question.

Smiling softly, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "There is no need to frown. The chains of the snoefaasia are present and his prison holds true."

The Domotheos of Life emerges from its dormant phase.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "We all hold secrets, after all."

Smiling softly, almost cruelly, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Regardless."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "I am in the middle of a game, Svorai."

Slowly, her mood somewhat sombre, you ask Kio, "A game, Kio?"

Kio nods his head emphatically.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "With the Myeras."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "In particular, the game begun with Gabriella."

Smiling fondly, though his eyes hint of malice, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "At first, it was merely my intent to play with her."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "She is naive and easily fooled. In fact, she now considers me a friend."

Kio smiles softly.

Thoughtfully, you say to Kio, "Gabriella is the one I have found at the Fulcrux of Maylea over these last few years." She tilts her head and asks, "A friend?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight nods softly, producing a painting.

Kio proudly shows off a painting of a shimmering rainbow:
Though common wisdom grants seven names to the colours of a rainbow, the dizzying vibrance of this expanse of colour is an array of many more than that, seven times seven. It begins with a euphoric red and cascades hue by hue to deep, mysterious violet. Though made only from scattered bits of light and air, the rainbow arcs naturally across whatever it lies upon. When held, it encircles the hand in an endless stream of colours.

Smiling softly, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "In fact, she has on one occasion willingly offered me her very shadow, explicitly to affirm her trust in me."

Kio smiles softly.

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow looks at the painting, seeming to admire it before her gaze shifts to Kio.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "However."

Calesta tells you, "Are you busy?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight's smile fades and his features grow cold.

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings rubs her two forelegs together.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "It seems the rest of her kin are now involved."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "I must say, it is an unexpected turn of events. A most pleasant one."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "In fact."

You tell Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust, "I am, presently, sorry."

You tell Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust, "I will be free in time, though."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "I've come to discover that her son, Avurekhos, has become haunted by a particular shadow visiting him in his dreams."

Thoughtfully, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "It holds some meaning to Gabriella, as well. His mention of it caused her to grow incredibly tense, bringing attention to a particular scar on her forehead."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Moving on, it seems her daughter, Zouviqil, is just as naive."

You tilt your head and listen intently to Kio.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "In fact, I wouldn't think it be long before she defects from the Serenwilde and takes refuge with Mother Night's own Coven."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "This is merely a by product, currently. The goal is still upon Gabriella."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Now, on to the matter I need to bring up to you."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Gabriella is a dreamweaver, Svorai."

You have emoted: Svorai seems to have listened with quiet curiosity, but she tilts her head at mention of dreamweaving.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings scuttles back and forth.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles softly at your sudden interest.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "She has on one occasion grown so bold as to dreamwalk into the Merciless Forest itself in order to speak with me."

"Oh?" you exclaim quizzically.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "It seems she is going to great lengths to ensure our friendship is much out of sight of politics."

Thoughtfully, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "I would have it no other way, of course."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Regardless."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "It is a matter of security."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "While her skills are lacking and her intent seems to be innocent, only a fool assumes he is always in control of a puppet's strings."

Comments

• edited September 2013

You have emoted: Svorai seems to muse on the idea for a time. At first she seemed alarmed at the idea, but slowly, that thought subsided into a darker thought.

Her voice thoughtful, you ask Kio, "Hmm... Where has she spoken with you?"

You ask Kio, "At the Master itself?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles impishly and says, "No. Though I doubt she would ever. She's quite skittish."

You nod your head at Kio.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "At current, she has only spoken to me at the lair of the Wyrdling."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "And only once."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "I do not expect her venturing into the Glomdoring to become a regular habit, mind. I merely wish to bring attention to it. I am inexperienced with dreamweavers. I do not know of what they are capable within enemy territory."

You say to Kio, "If she is willing to stray into the Dark Heart... her curiosity is not something I'm willing to quench." She says quietly, "Not all of the north are ignorant and useless. There are those who have had their promise squandered and their potential wasted."

You say to Kio, "Those with hearts that seek the truth of all things." She asks, "What do you think of Gabriella?"

Lifting her hand to touch the plinth of Crow's statue, you say to Kio, "You seem to mock her idea of a friendship with you."

Silvery strands of spider webbing weave like shadow across your form, haunting in their eerie luminescence.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight chuckles softly, studying you curiously. He shadow shifts upon the ground, retreating back towards him. Strangely, it seems to cast its gaze upon you - more of a feeling of being watched than anything.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "She is a tool. A plaything. A toy."

You ask Kio, "And will she always be thus?"

Kio smiles softly at you.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "No. One day she shall become fodder for Brother Crow." He pauses for a moment to study your face. "Willingly, should things go according to plan."

You ponder Kio thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Thoughtfully, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Though I am not so foolish as to assume such a plan flawless, mind."

You say to Kio, "One way or another, things have their resolution. And we know what that is." She says, as though musing, "Willingly or not is the question, indeed."

Kio smiles softly.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Have you noticed the sweets scattered among the edge of the forest, by chance?"

You look thoughtful and say to Kio, "Nay, I haven't."

You ask Kio, "Her doing?"

Kio shakes his head.

You tilt your head curiously at Kio.

Calesta has been psychically and physically impaled by a kephera warder.
    You see the death occur at Chamber of Subtle Ruminations.

Smiling softly, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Zouviqil's. It seems her parents, as well as her brother, are quite protective of her. They have forbade her to go exploring around the Glomdoring's edge. It seems that the treats scattered amongst our boundaries are the work of that little one. She's told me its her way to sate her curiosity." He pauses for a brief moment, smiling thoughtfully. "It seems her desire to see the Glory of the Wyrd has grown quite strong."

You say to Kio, "This Zo..Zouviqil?" Her tone rises as to make sure she said the name right. She asks, "What draws the young one south?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Me."

Grinning at the simple answer, you say to Kio, "Of course. Though I wonder what you have filled her head with."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles softly, regarding you thoughtfully.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles and says to you, "Why, everything she's ever wanted in a friend, of course."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Kio.

You smile softly.

You nod your head at Kio.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles and says, "Someone who also thinks the two forests can one day be at peace and live in harmony."

Continuing, his mood growing obscenely dramatic and overstatedly blissful, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "A day shall come-."

Her tone light, but her expression quite sombre, you say to Kio, "Oh, there will be harmony one day." She tilts her head at your pause, and says in the silence, "Though [REDACTED]"

His melodrama carrying through as he makes grand hand gestures, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "-when both forests cast aside their differences and remember the teaches of the Elders. A world where Nature is the only virtue, in all its forms. A world where the Wyrd - merely a part of Nature - and the Serenwilde's 'pure' forest stand together to remind the Basin of such harmony."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow's lips curve in the faintest smile as she regards Kio.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight frowns and says to you, "It appears there are none others within the Serenwilde that express her opinion."

You look thoughtful and say to Kio, "Hmm."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow turns her attention away at Kio's comment, her expression dark and thoughtful.

Turning back to you after a time, her voice low and soft, you say to Kio, "These are interesting things to know."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "As I said. I merely wished to let you know of Gabriella's recent harmless intrusion."

You tell Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust, "Will you be about long?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "I do not wish for such games to bring ill to the forest."

(The Swarm): Vadi says, "Who is up for Beauty?"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Should she return once more, I shall inform you immediately."

Calesta tells you, "Most likely."

(The Swarm): Calesta says, "I will help."

(The Swarm): You say, "I will help."

You look thoughtful and say to Kio, "But do not raise the alarm."

(The Swarm): Armaros says, "I can as well."

(The Swarm): Kio says, "I'll tag 'long."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Of course."

(The Swarm): Kharne says, "I can help as well."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says to you, "Should there also be anything I should know about dealing with dreamwalkers, I'd like to make myself knowledgeable. I care little for falling prey to my own ignorance."

You say to Kio, "Thank you for letting me know." Svorai seems to be somewhat withdrawn in thought as she asks, "Was there ought else you wished to talk about?"

Comprehension flashes across your face.

(The Swarm): Kharne says, "Are we meeting at the Master Ravenwood Tree?"

(The Swarm): Calesta says, "Not quite yet."

(The Swarm): Vadi (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "If we decide to do it!"

(The Swarm): Vadi (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Morkarion?"

You look thoughtful and say to Kio, "Simply that we should be careful where we hold our private, or sensitive conversations."

Kio nods his head emphatically.

You have emoted: Svorai shrugs lightly.

You say to Kio, "Were it Enyalida dreamweaving, then I'd have a problem."

You say to Kio, "In any case..."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles and says, "Should the Court need be informed, I will understand. I'll leave the matter to you. I hold your opinion quite highly and trust that you would only do so if it needs be done."

You say to Kio, "The shadows are a far better audience than the Court, in things such as this."

Kio smiles softly.

Showing that he understands, Kio nods his head slowly.

Moving towards the south once more, you say to Kio, "Thank you for bringing it to my attention, regardless."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow tilts her head at Kio, as though asking whether there was anything further on Kio's mind.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight's posture breaks as his cub-like excitability and lazy stance return. Just as quickly, his shadow snaps into place, resembling him once more.

His cub-like eyes distracted by the statue of Crow, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Thank ya for talkin' ta me, Svorai! I sure do like hearin' what ya gotta say 'bout stuff. You're real smart!"

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight bounds playfully about the statue, before hopping towards the door and beaming proudly, his eyes wide with joy.

(The Crux): Vadi (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Going to be upgrading Beauty, anyone interested?"

(The Crux): Leolamins (from Celestia, Plane of Light) says, "I would be happy to assist."

You have emoted: Svorai Stormcrow's expression flickers with something akin to pride as she regards Kio. She smiles very faintly, leaning on the heavy doors of the Court.

You incline your head politely to Kio.

You open the steel door to the south.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight waves and turns to the door, stopping within its threshold.

Over his shoulder with cub-like enthusiasm, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "And remember! Our itty bitty secret! It'll mean we're real good friends now, too!"

Kio blinks.

Kio blinks.

Kio blinks.

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight frowns and says, "I wonder if I should get ya a present."

You smile and say to Kio, "Night ever obscure your trail, Kio."

Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "I think I will!"

Kio waves goodbye.

A ghostly purple spider with silver feathered wings scuttles sideways off to the south.
  • From a while ago, but up at Kio's request!

Since this day, Kio has been an enormous pain an interesting character in Svorai's life. 

And every time I encounter KioRP, I cry inside. Why must he be so good :( *scuttleandfetal*

<3 Kio
  • Svorai said:
    From a while ago, but up at Kio's request!

Since this day, Kio has been an enormous pain an interesting character in Svorai's life. 

And every time I encounter KioRP, I cry inside. Why must he be so good :( *scuttleandfetal*

<3 Kio

Aww, shucks.  I ain't nothin' special.

Anywho!  Thank you, Svo, for editing and posting this!  This has been a super long story arc for Kio, and I wish I had saved more of the logs from it.  Unfortunately, I didn't think I'd be getting as enthralled as I have and ignored doing it.  When I finally realized how much fun I'd been having, I decided not to post any of it on the forums so that everything could be pretty organic, since it involved lots of non-Gloms.  Now that it's all done and Kio got his prize, there are a few fun-bits to show off!

Backstory (I wish I had the log D:): Kio performed a ritual as a newbie EG to honour Brother Bear.  It all went wrong and he was attacked by the manifestation of his hatred and resentment for his father, leaving a pretty nasty scar on his face.  Afterwards, @Xenthos had a nice chat with Kio about Crow and Black Sorrow.  Xenthos told Kio he needs to not let these feelings consume him - because they will - and instead use them as a weapon.  So... Kio did.  He bound the thing inside his own shadow using the powers of the snoefaasia (again, I wish I had the log for this one).  He carried it around, acting none the wiser.  However, what he didn't tell anyone was that he was secretly feeding it more of his hatred and spite, letting it grow into something stronger... a much better weapon.  The Night Coven would be there when Kio revealed this weapon... and when he bound it in his own blood (something inspired by the dear rp of @Tacita).
  • Suspended in a shifting void.
    This place seems to be some sort of half-formed, shifting amalgamation of various places. The walls 
    and floor seem to phase in and out of reality, constantly shifting between a puzzle of different 
    textures, shapes, colours, and materials. Patches of scarred stone walls blink and fade into 
    expansive forests. Pieces of studded steel floors fizzle into open water. Countless images dance and 
    mix, swirling on an unsettling astral breeze that seems to lead you into the most concealed corners 
    of your memory. In the center of this strange place rests a single bookshelf, constantly warping and 
    bubbling over itself. A large, chestnut brown stallion with a white mane stands firm here. Penumbra 
    Nepenthes Silent Cleric is here. Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness drifts here, vibrant 
    blossoms surging out of the ground around him. Dramshanks Nightshade, Wyrden Witch is here. Queen 
    Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness is riding on a large, chestnut brown stallion with a white mane.
    You see a single exit leading north.

You say, "Right, then."

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness says, "I see, I hope so."

Beaming proudly, you say, "I can't wait no longer. I'm so happy ta show 'im ta ya!"

Valonah tilts her head curiously at you.

Daem tilts his head curiously.

You have emoted: Kio motions all those gathered to stand at the western side of the room.

Dramshanks Nightshade, Wyrden Witch follows others to the western side, gathering his cloak around 
    him quietly.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness flutters her wings and lands near to the west side of the 
    room.

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness hovers over to the western side of the Library, 
    landing before facing you.

Penumbra Nepenthes Silent Cleric slips over to the western edge of the room.

You have emoted: Kio nods softly, approaching the shifting bookshelf in the center of the room. 
    Passing a massive paw in front of it, the room begins to shift. As if an illusion has been dispelled,
     bits and pieces of shifting surfaces seem to slide away as those made of charcoal blackened 
    cobblestone seem to slide together like a puzzle. When the room has stopped its shifting, the 
    bookshelf slowly recedes into the ground, its cobblestone top now embedded within the floor. A 
    pentagram has been etched on its surface in silver.

Umbra, the shadow fox looks to Kio tilting her head curiously, before rubbign her body amongst Daem, 
    before sitting and waiting expectantly.

You have emoted: Kio's eyes ripple in satisfaction as the numerous sconces about the large, now 
    circular room burst into light upon the walls. Three large circles have been etched into the ground 
    in the same silver as the pentagram: one centered in the west, one in the northeast and one in the 
    southeast. Each circle is composed of three circumferences. The middle circumference is a solid 
    silver line. The outer circumstance seems to be made of small embellishments of astrological symbols.
     The inner circle is etched of words which you cannot quite comprehend, but seem to glow eerily in 
    the flickering light. The circles intersect in the center of the room, creating a rounded triangle 
    about the pentagram where the bookshelf once stood. In the center of each of the circles is an 
    equilateral triangle pointing towards the center pentagram.

You have emoted: Kio smiles has he lowers his hood, satisfied with the transformation. He slowly 
    takes his place atop the pentagram and faces those gathered.

You lower the hood on a set of silver-trimmed viridescent robes.

His baritone strangely solemn and his features serious, you say, "I have been practicing, Coven. You 
    have witnessed the majesty of the snoefaasia once, but she, too, has grown stronger. I must admit, 
    though, it has been due to the aid of another."

You smile softly.

You have emoted: Kio brings his hands together flat in front of his chest and bows his head. You 
    notice a snowflake materialize from the aether, hovering in the northeastern circle. It quickly 
    turns into a small flurry which coalesces into a wintry snoefaasia which stands within the circle's 
    triangle.

You have emoted: Kio turns his hands against each other, keeping his palms together to form a 
    horizontal plane with his forearms. A small purple vine emerges from the center of the triangle 
    within the southeastern circle. Without hesitation, many smaller vines erupt from the ground and 
    writhe about each other. Unfurling delicately, they fall away to reveal a small foxglove.
    5904h, 7560m, 6840e, 10p, 21900en, 29400w elrk-

His head bowed and his arms unmoving, you say, "They have been instructed on what to do. The purpose 
    of this gathering is simple, yet thousand fold." His voice seems to waver slightly as he continues, 
    "His will has grown stronger, and for this, I am grateful."

You have emoted: Kio lowers his arms to his side. As he slowly raises his head, the sconces on the 
    walls begin suffocating themselves, one by one, until only the three behind him remain lit, casting 
    his shadow into the center of the western circle. It twitches suddenly, a tremor which is 
    immediately noticeable as the chest of his shadow comes to rest directly upon the circle's triangle.

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness's and Umbra's head tilt in unison, eyes examining the 
    actions with interest.

His eyes callous and his grin strangely cruel, you say, "Coven. We all have secrets." Smiling coyly 

Wickedness overtaking his every feature, you say, "That secret has grown. It has been nurtured. It 
    has been fed."

Withdrawing his athame, you say, "Today, it is time to reap my harvest of Darkness."

You have emoted: Kio's face contorts into a wild, wicked smile, almost unable to control his twisted 
    enthusiasm. Bringing his athame to the nook of his elbow, he drags its blade all the way to his 
    wrist. The movement is slow and steady, as if he's savouring every second. The blade passing deep 
    through his skin, blood begins to pour down his hand and fingertips.

You have emoted: Kio growls in ecstasy as he watches the blood quickly pool at his feet. Throwing 
    his head back and letting loose a mighty roar, he quickly brings his bloodied hand to his face and 
    violently rips open the icy scar marring its features. Flesh and fur fly to the ground as he remains 
    looking to the ceiling, a river of crimson cascading down his chest.

You have emoted: Kio lowers his head slowly, his eyes closed but his smile wide. His face spasms 
    with obvious pleasure before he opens his eyes, now blackened orbs of suffocating darkness.

Snarling wickedly, you say, "C'mere, pet."

You have emoted: Kio hurls his athame into the center of the triangle within the western circle, 
    planting it in the center of his shadow's chest. As if taking a cue, the snoefaasia thrusts her arms 
    forward as five thin chains of ice materialize and thrust themselves into the shadow's wrists, 
    ankles, and neck. The foxglove has not gone unmoved either, now casting its piercing gaze at the 
    athame planted within the ground.

You have emoted: Kio reaches his hand out before him, allowing the hard trickle of crimson to pour 
    from his fingertips and into the western circle. The blood pouring from his body seems to take on a 
    life of its own as it begins to snake about his form, following the lines of his arm and jettisoning 
    itself into the now filling circle. Blood continues to flow until the circle is a churning pool of 
    crimson, contained by its circumference.

His front stained by his blood and his voice slowly growing into a vicious roar, you snarl, "Show 
    them, my pet. Show them your allegiance. Swear to them your hatred is all-consuming, your savagery 
    unmatched, your lust insatiable. Prove to them that we are one, that we are bound by blood." His 
    baritone now echoes off the walls as his roar is almost suffocating, "Bind yourself to my will, my 
    pet! Bind yourself to the will of Night! To the will of Glory!"

You have emoted: Kio smiles widely as a torrent of blood erupts from the center of the pool. As it 
    falls back into itself, you notice a twisted, morbid thing standing before you. Half writhing 
    shadows, half bloody muscle, its very form seems to scream of pain and torment. Broad shoulders 
    stand nine feet tall and give way to powerful arms of visible, pulsing muscle. On its right hand is 
    a massive claw of jagged bone. It stands before you almost regal, holding its shoulders taut and its 
    back straight. Crimson orbs of pure blood swirl about its face for eyes and a smile of pristine, 
    razor-sharp teeth decorates its features. It seems to wear a helm of jagged bone, spires jutting 
    back across its scalp and ending in sharpened points.

Softly, you snarl, "This is my glory, Coven."
  • You have emoted: Kio's features melt away as fatigue sets in. The creature looks closely at those 
    gathered, studying them intently before opening its mouth to reveal a deep, polyphonic voice. "So, 
    you have decided to show them your work, little Kio Er'idin?"

Regarding the creature with a strange fondness, you say, "Indeed, my pet. But that is not why you 
    are here."

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness notes the creature calmly, his finger to his lips as 
    his right eyebrow raises slightly.

Softly, you say to Daem, "See, my Prince? He has grown. I have shaped him into something more than 
    mindless sorrow."

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly at Daem.

Softly, as to himself, you say, "Yes. Something much more."

You have emoted: Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight smiles softly as the creature continues to 
    study those gathered. It leans forward slightly, smiling warmly at Valonah. "Ah, the Lady Queen. I 
    do hope you are well. Little Kio has reminded me of your importance. I must apologize for our last 
    encounter." It stops a moment, sniffing the air before her. "While it would amuse me greatly to see 
    you torn limb from limb and your innards showered upon treetops, I am reminded that all is not Havoc.
    "

Casting a wicked gaze at the creature, you snarl, "Do not play your games. We are Glory, pet. Save 
    your Havoc for the end days."

You have emoted: Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight's features soften slowly into a look of 
    fondness for his creation. The creature seems to smile warmly, yet its eyes speak of cruelty. "Very 
    well, little Er'idin." Turning its sight to Daem, it continues, "Why are we here, if not to bathe in 
    your savagery? This is no battlefield. This is no Havoc."

As if speaking to a confused child, you say, "You are correct, my pet. This is Glory. You are to be 
    baptised today. Reborn in servitude. My pet- my child of Havoc, pledged forever to Her. Pledged 
    forever to Glory."

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness gives the creature a calculating look, turning from 
    the creature to Valonah and then back to the creature.

You have emoted: Kio continues to smile fondly at the creature, so consumed with his enamour as to 
    be oblivious to those present. "Is that so, little Kio Er'idin? And I can be promised bloodshed?" 
    The creature has never once turned to face Kio. It seems far more interested in studying those 
    gathered, sweeping its gaze from one of them to you, and then to another. "Torment, Kio? Can you 
    promise me torment?"

You have emoted: Kio smiles warmly, tilting his head to the side. He eyes seem to twinkle with 
    fondness as his brow lifts, regarding the creature with a strange pity.

Reassuringly, you say, "I promise you Glory, my pet."

You have emoted: Kio studies the creature for a moment more as it continues to study those gathered 
    in turn. Kio bows his head, mumbling a small prayer to Mother Night. He falls to his knees and 
    presses his bloody face against the floor, imploring Her for Her gift.

You have emoted: Kio rises to his feet and, with impressive swiftness, runs forward towards the 
    creature. His bare feet splash through the churning blood as he lets out a fierce roar. Without 
    stopping, he charges toward the creature and thrusts his right arm out. With an audible "splorch," 
    he shoves his arm forcefully through its back until his hand erupts from its chest. It screams with 
    pain, and for the first time, its gaze is removed from those present. Its polyphonic shriek is 
    almost deafening as it writhes and flails upon its impalement.

Continuing his prayer with fervent reverence, you say, "Hail Night, Mother of Darkness. Attend to us 
    in this, our hour of need. Guide us down the trifold path, and grant us strength in your shadowy 
    embrace. May Sun never find us unawares and Moon ever hide from Your Might."

You have emoted: Kio's face remains turned to the floor as a swirling archway of ethereal darkness 
    rises before the creature. The figure of a tall, unthinkably beautiful woman leans forward from the 
    archway and presents Her kiss upon the creature's forehead before She and the archway instantly 
    disperse into wisps of shadow. The creature's screams stop instantly as a look of sheer ecstasy 
    overtakes its face, whimpering as it dangles loosely upon Kio's forearm.

You have emoted: Kio smiles softly, his head bowed and his gaze still fixed upon the ground.

You have emoted: Kio removes his arm from the creature's mangled body without looking from the 
    ground. The creature falls to its knees, a soft splash of blood accompanying their meeting with the 
    floor. "This... this is Glory, little Kio Er'idin?" It stares blankly forward as a viscous, black 
    liquid seeps from its crimson eyes. "I am yours, Kio. I am Her's. We are Her's."

Umbra, the shadow fox barks softly, nudging Daem with her head.

Softly, you say, "Indeed, my pet. We are Her's."

You have emoted: Kio remains motionless as the silver etchings on the floor flare brightly, blinding 
    you for what seems like minutes. The smell of blood overwhelms your senses, and you are certain that 
    if you were able to see, you would see only yourself covered in crimson. As your sight returns, you 
    notice you stand once more within the shifting void, the ethereal bookcase standing proudly in the 
    centre of the endless turning.

Dramshanks Nightshade, Wyrden Witch makes a reverent personal gesture across his chest, an emblem of 
    Night as his eyes pour over the scene.

You have emoted: Kio sits before you on his knees, his face and arm mended as a glowing healing aura 
    diffuses into the air around him. His chest, however, is bloodstained and his clothes ripped. Jagged 
    wounds peer out from around the talisman of bone buried in his chest. Even though they do not bleed, 
    they are ripped open to expose the muscle underneath.

Softly, as if drained of all energy, you say, "There we are."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness flutters her wings once again and lands before the blood 
    stained Tae'dae "Kio" she whispers softly, gasping a bit as she is taken by the blood, she leans 
    down to help heal him as well, laying her small hand upon his head.

Valonah lays a hand on your forehead, and your body tingles with a healing warmth.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "While you show much more control with your shadow, 
    I still worry for you, yourself."

Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness smiles softly at Valonah and he overs over to examine 
    you.

You have emoted: Kio looks about the library, gingerly raising his head with a small wince. Though 
    obviously devoid of strength, his eyes shine with clear zealotry. "Thank you, my Queen." His smile 
    speaks volumes of insanity, though his eyes glimmer with sincerity. "I'm all right. I'm quite all 
    right."

Tenderly bringing a paw to his chest, you say, "We are all right."

Softly, Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness says to you, "No, Acolyte, you will be all 
    right in time."

His soft baritone strangely vicious, yet comforting, you snarl at Daem, "We are fine, Prince."

You blink.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness says, "If you say so."

Motioning her hand around the room to the others, Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, 
    "Thank you, for allowing us to witness your work. You know you are not alone because you have all of 
    us."

Almost shamefully, you say, "Apologies, my Prince." He turns to Valonah and smiles weakly. "We than- 
    I thank you, my Queen."

Daem tells you, "When you are more recovered, I wish to speak with you in private."

You tell Prince Daem Bel'Fiore, of Relentless Darkness, "Of course, our Prince."

Daem nods his head at you.

You have emoted: Kio crouches forward and, using his massive arms to help, labouriously stands to 
    his feet.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness nods slowly toward Kio, aware that the voice speaking is 
    not of his own.

Valonah flaps her wings quickly and begins to hover in the air.

His smile cruel, yet somehow heartwarming, you say, "Come, my Coven. I shall lead you back to the 
    forest."
  • I have the log of the final nail in the coffin, as well: the last conversation between Gabriella and Kio, where everything falls into place and we find out that Kio was lying through his to Svorai and the gang the whole time.  Kio kept telling everyone the "game" was about getting Gabriella to beseech Maylea to do something about the brand on Maeve.  The brand is that of Nifhelemememema, but it's in the shape of the weeping amaranth - a flower.  This was enough to link to two together in the mind of Kio, so he ran with it and spread that around the people who needed to know.

The truth of the matter is Zouviqil has a very special gift.  Zouviqil sees "colours" around people.  It didn't take Kio long to realize that what Zouviqil was seeing was the "truth" of those people.  He needed Zouviqil in the Glomdoring before the Serenwilde realized this, or else they might have used her gift against the scheming and plotting of the forest.

I won't post the log with Gabriella's permission, though!  *sends her a PM*
  • I never got that PM from you, Kio!  (And some of us knew about Zouviqil's gift. We just aren't EBIL LITTLE MUNCHKINS LIKE YOU. D:)
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Some of us knew what was going on, and wanted to RP with Zouviqil about it. Instead, you stole her away and now she's all icky and vine-covered and stuff.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Correction, I stole her away. At Kio's prompting maybe...but still!
  • I miss @Kio, he should come back :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Agreed, so he can kick @Tarkenton's butt for not getting Zouvi married into D'illici :D
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    @Kio come back so you can post that log with Gabriella. :( We're waiting.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Agreed, so he can kick @Tarkenton's butt for not getting Zouvi married into D'illici :D
    I think he will have two reasons to spank his son. Just a thought. :D

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • @Tarkenton never meant anything to Kio :(. I like to think that @Thul knew that, and I'm sure @Zouviqil did from the get go.

Kio just wanted to give Thul and himself a cute little daughter to love and care for. The color stuff just made it easier to have a half-decent reason to associate with Serens. The fact she grew up to be Queen is something that just kinda happened, and left him happily surprised when he last popped in.
    I always figured that was the case. Thul always seemed to like Tark well enough, so one out of two ain't bad.