Looking for In Game Modern Historians

edited September 2014 in Common Grounds
I need a catchier title for this thread, but I can't think of one just yet.

Firstly, I ask that people keep this as OUT OF CHARACTER Knowledge, unless I decide to actually write this as an in game book. (It shouldn't have any impact, but one never knows... it's been a long time.)

Anyway, I'm interested in writing down what I believe to be an interesting piece of Lusternian history.  However, I need help from other people who were either around at the time, and or knew of the time period.

It's the story about the founding of the Ebonguard, and how Daganev was made it's first guildmaster.  The interesting part of the story that I want to reveal is how Daganev was an Member of Fain's order at the time, and was part of a plot to make Fain the Patron of the Ebonguard and possibly Glomdoring.  It was a very tumultuous time, with lots of twists and turns, many of which I don't quite remember, but it's long enough ago, that I think it's worth making it all "unclassified".

There are three questions I have that I want to have answered before I write it down.

1. Was this plot well known to others?
2. Was this plot the cause of the strict code change that required each Divine Patron only be part of one Commune/City?
3. Does anyone besides Daganev know of this plot?
4. Does the plot still impact relationship between Magnagora and Glomdoring today? (nearly 300 years later)
5. Do members of Fain's order still know about this or was it lost in time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Well, I'm the 'loremaster of the tower', so I'd like to know all about it!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm one of the closest things to a Serenwilde historian, but all of this happened before my time. I'll have to see.

As for #2, are you talking about Order Affinity? Because that came around LONG after this event. Unless you're talking about something much earlier.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • For a brief period of time, I think maybe 2 IG months, Fain was the official patron of the Ebonguard.  Then that was coded to not be possible.  I don't remember how long after though.  That's part of what I'm asking.
  • It's also possible I'm not remembering correctly and Fain made patron of another guild, the commune itself, or was prevented from being made patron. :(  I'm looking through some old news articles and can't narrow down the in game decade of when the plan was ditched.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2014
    As far as I am aware, Fain was never the official patron of the Ebonguard... if you had done that, Viravain would have kicked you from the forest immediately.  Remember that she was kicking others out for even saying that they worshipped him at that time. :P

There are more than 3 questions, but I will answer them anyways.

1. Was this plot well known to others?
    - Daganev's participation in this is not something which is general / public knowledge, but the fact that there was a plot to take over the Glomdoring perpetrated by Fain's Order is most definitely something well known and still taught within the Glomdoring.  A number of people were removed from the Glomdoring for their Fainite leanings, others had to become rabidly anti-Magnagoran in order to stay, etc.
    2. Was this plot the cause of the strict code change that required each Divine Patron only be part of one Commune/City?
    - Only partially.  The Pantheon did not really come around until years later, when the new cities were released and a similar thing looked like it was going to start happening again; at this point, the Admin just decided to nip it in the bud and not allow it to screw with things again.  As such, on an in-character basis, no.  The two events have no relationship to one another.
    3. Does anyone besides Daganev know of this plot?
    - This is basically the same answer as #1.
    4. Does the plot still impact relationship between Magnagora and Glomdoring today? (nearly 300 years later)
    - Yes.
    5. Do members of Fain's order still know about this or was it lost in time?
    - I'm not sure, but I'd hope that if members of the Glomdoring know about it that some of Fain's do.  That said, I'm not sure who is still really around in Fain's Order these days...

Edit: PS, there will potentially be in-character consequences for publishing a memoir about such things, depending on how it is done / phrased!  The Traitors are still not well liked in the Forest.  I suggest you keep that in mind, but as long as you do there's no real reason not to consider it!  That was a really hectic period of time, as you say.
  • @Xenthos thanks.

Is there a list of known involved people?  A. I wouldn't want to reveal people on accident.  B. It will help me search the news archives for timing.

It's sounding to me like I'll need to word it in a way that teaches a useful lesson to current members of Glomdoring or something like that.  I was hoping to write a dry history, but oh well.

There are a few key events in my memory, and it seems like I'm not remembering things correctly, or I didn't know the context in which some events took place and so I'm remembering the details wrong.

And wow, I just realized it was almost 10 RL years ago, scary.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pretty much everyone who came from Magnagora was on the "suspicious" list.  One of the Yuniko / Yukari / Yu* sisters was removed by Viravain for coming out and saying that's what they were doing, and as I recall she very strongly went at quite a few others by association (Chade has admitted to being part of it, but I don't remember if he did ICly or just OOCly).  It's way too long ago for me to really remember the exact details of who was suspected, I'm afraid!

Basically, every Mag who joined Glom and went back to Mag shortly thereafter was just assumed to be guilty, and those who stayed were viewed under the "suspicious, but chose to back away from their plots and identify with the Glomdoring instead, so we will assimilate them" mindset.
  • @Xenthos  Thank you for the idea of submiting it to Bardics.