Curio Exchange - A website to aid in the trading of curio pieces

I have created a website called Curio Exchange to help in the trading of curio pieces. The concept is simple: Sign up (while your password is stored encrypted, please pick a -different- one than your Lusternia password!), fill your wanted and owned list, then go look if there are any people either interested in pieces you have, or having pieces you want. Contact them ingame and get trading. This should hopefully be a better system than people posting their lists in the marketplace or ingame ads (you can still do that) and then waiting.

The website at current is developed with the 'lean startup' philosophy in mind. This means I have just created the MVP (minimum viable product) so I could get this up and running in just a few days. I'd love it if people would sign up and get using it, and please post here if you manage to break something or see an error.

Few future additions planned are the ability to import a wanted or owned list from game parse (probably the outputs of partial curio inspection and piece list) as well as the ability to mass delete things from a list. If you have feedback regarding a feature the site should get, please also post that here.

Happy trading everyone!

Edit: Some new sets like genies are missing, I am currently awaiting an overview of those from @Xenthos. Credit for all the current pieces goes to Xiel's site.
You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited September 2014
    First Issue: Trying to go to the Owned Pieces Page so I can fill out my sizable repertoire brings me to Wanted Pieces instead. This is from the page that shows them both.

EDIT: Further experimentation shows that if I add a curio on this page, they show up under Owned Pieces anyways. I think this is just a typo issue!

edited September 2014
    Also, something seems to be wrong with the Asp pieces. The ones on your site, as well as Xiel's, don't fit with the pieces I own.

****************************[ All Curios (*ASP*) ]*****************************
    Id      Type     Set                  Collection   Description                 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6446    Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Lower Bottom Body
    6792    Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Middle Top Body
    7000    Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Upper Bottom Body
    14769   Rare     Avaricious Asp       Snake        Head
    14773   Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Tail
    15707   Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Middle Bottom Body
    16496   Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Lower Bottom Body
    16579   Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Lower Fangs
    16671   Piece    Avaricious Asp       Snake        Lower Top Body
    *******************************************************************************
    Total Curios: 9

"Lower fangs" seems inconsistent with "right fang" and "left fang", and in your listing there is only an upper, middle, and lower body, without top and bottom variants of those.

EDIT:

I forgot you could break partials, so I went ahead and made one. This is what the game is telling me the asp pieces are, instead:

************************[ PARTIAL AVARICIOUS ASP ]*************************

ID: 14769
                      Curio Set: Avaricious Asp
                           Part: Partial Avaricious Asp
                     Collection: Snake
                           Type: Magic Item
                          Power: 200 Enchantment Charges

Head: Complete
                 Upper Top Body: Missing
                Middle Top Body: Missing
                 Lower Top Body: Missing
              Upper Bottom Body: Missing
             Middle Bottom Body: Missing
              Lower Bottom Body: Missing
                    Upper Fangs: Missing
                    Lower Fangs: Missing
                           Tail: Complete

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Huh. That's interesting. They must've changed things around after it was released... because this was the partial I was working on back when they were released:

************************[ PARTIAL AVARICIOUS ASP ]*************************

ID: 3011
                      Curio Set: Avaricious Asp
                           Part: Partial Avaricious Asp
                     Collection: Snake
                           Type: Magic Item
                          Power: 200 Enchantment Charges

Snout: Missing
                           Head: Missing
                       Left Eye: Missing
                      Right Eye: Complete
                      Left Fang: Complete
                     Right Fang: Complete
                     Upper Body: Missing
                    Middle Body: Complete
                     Lower Body: Complete
                           Tail: Complete

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Vivet said:
    First Issue: Trying to go to the Owned Pieces Page so I can fill out my sizable repertoire brings me to Wanted Pieces instead. This is from the page that shows them both.

EDIT: Further experimentation shows that if I add a curio on this page, they show up under Owned Pieces anyways. I think this is just a typo issue!

Fixed, was an oversight due to copy / paste.

As for the avaricious asp, I'll put in the new values tomorrow. Kinda sucks for you though @Ssaliss. How very weird that when bits are renamed they retain the old names on an existing partial. I'm just not going to ask how that even works, nope :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Oh, no, that was a partial I grabbed from my logs way back when I made it. I just found it interesting that the pieces changed... Makes me wonder how many other curios were changed.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Oh, no, that was a partial I grabbed from my logs way back when I made it. I just found it interesting that the pieces changed... Makes me wonder how many other curios were changed.
    Oh, whewt. Faith in codebase restored. You saw nothing.

I had to rename the wooden carriage pieces, but that is because on Xiel's site they are the exact names of the wooden luggage set. I suspect there might be more.
  • Hmm. Quick question on future development... How possible would it be to add an API so that people can write code to automatically update listings on that site?
  • I'd have to investigate the possibilities, sounds possible in theory and would be neat to have. Challenge accepted :P
    For the corrupt staff, I have the rare piece - the blackened staff - but this piece is not visible in your index. I see a "spark of the Soulless", which might be an erroneously named rare piece for that curio.
  • I'll rename it. I think that is also one of the sets where Xiel didn't list one as rare so I had to guess which one would be the rare. Thanks for catching all these :)
  • More typos:

"tuffed panda head"
    "eweled eye garnet pupil"

The "bloodshot, glaring eyeball" should maybe just be "glaring eyeball" as that's the name of the set.

I noticed both "jeweled" and "jewelled" on the list, different sets, different spelling. Heh.

Thanks for the site!

• Thanks, those got cut off with manual editing it seems. I'll fix the eyeball. Noticed the different jewelled spellings too, not sure if also like that ingame or not but it bothers me also :P
  • **********************************************[ All Curios (*JEWELLED*) ]***********************************************
    Id      Type     Set                  Collection   Description                                                          
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17987   Complete Jewelled Turtle      None         Complete Jewelled Turtle
    2269    Piece    Jewelled Dragonfly   Flutter      Lower Left Wing
    4164    Piece    Jewelled Dragonfly   Flutter      Lower Left Wing
    5301    Piece    Jewelled Dragonfly   Flutter      Lower Right Wing
    5927    Piece    Jewelled Turtle      None         Bottom Shell
    7204    Piece    Jewelled Dragonfly   Flutter      Upper Right Wing
    ************************************************************************************************************************

So at least the Dragonfly is "jewelled" as opposed to "jeweled" on your site.
  • Also, a suggestion: Make batch adding possible. I mean, I've got 120 pieces, I don't really have the patience to add them one by one :D
  • edited September 2014
    Hmmm. s/jewell?ed/jouled/gi

Curio collection is a lot of work.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ieptix said:
    Hmmm. s/jewell?ed/jouled/gi Curio collection is a lot of work.
    Yes.  Yes, it is.
  • Ieptix sed:
    Hmmm. s/jewell?ed/jouled/gi

Curio collection can be awkward.
    Fixed that for you.

• Ssaliss said:
    Also, a suggestion: Make batch adding possible. I mean, I've got 120 pieces, I don't really have the patience to add them one by one :D
    One of the next planned features :)
  • Ieptix said:
    Does that mean you are fixing the naming to be consistent? My linux-fu isn't very strong :(
  • Rialorm said:
    Ieptix said:
    Does that mean you are fixing the naming to be consistent? My linux-fu isn't very strong :(
    He just made a regex joke, replacing "jeweled" and "jewelled" with "jouled."

• What does the "gi" stand for though? That's the one part I didn't understand :(
  • Iasmos said:
    Rialorm said:
    Ieptix said:
    Oh. Well, at least they would all be named the same ;( But fine, I see how it is :P
  • Ssaliss said:
    What does the "gi" stand for though? That's the one part I didn't understand :(
    Global replace and case-insensitive.

• Iasmos said:
    Rialorm said:
    Ieptix said:
    The regex was not the (whole) joke. Apparently no one likes my puns. Alas.
  • edited September 2014
    Changelog:

- Avaricious asp pieces renamed
    - Blackened staff rare for corrupted staff
    - Cutoff names fixed
    - Bloodshot glaring renamed to just glaring
    - Jeweled dragonfly renamed to jewelled dragonfly, need spelling confirmation on jeweled eye and lilly
    - New sets + pieces added: Red-heart box, all the genies, a few cooking curios and bubble curios.

I still need a lot of piece names! If you have a partial from a set that I do not yet have please PM it to me so I can add the whole thing. Some missing ones are more cooking, possibly bubbles, masks, treasure map, poteen...

@Ieptix: I got the joke now. If I say I liked your pun, could you help me complete my database? :)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Nice website. I was wondering if you could maybe replace the ability to choose from a dropdown box with maybe an input box that searches for pieces in the database? Like if I type in "gold bottle", a drop down appears with all the gold bottle options. Would make adding pieces much faster. Maybe add a continual "Add piece" option on a page so it keeps creating new boxes that way you don't go to a new page to enter in info every time. Speeds up the process.
  • Actually if you have the dropdown box expanded, you can just type and it should take you to the first match. However I could certainly see about a search and filter dropdown control. Good idea on making things less clicks though. I also hope to add the mass adding feature in the next few days which should make things easier for those of you with massive lists.
  • Rialorm said:

@Ieptix: I got the joke now. If I say I liked your pun, could you help me complete my database? :)
    Not really, but I've updated the lily to be "Jewelled Lily", which appeared to be the only one that was using the single-l spelling.
  • Ieptix said:
    Rialorm said:

Not really, but I've updated the lily to be "Jewelled Lily", which appeared to be the only one that was using the single-l spelling.
    Fair enough, at least everything is neatly spelled the same now. So thanks for that <3
  • Thanks to @Lavinya I have added the Poteen Pot pieces. Could someone tell me which collection curry bottle belongs to? I have the pieces but need to be able to stick the set in the right collection.