Subj: Introducing Mobile Reactions

We've just released a new way to customise your loyal denizens! Owners
of permanent beasts (either collared or pets) and dwellers are now able
to purchase reactions for their creatures, allowing them to react to the
world around them.

Details can be found in the HELP MOBREACTIONS help file, but here are
the highlights:

o Mobs can be set up to react to a number of certain events in game
(such as hearing a say in the room, or being attacked).

o Mobs can react in a variety of ways, such as emoting, saying, or
attacking the person who triggered the event.

o Conditions can be placed on triggers, allowing them to only fire when,
for example, a member of a particular org activates the trigger.

o Purchased reactions are placed into a pool from which reactions can be
assigned to mobs.

o Reactions can be activated and deactivated on a mob.

o Reactions can be edited to a mob for up to 24 hours after being added.
After this period, reactions can be unlocked for further editing at a
very small credit cost.

o Reactions can be removed from a mob for a small credit cost, returning
them to the player's reaction pool.

Penned by My hand on the 17th of Juliary, in the year 392 CE.

----

At first glance, this looks pretty cool- a more codified set of reactions and things you can do with your pet.

The only question I have is, what about reactions that are already on pets?  Custom beasts have in the past come with reactions that you could pick, but they were manually added by the admin.  When I check my REACTIONS SUMMARY it shows nothing, and 0 slots.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Do new custom pets come with some slots/reactions as part of the cost?
  • edited September 2014
    These are a completely separate system from the previous setup used for pets, and it is not possible for the previous sets of reactions to be converted to the new system in any automated fashion. Unless Estarra happens across this thread, the best place to ask questions about any interaction between old to new style reactions will be artifacts@lusternia.com or support@lusternia.com. I'm afraid I don't know what any of the answers will be, though; that sort of stuff tends to fall outside of my area of expertise.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm curious about the pricing on this.  On the old system, you could just buy reactions for 25 credits each (note that this is still in the help file for custom beasts- "4) Reactions - 25 credits each (expensive because they are a pain for us)").

Under the new system, it says that you need to buy the slots for credits (you can buy 25 slots for 250 credits), and then it says to add a new reaction to a pet it costs another 50 credits.  In order to use all 25 slots, you need to pay a total of 1500 credits, whereas under the old system it cost just 625 for the same number of reactions... and the new system is completely automated, so it doesn't even have the same level of overhead.

Am I misunderstanding something in the help file?
  • edited September 2014
    Oops, the 50cr thing is a leftover from a prior planned pricing scheme. Once you purchase the reactions, you can apply them to a mob from your pool at no cost.

Edit: Help file updated.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2014
    Ieptix said:
    Oops, the 50cr thing is a leftover from a prior planned pricing scheme. Once you purchase the reactions, you can apply them to a mob from your pool at no cost.

Edit: Help file updated.
    Thank you!  That is so much better, and niftier.  I kind of want to throw 250 credits at it just because; I don't even have 25 reactions I want to add at this point. :o

I probably will email @Estarra at some point about the custom reactions Ilistala has already got, I think having them in this system would also be pretty awesome (I've kind of wanted to have the ability to toggle them on and off).

Edit: Maybe even have a nominal fee of 5cr or something per reaction to convert over (since they were already paid for, this is mostly just paying for the time to swap them out- and only if they are a reaction that will work in the new system, of course).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just want to say that I love the idea of this!

• edited September 2014
    Should those of us who have pets with reactions email atifacts@lusternia.com or wait for an anouncement of some sort?

Sadly, I am tempted to create a 20% trigger on a say that causes the mobile to respond "That's what she said!"

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2014
    Admittedly I'm a tiny bit 'meh' about the fact that the reactions that were purchased by people that paid 900 credits for a pet (or 450 for a dweller) are not retroactively applied - I know that one of my dwellers still has some reactions that I never got around to using in the first place (I think I still have 4 left on one of them...)  Might see if the unused ones can be added so that rather than having to pester the admin every time I want to add a new reaction, I can do it using the new syntax.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'd like to see old reactions moved to this new system too.
  • Question: Can I have a reaction that only fires when I am not in the room? Or, failing that, inverse conditionals like "not a member of org/guild/clan X?"
  • How can I see what reactions my original pet has, so that I know which ones to ask for being converted?
  • E-mail artifacts@lusternia.com @Daganev if you don't recall what's all on your pet. Alternatively, look for old correspondence with said e-mail.
  • Drocilla said:
    E-mail artifacts@lusternia.com @Daganev if you don't recall what's all on your pet. Alternatively, look for old correspondence with said e-mail.
    Don't know why I didn't think of that.  Man I wish I could redo some of those reaction choices ha!