info quests

Ok ,since I've tried some muds here and there and since I'm quite new in the MUD world...there's something that I often get confused: how to see what mob is available for quests and how to begin a quest.

I've done some collegium quests and they're easy to know how to start.  But what about other quests?

The help page says: "Permanent quests are quite numerous and may be found all over Lusternia. Simply GREET the denizens you meet and you will hear clues that lead to permanent quests".

So what have I to answer when I greet a mob and then s(he) says things like "whould you help me in getting items.." ? When I type "say yes to mob" doesn't work. And when the mob asks me for help I can't see the name quest in the quests window yet obviously.

sorry if this is a very.... simple and basic question. 

Comments

• No need to agree to the quest; if they ask for an item, get said item (although it might be a special item) and give it to them.

As for the quests window, unfortunately not all quests are tracked yet.
  • mmm...thanks for the (second) answer again.
  • A good method I find for working out what denizens want, if they're not being clear enough, is to mention a bunch of keywords they will likely recognise. So if they want five bear asses you can mention 'bear' 'asses' or bears or whatnot and they might tell you. Mentioning just 'help' is also enough to cause more quest denizens tell you what they need.
    Retired.
  • lol!
    With mention do you mean typing "say <keyword>"?
  • Just that. Say someone tells you to get a key from the kitchen. You can then try saying either "key" or "kitchen" or something like that and see if that sparks a response.
  • Ok got it now,thank you :)
  • Protip: If you talk to denizens in elaborate sentences with SAY TO and you are lucky, an admin who is about might decide to spice up your fun a little and animate the denizen. Not happened to me yet but have heard of others who got some fun random encounters out of that. That said, I'm guilty of more often than not just blasting a series of keywords at an npc o.o
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Protip: If you talk to denizens in elaborate sentences with SAY TO and you are lucky, an admin who is about might decide to spice up your fun a little and animate the denizen. Not happened to me yet but have heard of others who got some fun random encounters out of that. That said, I'm guilty of more often than not just blasting a series of keywords at an npc o.o
    During Viravain's return Mahalla (No doubt being controlled by Vira's player) engaged me in a nice general conversation about the event itself and general thoughts about Glomdoring and role-play. Apparently others experienced the same thing with Lhiannan. Can be quirky.
    Retired.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The best on-the-fly RP I've ever been in was the result of casually mentioning something to a denizen. It can happen at any time over anything, so it's always nice to put the little extra effort in!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.