Homesteads!

edited November 2014 in Q&A
Hi!  I'm wondering if any of you out there actually own a homestead and maybe could clear a few things up for me.  The help scroll is a bit vague in some areas, and I want to know how they work exactly.

Specifically, I know they are accessible to the public, but *how* accessible? And is it possible to have just one room open to them, and then those that we choose have access to the rest of the homestead privately, via that object that you can touch to transport you between rooms?  Like say I had a set up like this:

These top four rooms accessible only to people chosen via the center room (provided they are monolithed so people can't 'port in) where a transport object is placed, as listed in the help scroll.

[x]
 |
[x] --- [x] --- [x]   
 |
[x] ---- this room connected to the rest of the homestead by the transport object, and the only completely publicly accessible room

Hopefully that makes sense.  Please let me know anything you know about homesteads, and if you can answer these questions for me!  If I can't get some real answers here, I'll have to email the artifacts peoples. :D Thank you in advance.
--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."

Comments

• I am pretty sure you can get a door, however, I doubt you could get an unbreakable door put in and weather or not you could even get a locking door would be up in the air. My suggestion to you would be to e-mail support as we have asking your questions. We've had a lot of questions about what we can and cannot do as well. You may be able to do a hidden exit which may be effective for what you want, at a cost they may even consider a special exit like how one enters a guild all. Do not mark my words on that and if it were considered, it would be costly because that is a bit of coding that has to be done and odds are, directed towards a group (your family I would assume), as a guild is. Its a idea to think about and to  ask about. Support is your friend! Do not hesitate to ask them your questions!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Thanks for the help, this is officially answered. :)

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you would share said answer, we can reference it later when others ask as well! :)
  • Oh! I asked the artifacts email.  It does indeed work like I had thought, with teleport being possible from one room to the rest of the manse, which can be private.
    --------
    --------