Lirangsha!

13»

Comments

• It was so fantastic, really. How amazed I consistently am, that the scope of the world can narrow and expand so descriptively so that the machinations of mortal slaves can be just as vivid and utterly important as say, stories about gods fighting one another. This is why I joined, and still play Lusternia, for sure. <3 
  • Morkarion said:
    I must say a huge thank you to whoever took the time to sit and write that. When I was reading through it I was utterly gobsmacked at the sheer length and depth to which it went.

Then I realised that was only page one o.O
    Thanks! As I usually write all these stories for year end events, I'm always ecstatic when there's positive feedback! (Thus, my shameless trolling for reading in-game.) Personally, I think the Diary of Aurelia was better written but the TIme Dame Diary probably has more lore.
  • These two diaries were AMAZING.  Thank you to everyone who had any part in writing them!  I liked the little twist at the end with Gaudi/Halli a lot! 
  • Clearly, we should just shove them back to prevent anyone from using the same trick again. Safest that way.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Estarra said:
    Morkarion said:
    I must say a huge thank you to whoever took the time to sit and write that. When I was reading through it I was utterly gobsmacked at the sheer length and depth to which it went.

Then I realised that was only page one o.O
    Thanks! As I usually write all these stories for year end events, I'm always ecstatic when there's positive feedback! (Thus, my shameless trolling for reading in-game.) Personally, I think the Diary of Aurelia was better written but the TIme Dame Diary probably has more lore.
    For me I'm a sucker for stories where a lot of random, or loose, dots suddenly get joined up, the biggest revelation in this for me was the background between Castellan and Rashaala, just to see how far and how deep the feud went. As well as the history into how the Goloths time came to an end, how Maxyenka survived the fall and the relationship between he and Kesisha, which I really wish had more in game dialogue to it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Heeee. Ke$isha.image

• So the Goloths were the leaders of the Dominators. The undying one was Maxie-poo.

Also, potentially, each Soulless God could have their own version of the Taint. Crazen was just the Krokani-hypnotoad. Kethuru was undeadness and Viscanti. I don't know crap about the other soulless Gods

• I'm not totally sure Crazen's power over the krokani was really Taint-esque... The fact he could only control krokani had me thinking, and looking back at the histories.  I'm leaning heavily towards the idea that Crazen could dominate the krokani because he consumed a part of Krokano's essence during the Elder Wars (the whole face hugging tentacle thing that destroyed his eyes and started the path to his magic one-eyedness).  The Taint affected everyone.  Makes you wonder, though, if there are other races (playable or npc) besides the ones we know about, that may have been affected in similar ways.  I think it would be interesting to see the viscanti, trill, illithoid or krokani to turn on everyone because one the Soulless who managed to control those races go loose some day.  
  • You might want to spend some time reading events posts.  There's a LOT of stuff in there.  Based on what I've seen in game and read in the histories--Taint from the soulless is a general thing, most Taint we've experienced comes from Kethuru's discovery, but Illith, Zenos, Crazen, Muud, all have their own flavors than can be slightly different. In fact, Soulless can consume other Soulless--at one time, a serpent (avatar of Illith, right?) tried to attack Kethuru by eating his effects and reversing the tainted lands around Magnagora.  

Right now it's Kethuru who's the biggest, the "Fat Albert" of the Soulless "Cosby Kids".  Back in the Elder Wars, it was Illith.  I would think all Taint is like soda, same general properties but Kethuru Coke is not Illith Pepsi, Muud Dr. Pepper, Zenos RC Cola, Or Crazen Shasta.

[BANNERCODE]
  • It seems like all of the Soulless had one big "power" that was all their own. For Zenos, it was being incorporeal and making thoughtforms. For Kethuru, it was being able to phase in and out of reality. For Muud it was being a giant blob of plague. For Illith it was being giant and a super-powerful psychic. And for Crazen, apparently it's mind control.
  • Iytha, you're making them sound like Power Rangers...Five of 'em...

Okay, it's definately time for me to go to bed.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • You know you want to see the Soulless Megazord.
  • More like Captain Devourer.

I guess that's Magnora.

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, and so forth.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I had just been reading through old events posts, and came across the one in which Gaudiguch and Hallifax discover their return has caused a time anomaly, crimson dominators pour out of a rift in Balach, and the long-lost MRI and Illuminati guilds return to seal the rift.

So the end of the Time Dame diary didn't seem (to me) like a twist so much as a cool link to that event.

And...this event was -before- the Gnafia/Rings of the Aetherkings event. Long term planning...

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That event was notable to me for two things: 

1) So many dominators appeared in that room at once that it crashed practically everyone there.

2) The npc that had been animated told a Hallifaxian who was RPing being a time traveler from the far future (quite annoyingly) that he was utterly crazy and should be committed, making everyone's day
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Was kinda disappointed that the Goloths were just super-dominators, and not mind-controlled Vernals...and then, Shanth more than made up for it.

Shanth is frikkin awesome. It doesn't say this directly, but it looks like a got a whole lot of the sightless to build a fake village just to lure Crazen in, organised for the Order of Shallach to attack to make it look like it was a frontal-assault trap, and then led Crazen on a Radagast-esque chase until he fell into the real trap.