Talthos village quest

edited December 2014 in Common Grounds
So, I'm trying to do the Talthos villlage quest, but I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what.

For example, I get the clues:

<quote>
Klu'athic Adom says, "Allowing the convergence of the vibrations of either an equalizing resonator or a temporal resonator and the Cluster of Equalized Void Symmetry would lead to complete disaster, with the current energy patterns."

Klu'athic Adom says, "An equalizing resonator should ensure it goes no where near the Cluster of Orderly Alignment."

Klu'athic Adom says, "Given the flow of energy and the latest productions, one would be entirely unsurprised if our gemstone production was focused towards utilizing a flux vibration resonator with the Cluster of Aesthetic Supremacy."

Klu'athic Adom says, "The Cluster of Arcane Reconstitution and an equalizing resonator would be completely disastrous together at this point, as it would be with a harmonic convergence resonator."
</quote>

So this should mean that that the Harmonic Accordance should get the equalizing resonator, right? However:

<quote>
Chamber of harmonic accordance.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Pale sapphires and spotted turquoise twist about milky opals to form the Cluster of Harmonic Accordance.
You see exits leading north and southwest.

drop 75512
You drop an equalizing resonator.

The Cluster of Harmonic Accordance positively hums as it syncs with an equalizing resonator's frequency.

A soothing flow of energy emanates from the Centre for Harmonic Vibrations and Supersaturation of Crystal Conceptions, filling the air with a droning, almost comforting buzz.

A loud cracking noise emits from the central dome of the Village of Talthos, the harmonic energies dying out in a sudden and short wave of wild, unpredictable disharmonic energy.
The disharmonic wave of energy smashes against you, ripping away at the very core of your being.
</quote>

Am I just reading the clues wrong or am I missing something else to the quest (such as an order that the things have to be dropped/put in)?

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited December 2014
    I believe he said:

Klu'athic Adom says, "Given the flow of energy and the latest productions, one would be entirely unsurprised if our gemstone production was focused towards utilizing a flux vibration resonator with the Cluster of Aesthetic Supremacy."

That, to me, sounds like "put the flux vibration resonator there". I could, of course, be wrong and looking at it in a bit too straight-forward fashion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Elanorwen said:
    I believe he said:

Yes, which means it can't be the equalizing resonator.
  • So, on a next reset, I decided to try someone that should have worked. I also thought maybe I'm not putting things in fast enough.  (And I don't know why I can't make quote boxes for things).

Clues:

Klu'athic Adom says, "A diamond seed would likely harmonize best with a flux vibration resonator, given the current environmental status."

doing things:

You drop a flux vibration resonator.

The Cluster of Aesthetic Supremacy positively hums as it syncs with a flux vibration resonator's frequency.

A soothing flow of energy emanates from the Centre for Harmonic Vibrations and Supersaturation of Crystal Conceptions, filling the air with a droning, almost comforting buzz.

put 64013 into cluster
    You put a diamond seed into the Cluster of Aesthetic Supremacy.

The Cluster of Aesthetic Supremacy shimmers as a diamond seed sinks through the crystals and into its core.

A loud cracking noise emits from the central dome of the Village of Talthos, the harmonic energies dying out in a sudden and short wave of wild, unpredictable disharmonic energy.
    The disharmonic wave of energy smashes against you, ripping away at the very core of your being.
    7344h, 7870m, 7200e, 10p Belrxk (xhspfwb) (-65000exp)<17:23:57.854>

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

I think whoever wrote this wrote it funny, and what the guy actually means is that you shouldn't use the resonator on that cluster.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Aren't all village quests filled with liars? Having not done talthos ever, I'd guess you'd want two people in agreement before doing anything.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kalnid said:
    Aren't all village quests filled with liars? Having not done talthos ever, I'd guess you'd want two people in agreement before doing anything.
    Only one person gives clues for Talthos from what we were able to discover.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I remember reading somewhere (not where) that you'll always have incomplete information on Talthos, too. Assuming that is accurate you could very well need two agreeing clues to be sure of something and simply not get the two even after you have all possible clues.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    The clues are intentionally weirdly phrased, but I'm fairly sure they never conflict with each other in the same cycle. I'm also fairly confident I've managed to get enough clues to solve the logic problem properly (no guesswork at all). It takes some luck and a boatload of rockeaters, but I was definitely able to fill out my chart.

That said, that quest has borked on me enough times that I've given up trying it even though it's a pretty easy one for ikon collecting. I think it's still just bugged.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."