Curios and the acquisition

I was wondering if there was a compiled list of where the various curio pieces can be obtained? For example...

Mouldy Cheese: Dropped from vermin
Somerandomcurio: Reward from somerandomquest

If not, that's cool...

Comments

• Vernal, Soulless and Waystation collections are from quests. I think the Forsaken and Ice Angel collections may be also?

All the rest you will either get through rubbing, or by buying piece packs at the artifact shop for credits. Except travel curio bits which cost (a ton of) gold.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Vernal, Soulless and Waystation collections are from quests. I think the Forsaken and Ice Angel collections may be also?

All the rest you will either get through rubbing, or by buying piece packs at the artifact shop for credits. Except travel curio bits which cost (a ton of) gold.
    Rubbing?
  • Rialorm said:
    Vernal, Soulless and Waystation collections are from quests. I think the Forsaken and Ice Angel collections may be also?

They are.
  • Vidisidus said:
    Rialorm said:

Rubbing?
    Curio and Curios are the commands you want to look at.

You can rub curios for a chance they'll change into another curio or a very small amount of gold. Off the top of my head the chance for gold seems about 25% or higher, meaning high enough to be a large risk.

Rubbing curios will not yield a quest curio with the exception if it is already a quest curio.

Rare curios will rub for another rare or split into two curios. Rares will not rub from rare into gold.

Rubbing vermin or waystation curios may be worth it, generally rubbing the others will almost always be a bad idea (given you can trade or sell them generally with better results than rubbing).
  • Steingrim said:
    Vidisidus said:
    Rialorm said:

Rubbing?
    Curio and Curios are the commands you want to look at.

You can rub curios for a chance they'll change into another curio or a very small amount of gold. Off the top of my head the chance for gold seems about 25% or higher, meaning high enough to be a large risk.

Rubbing curios will not yield a quest curio with the exception if it is already a quest curio.

Rare curios will rub for another rare or split into two curios. Rares will not rub from rare into gold.

Rubbing vermin or waystation curios may be worth it, generally rubbing the others will almost always be a bad idea (given you can trade or sell them generally with better results than rubbing).
    Must have missed that part in HELP CURIOS, which is a confusing complex help file as it is. Thanks for your help!
  • Yeah, Help Curios file isn' all that helpful at the moment.
    What does a completed Mouldy CHeese Curio do?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Rogziel said:
    Yeah, Help Curios file isn' all that helpful at the moment.
    It will let you do a perfectfourth in a room, once every (I believe) Lusternian day.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:

Rogziel said:
    Yeah, Help Curios file isn' all that helpful at the moment.
    It will let you do a perfectfourth in a room, once every (I believe) Lusternian day.
    Defense:

You have cheese breath, attracting vermin.

Some might read your message and think you meant it effected on room. I believe the effect lasts a Lusternian day and is useable once a Lusternian month.

@Rogziel before you ask, you can have more than one of the curio and if so can use each that month. Also, I haven't looked at the help, but like many systems curios have changed a bit over time and it would be possible the help wasn't updated. But even if it was, things like percentage for gold aren't normally part of help files.
  • To be clear, I wasn't complaining about the gold bit, nor do I care about that(I was looking for a way to list all of the curios I had, I've found that..CURIOUS ALL I believe I as missing the S, something like that.....). 

• Rogziel said:
    To be clear, I wasn't complaining about the gold bit, nor do I care about that(I was looking for a way to list all of the curios I had, I've found that..CURIOUS ALL I believe I as missing the S, something like that.....). 

I believe that was also added after the original help, which may or may not have been later updated. If you see something glaringly missing you could probably typo it. Make sure you include the name of the help file, people tend to forget that.