Where to go..

How do you know where to go exactly if you want to go to a city or village or any other place since there is a limited "auto-travel command" here?
Do you consult the maps in the webiste?

Comments

• I use the Mudlet mapper. Has a few aliases to find rooms and such. Handy links to autowalk to places. I think it installs with Mudlet as default these days?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I probably did in the beginning, yes. After a while you start to get a feel for the geography though, at least generally enough so that you know which exits to take. Of course, I'd be hopelessly lost without my client map, although it doesn't have an auto-walk feature (yet).
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    There is also an ability in Environment called Scouting that lets you SCOUT, leading to an output like...

You scout around for nearby areas and see:
       The Transcendental Fulcrux roughly up and north.
       The Kiakodan Nature Reserve roughly up and north-northeast.
       Avechna's Teeth roughly up and north.
       Newton Caverns roughly up and northeast.
       Ackleberry Highway roughly down and south-southwest.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The big, detailed map on the website was my go to for a long long time. It helped put in perspective where things were in relation to my org, and soon I got a good feel for where things were. I recommend -not- using an auto walker to get around, I've seen plenty of people who have played for a long time completely lost without their map, but walking manually (and using the in game map when moving, always) really helps! Like I know without being in game that if I go out the north gate of Magnagora I'll come across Acknor at a west exit first, a bit further down the road on the east side is Estelbar. Out the east gate and through the blasted lands, well that road if I go a bit south is right near Angkrag, head to the north and I go past the Presidio, the asylum and Hallifax and then to snow valley (and the entrance to another village)...and so forth! Exploring is highly recommended.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Caffrey's giant map. I still have it. Still use it. Started editing it a bit, but...it's a lot of work to update it now...

• yeah exploring is ok but if you don't know where precisely to go (and if you are newbie)...well,it can be really dangerous. I tried it but always end up to go to the wrong place lol
  • Glance is your friend. Also survey.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • oh forgot about those commands,thanks.
    Usually are other players that alert me when I'm on the wrong place
  • Yeah, ask others in your org to help you around a bit. Some of the won't remember where a good spot for you is but someone should have some clue..

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: