Wildewood Released!

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• It's been about fifteen minutes already. Where's my list of new skills?! *halo*

No, but seriously. Get it up soon. I'm excited to see what Wildewood'll be like.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• Kiradawea said:
    It's been about fifteen minutes already. Where's my list of new skills?! *halo*

No, but seriously. Get it up soon. I'm excited to see what Wildewood'll be like.
    @Viynain Get on that then, chop chop. [ <3 ]

Incidentally help Wildewood [the race] does already exist. They are trees, impossible ambulatory trees.

WELCOME ENTS

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited January 2013
    The disadvantages seem a bit harsh...

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that the transformation message is really well written. 
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Share! Share! Share! I'm excited.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The disads do seem quite harsh for the benefits!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2013
    Oh, just realised, changing would lose me 5 charisma...and influence is what Qistrel does, so changing wouldn't be very realistic. I'd like to be a tree, but trees don't do influence well...

EDIT: Should Dain be able to teach Wildewood? He can teach it, but I thought it was only Wisdom who was supposed to be able to teach it.

• BTW, I overheard someone complaining that they couldn't take the wildewood skill and be the race of their choice. The ENTIRE skillset revolves around the idea of you being a tree (i.e., growing flowers, branches, storing sap in your trunk, etc.). While this is a fantasy game, some things are just beyond the stretch of imagination!
    edited January 2013
    The concept is great! Being a druid that is actually a tree is cool. It's just the charisma that I don't like. :D

• BTW, I love that @Estarra is making forums posts for events that happen in the game. 
  • Has someone got logs of the event?
  • Treehug is brilliant.
    Why no starleaf flowers? :(

• Qistrel said:

Why no starleaf flowers? :(

Because starleafs went extinct a long, long time ago.

Haven't you seen Land Before Time?!
    There are some of them in the Ethereal Serenwilde. That's where we go our name. :P

• A landscape of dancing stars.

The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. There is a light drizzle of rain. Young, yet tall trees of star-shaped leaves spread their branches high into the heavens, reaching towards the star-touched morning sky as though trying to add their own leaves to those points of light so far away. Gentle spring gusts rustle the broad leaves in a whispering caress that can almost be understood, twisting and turning them in shifting flashes of silver and green. The dance of the leaves gives sharply contrasting highlights to the shadows beneath them and presents a landscape that jumps and frolics with every breeze.

• Deep within the ethereal spring forest.

The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. There is a light drizzle of rain. Glittering with latent energy, the leaves of the young trees overhead practically glow with the green of new growth. A soft, warm breeze sweeps through their branches and causes the star-shaped leaves to dance in flickering green and silver, casting a constantly shifting checkerboard of shadow across the flowered ground. Orchid petals drift upwards, not resembling the flowers on the ground in the slightest and tastefully ignoring the breeze, then fade out of existance as they pass the canopy of the young trees

A star among verdant stars.

The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. There is a light drizzle of rain. Several moss-free rocks lie in a distinct shape reminiscent of a large star, undoubtedly placed here long ago by some intelligent hand. Young, star-leaved trees provide an interesting counterpoint to the rocks, circling each as though worshipping that point of the formation. The other growth of the forest seems to keep a light buffer between themselves and this area, almost in reverance, with even the flowers still a few hands away from the star. Luminous beams of morning light filter in from above and spotlight each group of the young guardian trees.

Among a grove of young, mixed trees.

There is a light drizzle of rain. A medley of young trees sway and dance, their leaves, flowers, and boughs fluidly shifting in and out of existance. Fruit trees heavy with clouds of flowers mix with shimmering, thin, star-leaved saplings and flirt with the ambient morning light that defiantly ignores the state of the skies above. A gentle breeze drifts through and carries the petals and scent of the flowers with it to spread through the rest of the forest. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here.

Forest meadow of spring and silver.

The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. There is a light drizzle of rain. Home to creeping vines of crystal, feathery ferns, and tiny, star-like flowers, this small meadow within the spring woods is almost constantly shadowed from above. The surrounding young forest, blossoming with life, throws dancing shadows over the edges of the meadow. Most of the shade, however, comes from a wide bough of the immeasurable Moonhart Mother which stretches out far overhead and rains down a mist of silver.

It's like the whole spring circle from the looks of it.
    edited January 2013
    @Saran can now be an actual starleaf tree, which I'm pretty sure makes him the best Starleaf ever.

Also, people need to copy the wickerbough elders of Lorwyn and hang scarecrows in their branches. Because scarecrows 'make fine hats'.

Wildewoods are awesome. B-)

• edited January 2013

Qistrel said:
    @Saran can now be an actual starleaf tree, which I'm pretty sure makes him the best Starleaf ever.

Also, people need to copy the wickerbough elders of Lorwyn and hang scarecrows in their branches. Because scarecrows 'make fine hats'.

Wildewoods are awesome. B-)

I'm fussing over it, trying to decide what colour the bark should be and all that.

edit:
    Description done