Tattoo locations questions

I have a few questions regarding tattoos and their locations

1) If I were to say something like "Inked along the person's side ...." what location should this use? Chest, gut, or something else?

2) From this, where does 'gut' begin/end and where does 'waist' begin/end?

3) Although I suspect the answer is more of 'because magic' answer, do tattoos have to make sense for their weight - the chest is half the size of a back, they both have the same weight. could I just go something like "completely filling the chest region...' in a design, even if the area could hold more than one tattoo despite a design saying it takes up the space completely?

Best Answer

Answers

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In general, I consider 'waist' tattoos to be in the belt area in that kind of ring shape, 'gut' tattoos everything from the groin to the bottom of the ribcage. So, were I you, I'd use waist for that kind of tattoo.
  • Enyalida said:
    In general, I consider 'waist' tattoos to be in the belt area in that kind of ring shape, 'gut' tattoos everything from the groin to the bottom of the ribcage. So, were I you, I'd use waist for that kind of tattoo.
    Use waist for a tattoo on the side? Do you mean something not waist? When I said side, I meant on the side of the torso, I would think waist would be a bit too low?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2015
    The only thing we tattooists ask is that when you make a tattoo, please don't make it some small cutesy tattoo that'd gonna take 20 to fill the area. Yes, a little cow hoof print is adorable. No, I don't want to have to put 20 of them on my chest to complete a power, lol.

Something to consider is that the amount of tints /= the size of the tattoo. If you want a small rainbow butterfly on your back, by all means make it a 100 weight tattoo. It doesn't mean you have to describe it as being the size of a dinner plate ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2015
    Well, a person's waist is about on level with their bellybutton (going all the way around the body), not around the hips!

Honestly, @Shaddus is correct, it's pretty subjective. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    The only thing we tattooists ask is that when you make a tattoo, please don't make it some small cutesy tattoo that'd gonna take 20 to fill the area. Yes, a little cow hoof print is adorable. No, I don't want to have to put 20 of them on my chest to complete a power, lol. Something to consider is that the amount of tints /= the size of the tattoo. If you want a small rainbow butterfly on your back, by all means make it a 100 weight tattoo. It doesn't mean you have to describe it as being the size of a dinner plate ;)
    And don't make a back/chest tattoo with more than 100 weight like I ran into earlier today while trying to get something replaced following an experiment.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    The only thing we tattooists ask is that when you make a tattoo, please don't make it some small cutesy tattoo that'd gonna take 20 to fill the area. Yes, a little cow hoof print is adorable. No, I don't want to have to put 20 of them on my chest to complete a power, lol. Something to consider is that the amount of tints /= the size of the tattoo. If you want a small rainbow butterfly on your back, by all means make it a 100 weight tattoo. It doesn't mean you have to describe it as being the size of a dinner plate ;)
    And don't make a back/chest tattoo with more than 100 weight like I ran into earlier today while trying to get something replaced following an experiment.
    You can make things with more than 100 weight? I thought weight was capped there?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    For some reason you can design them, and they get approved you just can't actually...tattoo them onto people. Because the point at which it says no is when you try to tattoo a power with more than 100 weight. Unless its possible to ink a tattoo with no powers? Though I am unsure why you would want to do that.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2015
    After tattoos were initially released, we had all sorts of issues. One was that they were first designed where you had to preset the power when you designed the tattoo and submitted it. Another was that people really didn't understand how weight worked, and many didn't understand how much weight body parts could hold. They found out that the back had 200 weight, but didn't understand that the back technically had 2x100 weight.

So yeah.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2015
    There was a lot of trouble with tattoos, yeah. It went through a quick redesign some short time after its public release, due to a certain amount of outrcry, and there were some lingering issues from that rejiggering - stuff that used to make sense but didn't anymore necessarily, but was never patched because it wasn't really a big deal.

You could get it as an aethetic thing, I guess?