Adushoc zi'Prouep Meets Tokota Snowmane

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Tokota Snowmane cants his head toward Everiine, offering him a warm smile. "Centaur Brother," he remarks.

Everiine smiles warmly in return.

Adushoc zi'Prouep takes a few short steps toward Tokota. "The High Wisdom and the Chief suggested a possible dialogue between yourself and I. A collaborative discussion regarding the practice of stargazing and astrology," she explains, her body taking on a green hue.

Inclining to @Enadonella, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "The High Wisdom has been interested in me being more present with the rest of the forest."

Tokota Snowmane purses his lips and nods.

Tokota Snowmane says, "I see."

Enadonella raises an athame dagger up and makes a circle in the air. A radiant torc forms from the ether and settles around her neck.

To Enadonella, Tokota Snowmane says, "High Wisdom, do you believe that my people's practices would be comparable to astrology?"

Everiine runs a hand through his feathered crest.

Gently, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel says to Tokota Snowmane, "Not having studied much of either, I hope my assumption is not offensive to either o f you."

Together, both Tokota Snowmane and Adushoc zi'Prouep respond, "It is not."

You chuckle long and heartily.

With a soft snort, Tokota Snowmane says, "I have not had much knowledge of astrology to be fair." Again, the centaur purses his lips as he focuses upon Adushoc. The lucidian nods, her colouration shifting from green to blue."

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "And the same for me and stargazing." Pausing for a moment, the woman continues, "Perhaps it would be more appropriate to speak in private? Now that the formal introductions have concluded?"

Tokota Snowmane nods his head at Adushoc zi'Prouep.

Enadonella nods her head at Adushoc zi'Prouep, showing her acceptance.

Trotting over to Adushoc, Tokota Snowmane says, "Let us go then, Adushoc of the Moon Coven."

Tokota Snowmane begins to follow Adushoc zi'Prouep.

Adushoc zi'Prouep searches the air in front of her, then tugs upon an invisible strand of force.

Adushoc zi'Prouep turns translucent and then vanishes, leaving behind a cloud of sparkling motes of light.

(travel travel travel)

Moon's Spire.
Interlaced between the large branches and lush leaves of this observatory are the horns of astral bulls, the entire area left open to be graced by moonlight. Several other horns have been carefully carved in such a way that they may lock into place with no other tools required, forming the gleaming floor as well as three textured pillars, strategically placed around an altar of vine laced ivory. Twelve more horns hang from the branches by silvery vines, an image of each astrological sign carved deeply into their surfaces. The crystalline ceiling curves up into a sharp point, reaching high into the sky above the rest of the Moondance Tower. Beams of light passing through the crystal of the spire split into many small rainbows, filling the sky with half-seen images and colours, causing a panoply of beautiful patterns across the trees and plants within. A circular brass astrolabe stands here atop a pedestal, inscribed with a ring of degree markings. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Adushoc zi'Prouep stands here with emerald robe flowing about her crystalline form. The centaur elder, Tokota Snowmane, gazes at the sky, looking for omens. Hackles risen, a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. A silver, portly pony with feathered wings stands here quietly. A statuesque, urn-bearing ice nymph drifts here, fierce countenance alertly scanning the area.
You see a single exit leading out.

Explaining, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "You see, astrology is very much a science. The stars, the planets, though they have symbolic meaning, in fact generate their own energy." The lucidian's form glows a subtle shade of pink, a clear sign of her devotion to stars. "Does that enmesh--" At Enadonella's response, she shakes her head. "No need for apologies, High Wisdom."

Nodding in comprehension, Tokota Snowmane says, "Then that is perhaps the point of distinction. Stargazing, our chosen practice of augury, is symbolic in nature."

Showing that she understands, Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head slowly.

Everiine nods as well and folds his arms over his chest.

Adushoc zi'Prouep draws in her cheeks as she calculates in her head.

Calmly, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Then I wonder whether there is any specific enmeshing of our two traditions. Other than the fact that we both utilize the stars."

Adushoc zi'Prouep takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of her face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

Tokota Snowmane snorts a chuckle. "Regardless, I believe, as you said, the High Wisdom's other desire was for you to engage with the rest of the Seren? Seeing as you..." Here, the centaur glances about, his green eyes alighting upon the walls and ceiling above. "... as you are rather self-contained."

A wry smile spreads across Tokota Snowmane's face.

Adushoc zi'Prouep glances about, her body turning a hazy shade of grey.

You ask, "I know little of star gazing, only what the Elder has taught me, and I know even less about astrology. Are both used to predict future events?"

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel looks thoughtful and says to you, "That was one of two similarities that I had concluded also. The other being that they look to the stars for those answers."

Adushoc zi'Prouep focuses upon Everiine, her amber eyes watching him as she nods. "In some instances. It is hypothesized that during certain events the celestial bodies and the stars..." Adushoc pauses for a moment to think.

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Reverberate particular energies that can be more accounted for. This energy is what is often used to 'foretell' future events."

Showing that he understands, Tokota Snowmane nods his head slowly.

You nod your head emphatically.

His hooves clicking below him, Tokota Snowmane says, "Perhaps there is some connection - for stargazing senses symbolic events. The dimming of a star is a bad omen, for instance."

Glancing to the astrolabe, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel asks Tokota Snowmane, "Do you have...such tools in which you use to stargaze?"

Almost as if she were attempting to correct Tokota's response, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "The dimming of a star is its releasing of sidereal energy."

Most curious, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel asks Adushoc zi'Prouep, "Do you perceive sidereal energy to bring negative effects into play when released?"

Tokota Snowmane snorts softly at Adushoc before he turns his attention to Enadonella. "No, there are no tools that we use." With that, Tokota nods his head, adding, "Save for our eyes, of course."

Adushoc zi'Prouep flickers curious shades of light green, her head tilting slightly.

Looking up at the centaur, you say, "And there are few eyes as well trained and as far seeing as the Elder here."

Speculatively, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "An excess of sidereal energy can lead to negative effects, yes. The material body is unable to absorb an extreme amount."

Tokota Snowmane smiles softly at you.

To Everiine, Tokota Snowmane says, "Thank you, Brother. It is quite a process: training to stargaze."

Adushoc zi'Prouep asks, "Is it a long endeavour, then? Education of this 'art'?"

You nod your head at Tokota Snowmane.

Contemplating for a moment, Tokota Snowmane says, "It is. The old tradition is one is selected to study the art of stargazing." He tilts his head to both Enadonella and Everiine, as if to include them. "The first child of the herd-elder would be gifted to the gazer for training. An apprenticeship."

Showing that she understands, Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head slowly.

Processing that information, you say, "Huh. I did not know that."

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "But that is not the case now...?"

Enadonella says quietly, still inspecting the astrolabe, "I would expect it to be as challenging and as rewarding as your science Adushoc." Listening to Tokota she smiles and says, "A great pleasure, teaching that which we love."

Giving Adushoc a grin, Tokota Snowmane says, "Since the Great Migration from Gloriana to Serenwilde, this has not been the case. We sought it fit to educate more liberally."

With a twinkle in his eyes, you say to Tokota Snowmane, "I wonder if one could even quiet Toma, Laka, or Kota long enough to teach them such an intense art."

Adushoc zi'Prouep nods at Enadonella. "Certainly. As I understand of old Hallifaxian protocol, similar educational practices began in infancy as well," she explains.

Tokota Snowmane utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Everiine nods at Adushoc, as if he has had a revelation confirmed.

Tokota Snowmane says, "I imagine that that would be an impossible task."

Adushoc zi'Prouep erratically pulsates in hues of ruby, emerald and sapphire.

Questioningly, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Who are Toma, Laka, or Kota?"

You smile broadly and say to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "Three very rowdy, playful colts."

Adushoc zi'Prouep gives a short, precise nod.

Explaining to Adushoc, Tokota Snowmane says, "They are the children of Poloma Truehoof, another resident of the forest."

Dawning colours spread through Adushoc zi'Prouep's body as she says, "Perhaps I will take the time to visit her someday soon."

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel smiles and says to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "Her colts are most mischievous. I would be only to happy to take you to visit with Poloma when you are of a mind to visit."

Nodding, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Thank you, High Wisdom."

Adushoc zi'Prouep appears to puff up slightly as her entire body glows a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

You say, "But do not mind the colts. They will wish to play, and jump, and start a game of tag. A game that they will most certainly win."

You chuckle long and heartily.

Enadonella's eyes sparkle with amusement at you.

Tokota Snowmane chuckles long and heartily.

You ask, "Perhaps it would be helpful if Adushoc gave us a demonstration of the astrolabe, and her science?"

Adushoc zi'Prouep pauses for a moment, nodding once, and then glances skyward. Riotous colours swirl within her, and when Everiine mentions her name, she allows her gaze to alight upon him.

Nodding at Everiine, Tokota Snowmane says, "That would be most illustrative."

Adushoc zi'Prouep takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of her face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

Adushoc zi'Prouep beckons to Tokota who promptly trots closer, leading the centaur toward the astrolabe. "This is the astrolabe," she explains, almost with the drone of recitation. "It is able to most clearly focus our eyes upon the stars - to inspect their position in reference to star charts."

Confused, Tokota Snowmane says, "Star charts?"

Enadonella gratefully smiles at you. Listening intently she moves to better see the Astrolabe, but stands far enough away so as not be in the way.

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Yes." The lucidian nods shortly. "Star charts. I have been using star charts kept by my family, comparing contemporary positionalities with those during the era of the Empire." With a point to the astrolabe, the woman continues. "You look through there."

Still confused, Tokota Snowmane nods either way, forcing his front two legs to kneel so he could peer through the astrolabe.

With sudden exclamation, Tokota Snowmane exclaims, "You can see the stars even through the daytime!"

Everiine Silvermoon stands next to Enadonella, watching the demonstration and whispering to her.

Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head emphatically.

You tell High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel, "Crisis averted, I hope? Hehe."

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "The benefits of the astrolabe is that it has lenses of various colours and densities. It drowns out various light emitting from te sun or other stars."

Tokota Snowmane pulls himself away. To Everiine, the centaur speaks: "Have you seen within this thing, Brother? It is rather remarkable."

Adushoc zi'Prouep appears to puff up slightly as her entire body glows a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Returning to the demonstration, you say, "Hmm? No, I do not believe that I have peered through an astrolabe before."

Enadonella tells you, "I believe so."

Tokota Snowmane draws back even further, gesturing at Everiine to come and see. Adushoc nods, offering a similar gesture from her vantage point.

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "You may see if you wish."

Everiine approaches the device and, hoping he's doing it correctly, takes a look inside.

Within, you see various bulbs of light - stars - that flicker and shine. They are many in number, filling the sky. It is clear that the astrolabe has been adjusted to filter out sunlight.

In a hushed, amazed voice, you say, "Huh... I did not know such a thing was possible."

Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "It is very possible. Such is the craftsmanship of the astrolabe."

Adushoc zi'Prouep peers at the brass contraption. "I have been debating on purchasing a new one, or at least, a second," she remarks.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel smiles broadly and says to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "I may be able to be of some assistance in that regard."

Softly smiling, Tokota Snowmane says, "If you ever get a second, we can observe the skies simultaneously. Educate ourselves on our respective arts."

To Enadonella, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Perhaps we will first add more to the Spire before then. But I have yet to decide if it is necessary."

Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head at Enadonella.

You say, "I look forward to seeing Tokota demonstrate his art, as well. Without written chart or table, entirely from memory, he observes and remembers the positions and states of the stars, and interprets them according to the tradition of his ancestors."

Enadonella looks at Tokota Snowmane hopefully.

Adushoc zi'Prouep stares at the centaur. "That is quite a memory," she states. Tokota, perhaps embarassed, snorts and smiles. "My Brother adds more bravado to my work, but it is true, this is what my long study with Hnueho Swifthoof gifted me," he explains.

Tokota Snowmane says, "A demonstration may be in order, perhaps during the Moon Gathering in the coming months?"

Calmly, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "I was not considering in attending. Calculations are important in order to ensure that the stars are not giving off exceeding levels of energy."

You say to Tokota Snowmane, "I will have to ask you about Hnueho Swifthoof sometime. I am not familiar with that name."

Enadonella smiles softly at Adushoc zi'Prouep.

Tokota Snowmane nods his head at you.

Trotting over to Everiine, Tokota Snowmane says, "Sometime, someday. Perhaps once the Seals have been restored and we can no longer worry about the Soulless."

Softly, Tokota Snowmane says, "It was a pleasure officially meeting you Adushoc of the Moon Coven. Unfortunately, these old bones grow weary."

Her tone re-collective, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel says to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "Which reminds me, I meant to ask last we spoke. Do you...do you miss your sisters?"

Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head at Tokota Snowmane.

Everiine flutters his wings at the mention of the Soulless. "Aye. Curse the Heralds and the wanton destruction that they represent" he says, spitting on the ground, before apologizing to Adushoc for the mess.

Taking note of Everiine's act, Adushoc zi'Prouep nods and responds. "The sentiment of 'miss' would describe my affective state correctly, High Wisdom. They, however, chose their location - however misguided." The lucidian nods her head at Tokota once again. "Perhaps the High Wisdom will show you out?"

Nodding at Adushoc, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel says, "Of course, it would be my pleasure."

Her head tilted to Tokota, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "It has been welcomed, Tokota Snowmane. We shall have to continue these conversations. Perhaps - as you suggested - at the Moon Gathering."

Tokota Snowmane begins to follow Enadonella.

Gently, High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel says to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "I would be pleased to see you there. Thank you, for your company and time."

Adushoc zi'Prouep nods her head at Enadonella.

Enadonella curtseys gracefully before Adushoc zi'Prouep.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel asks Tokota Snowmane, "Shall we?"

Politely, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "High Wisdom. Chief."

You incline your head politely to Adushoc zi'Prouep.

(travel travel travel)

Enadonella bows respectfully to Tokota Snowmane.

Offering both of you a warm smile, Tokota Snowmane says, "This has been an enlightening time, High Wisdom, Brother."

Bowing respectfully, you say to Tokota Snowmane, "Thank you for agreeing to such a meeting, elder brother. I know that the tribal arts are not always valued as highly by those raised in cities."

Enadonella smiles softly at you.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel smiles and says to you, "Yet, our differences can be made to benefit the collective rather than separate us. I believe we will be able to bring the lesson to all in time."

Tokota Snowmane's tail swishes behind him, sweeping the ground as he nods. "Though I am not certain whether Adushoc's interest in stargazing is at, I would hazard a guess she may found the time valuable too. She is of the forest - has been for a long time. Hopefully, this will allow her to speak more freely."

Acknowledging Enadonella's point to be true, Tokota Snowmane nods his head gravely at her.

You nod your head at Tokota Snowmane.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel smiles and says to Tokota Snowmane, "I sincerely look forward to all that is to come. Your time and company is both appreciated and enjoyed."

Tokota Snowmane nods his head emphatically.

Tokota Snowmane says, "And yours as well, High Wisdom."

Tokota Snowmane says, "I hope to see you both at the Moon Gathering."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say to Tokota Snowmane, "As do I."

Shifting your attention to Tokota Snowmane, you powerfully slam a fist against your own chest in a tribal display of respect.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel says, "Aye. I hope not to miss it."

Enadonella leans close to Tokota Snowmane and gently lays a kiss upon his forehead.

High Wisdom Enadonella, Chosen of Ellindel asks you, "Shall venture to Mother Moonhart?"

You nod your head at Enadonella.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    That's awesome, but what's the context? Is this leading up to something momentous, do you think?

I especially like the part where Enadonella mentions your differences can be made to benefit the Collective. So glad you guys are finally getting it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    From what I remember Enadonella telling me, she was simply interested in learning more about Adushoc, who is the MD astrologer. She brought Ev along, who had never met her. Then, they talked about astrology and how Tokota was a star gazer, so asked if Adushoc would like to meet Tokota. This was that meeting.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Daraius said:
    That's awesome, but what's the context? Is this leading up to something momentous, do you think?

I especially like the part where Enadonella mentions your differences can be made to benefit the Collective. So glad you guys are finally getting it.
    I just love little RP's like this. I chase them. :) Also Ena was always meant to be someone who brings balance/peace. A mediator of sorts. It was lost when I decided to get involved with combat. I have been focusing on binging her RP back to its original purpose lately though. :)
  • Also...as a side note. I'd love to have Adushoc visit her sisters. But that is probably going to require all sorts of crazy. ;)
    Are they in Hallifax?
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Don't know if there's one in Hallifax, but I think when Astrology came out, each forest and city got an astrologer sister.

edited January 2015
    Well we definitely have some zi'Prouep scientists. But there's no telling how anybody's related. Lukun Shevat calls me cousin, for instance
    I used to make cakes.

• Yeah, sisters should be referring to the three lucidians hanging out with SDs, nihilists, and celestians. Arranging visits might be problematic.
  • Kalnid said:
    Yeah, sisters should be referring to the three lucidians hanging out with SDs, nihilists, and celestians. Arranging visits might be problematic.

I know right. I am going to have to either obtain amnesty or have my status removed from Mag/Glom. It will be worth it though. :) Who knows, Ena might become an astrologist? Magnagora let me in! Hehehe.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kalnid said:
    Yeah, sisters should be referring to the three lucidians hanging out with SDs, nihilists, and celestians. Arranging visits might be problematic.

I know right. I am going to have to either obtain amnesty or have my status removed from Mag/Glom. It will be worth it though. :) Who knows, Ena might become an astrologist? Magnagora let me in! Hehehe.
    As a frequent and regular raider, your chances are pretty slim!

• As a frequent and regular raider, your chances are pretty slim!

But...but...I want it. *sniffle* I think, we can work something out. I'm not holding my breath though. Also I have to get the sisters -wanting- to reunite.
  • Perhaps a meeting in a neutral location, like the Cave of Knowledge, Avechna's Peak, or Roark, Darvallen or Drucilla's Fulcruxes?
  • Aerotan said:
    Perhaps a meeting in a neutral location, like the Cave of Knowledge, Avechna's Peak, or Roark, Darvallen or Drucilla's Fulcruxes?
    I considered this, but I prefer the challenge. :)