Why the Sea and Sky Are Blue, as told by Isune

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
Turnus and Zyphora visited Lady Isune in Her fulcrux, requesting a story. After Turnus retold the founding of the Serenguard, Lady Isune gifted us with the story of how the sea and sky received their colours. @Neos and @Meliana, you might find this one interesting!

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "Back when the world was 
new, and I Myself new within it, the Fourth Circle delighted in painting and sculpting its beauty. 
All the earth was Our canvas, and yet Trillillial and I sought to paint the ever-daunting canvas of 
the sky. I was full of ambition then, eager to adorn the world with every colour at My fingertips. 
How to pick a single colour? My sister and I simply could not do such a thing."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "Ahh, a question if I can 
interrupt without getting smote?"

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "You may ask a question, 
but I do not promise any particular consequence or lack thereof."

Turnus Windwhisper takes a step closer to you, just in case that might offer some protection.

You have emoted: Zyphora Windwhisper glances at Turnus with amusement.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "Did the colors actually exist 
before You drew with them, or did You invent them for the first time?"

Sparks of colour twirl about the caldera's rim with faint amusement.

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "The sensation of colour 
certainly existed, My dear, but to say it existed is to say that colour could be perceived, though 
it was not necessarily enjoyed. The Fourth brought joy into the vision of the world - a new 
vividness, a brightness that it lacked prior."

Turnus nods his head emphatically.

You look thoughtful and say, "Interesting."

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "As I soared across the 
firmament one day, I noticed another young Goddess beneath Me, just as delighted by Her work as I 
was with My own. I called down to Her, and grinning, She looked up to see Me as My sister and I 
began to paint the sky a light blue. "You are copying Me," the strange Goddess said, and I saw then 
what She was focused upon: an expanse of ocean water below, blue as blue could be."

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "You will recognize this 
Goddess now as Lady Carakhan of New Celest."

The corners of Turnus's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "To this accusation, I 
waved a hand. "Nonsense," I said, "it is You who is copying Us!" Trillillial laughed and nodded in 
assent, and Carakhan, ever wild and free, proclaimed, "Ridiculous! I shall prove it, then, for by 
the time I am finished with this sea, all shall know that Your unfinished sky merely mirrors its 
surface!"

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "Naturally, Trillillial and 
I launched into the sky as Carakhan dove across the ocean's waters. The race was on."

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "In truth, I cannot say 
that Trillillial and I ever intended to use *quite* so much blue in Our design of the sky, but the 
prospect of defeating Carakhan was too tempting to resist."

"Heh heh heh" Turnus chuckles.

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "How We teased one another 
in Our pursuit, how We laughed at the silliness of Our competition! A great friendship was formed in 
those moments of boundless creativity, a tremendous respect for a Goddess so passionate in Her 
artistry. Alas, We had ever so much fun that We wound up matching one another's pace without 
realizing it, enjoying far too much one another's company to speed up entirely too much to miss it."

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "Who can say whether the 
sky reflects the sea, or the sea the sky? Perhaps We shall never know. Perhaps it doesn't matter, 
after all."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

The corners of Turnus's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

You say, "What a lovely story about the origin of the sea and the sky's colours. Thank You, my Lady, 
for telling it to us."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "But everybody knows the sea 
reflects the sky!"

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "I like your husband, My 
High Scion. You may keep him."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "I mean oh, yes thank You Lady."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "And thank You."

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's awesome!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.