What do you like most of the Wand of Wonder?

2»

Comments

• The artys that always seem to be the most popular are the ones with utility. Scent nose, Pogo, Map, etc. I prefer the damage myself, but that is because I am me.  We have proven time and again we will buy utility things! We loves us some easier life.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:
    I'm thinking in the future, perhaps we could have a Crown of Wonder or Mask of Wonder or Bracers of Wonder, etc.

Could do something with influencing. Not sure about trades--hard to come up with something that isn't too specific to a trade.
    Bracer of Wonder works just like a combination of all of the trade artifacts. Only works for owner.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Estarra said:
    I'm thinking in the future, perhaps we could have a Crown of Wonder or Mask of Wonder or Bracers of Wonder, etc.

Could do something with influencing. Not sure about trades--hard to come up with something that isn't too specific to a trade.
    Bracer of Wonder works just like a combination of all of the trade artifacts. Only works for owner.
    Don't see that happening.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • It's allll about the utility.

You present a pretty shiny new stone of wonders, and people will flock.

Remember, as much as the collectors of the game love to increase their collection, they wont buy something that's pointless (Like the marionettes (no offense!)). Utility is the way to go, HOWEVER always take combat into perspective. Combatants are always looking for an edge and anything newly presented will be considered in every way possible of how it could be of use to them (such as the recent portals via the wand. Good we nipped that in the bud quickly).

I have some ideas if you are still accepting them.
  • Rivius said:
    Surprised by the votes here. I think having all damage types in an artifact that eventually surpasses whips is quite neat.
    I think people were complaining about the eq time being slower than whips. My favourite thing about the wand is access to utility abilities that I would never have. I also like never having to worry about deathsight decaying. If each new wonder item had a permanent spell that would rock.
    Oh. Well, that is pretty silly. If it is an attempt to make them on par with whips in some way, just balance them the same way. Longer eq is just really damn annoying. That actually makes me far less interested in them.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Can the utility not be an effect on PvP though.  Trueheal, or even moon - full for free is just dumb. At least keep in mind it deserves the cost enough to have it. Bad enough you could have a trueheal for 8p even if it has some limits, most combo guilds won't inherently stop/prevent this.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to see some city utility skills like hermit or catacombs.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hermit would be pretty awesome. Catacombs would be entirely too powerful for this, imo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.