Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited February 2014

• Celina said:

Can we turn shazbat into an org emote pleeeaaasseee

"Shazbat" isn't a term really exclusive to Glomdoring (albeit most Serens probably aren't so uncouth or crude to use it). I think you can hand-emote it. ;)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Uncouth?  Crude?

You better believe I shouted Shazbat at those dominators when we drove them from the Forest.  Uncouth and crude, indeed.
  • Considering that lots of different people swear, I can see Serens using it!

But yes - since it's not a Glomdoring-exclusive word, the likelihood of it becoming an org-specific emote is very, very slim.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

What if we say it in a wyrden accent.

Sh'azbat

• Celina said:

Sh'azbat

I think you mean Sha'z'bat.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2012
    On a more topic related note, can we make vials not unlink to fluids when the rift empties? Is that even possible? I only have three vials so it makes it weird counting how many fluids each has linked to figure out which one it is.

Iosai: Done!
  • Celina said:

Sh'azbat

That would change the meaning of the word entirely!
  • edited October 2012
    Rather than forcing you to consume a second charge to disable acquisitio, make it voluntarily able to be removed some other way.
  • Did I miss something or isn't Shazbat a phrase from the old Mork and Mindy show--or is it some sort of Commune war caw now?
    [BANNERCODE]
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's a Fae super-curse-word.
  • Rather than forcing you to consume a second charge to disable acquisitio, make it voluntarily able to be removed some other way.
    That'd reduce the amount of charges sold!
  • But I hate double rubbing. :(
  • edited October 2012
    Embrace the capitalism.

Bringing back an idea from the old thread, can the format of SCRIBE MAGICSCROLL be made work more like letters/vellum and be SCRIBE <quantity> MAGICSCROLL? It creates a base item like the other two do and it would be nice to be able to streamline without [admittedly simple] external scripts.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2012
    Upon having a look at the STAGE commands a little deeper, I was a bit surprised to see that while the culture minister is responsible for submitting plays for the city, they have few other stage privileges,  I think it might be a decent idea for the culture minister to have the same privileges that the bard guild has (ability to access BACKSTAGE commands and the like) - especially since when people want to submit plays the first thing in their mind would be to go to the culture minister rather than going to the bard guild.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Pretty sure that the backstage commands are open to anyone set as a stage manager, not bards. Unless you're referring to different commands that I don't know about? Although the culture minister should definitely default to being a stage manager if he doesn't already.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    This is basically what the Culture Minister has access to:

The following STAGE commands are available:
      STAGE STATUS                        Show the status of this stage
      STAGE LIST [type]                   List productions set up on this stage
      STAGE START <ID|title>              Play back a recorded production
      STAGE PROGRAM [<title>]             Look at a production's program
      STAGE SUBMIT <ID|title>             Submit production for culture

• edited October 2012

You need to be set as a stage manager by the owner of the stage to get the rest of the stage commands.

So like the GM or GA of the relevant bard guild. I think the minister of culture can add people as stage managers too but I'm not certain.

• Just the GA and GM can, but they can give stage manager privileges to anyone, so there's a lot of flexibility.
    Llandros said:

You need to be set as a stage manager by the owner of the stage to get the rest of the stage commands.

So like the GM or GA of the relevant bard guild. I think the minister of culture can add people as stage managers too but I'm not certain.

Nope, definitely can't.  I'm Culture minister in Celest and I have no control over the stage besides submitting plays to the Vesteran stage.

• edited October 2012
    While targetting various denizens and creatures should be difficult, picking up corpses (that someone has dropped on death) is a real pain. Made doubly tedious when I need to stuff said corpses in my nest.

Would it be possible to implement a GET CARRION|CORPSE if you're not picky about the dead things you pick up? And then a CROWSNEST STORE CARRION|CORPSE? We can already OFFER CORPSES at shrines.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2012
    Just a really simple thing, I was wondering if we could use our beast minor breath when bashing! Maybe even adjust the damage output so it's different in PvE than it is in PvP. It could help with that mix and matching of damage types and also could be nice for a little RP flavour too.

Alternatively, let us train them to have different types of beast attacks.
  • Can designers get some experience for getting a design accepted? Or if every time they have their design used, a small amount of experience is granted as well? It would be an alternative for those who play to design, so they won't exactly lag behind when they are designing and everyone else is hunting.

As for the Iron Realms Extension, would it be possible to expand on that for Lusternia? Allow people to create designs and place them in their cartels without directly being in the game?
  • Sakr said:
    Can designers get some experience for getting a design accepted? Or if every time they have their design used, a small amount of experience is granted as well? It would be an alternative for those who play to design, so they won't exactly lag behind when they are designing and everyone else is hunting.

As for the Iron Realms Extension, would it be possible to expand on that for Lusternia? Allow people to create designs and place them in their cartels without directly being in the game?
    +1 to you getting experience when a design made by you is crafted.
  • Heh. You people have a weird idea of "simple".
  • edited October 2012
    Eventru said:
    Heh. You people have a weird idea of "simple".
    I am not sure if we can tell what is or isn't difficult to code/implement into the game. If we could I am sure this thread would be smaller and less popular.

To quote Dick Tuck: "The people have spoken!"
  • As long as I can get experience harvesting, sure.
  • edited October 2012
    Ssaliss said:
    As long as I can get experience harvesting, sure.
    Maybe for using the ability constructs.. Harvesting already has quite a lot of benefits to the player. Crafting is just as tedious and the process is longer and I can imagine it has little to no benefit besides creating something new for the realms or the player to enjoy.

Edit: Most of this is just off looking at the Herbs ability from the Lusternia Wiki
  • Soraya said:
    Ssaliss said:
    As long as I can get experience harvesting, sure.
    Maybe for using the ability constructs.. Harvesting already has quite a lot of benefits to the player. Crafting is just as tedious and the process is longer and I can imagine it has little to no benefit besides creating something new for the realms or the player to enjoy.

Edit: Most of this is just off looking at the Herbs ability from the Lusternia Wiki
    The point was more that no tradeskill activity generates experience. You don't get experience from harvesting, nor from brewing, nor from sewing clothes or enchanting. Given that, why would you get experience from designing? If it's because it contributes, well, every tradeskill contributes something.

If the idea was to give people gold when a design is used (royalty and whatnot), then I'd be all aboard that. Experience though? That's a different thing.