Simple questions?

Comments

• Cloth. Cloth is the catchall for pretty much anything clothes are made of that isn't silk.
  • Neutral bal work out ok for monk, or should I embrace the squishy for +bal?
  • Depends on the monk type, depends on your level, depends on your buffs/tats, depends on what you want to do.

In short, go for +bal if you're tanky enough through other means. If not, stay a tanky race.

• Picked human just because it seemed a solid race. Hopefully will eventually hit 100 but I'm mid 70s right now, seemed like I'd be better off going Lobo or Aslaran for tanky or speed, but since fights don't seem to happen much judging by the other newbie thread (and that was primarily what got me wondering), I'd probably be fine staying human too.
  • Daraius said:

Cloth or flax comms to represent linen?

it should be flax, but I'm guessing if you look at the pattern you'll need to use mostly cloth or silk.
    Kol said:

Picked human just because it seemed a solid race. Hopefully will eventually hit 100 but I'm mid 70s right now, seemed like I'd be better off going Lobo or Aslaran for tanky or speed, but since fights don't seem to happen much judging by the other newbie thread (and that was primarily what got me wondering), I'd probably be fine staying human too.

You can stay human for the xp bonus and switch after demi. Race probably won't be the deciding factor for you in pk for a good long time.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Are the Asylum mugwumps refugees from the failed Celestine Empire project (Soulforce?) in Balach?

Did the Asylum get caught in thw taint?

• Yes and yes.

Soulforge.
  • Since it was never answered...
    Ssaliss said:

Can you get curio pieces for making wafers? It does use the BAKE command, but it's not recipe-dependant like the other.

• Are manses like bubbles? Where they're little mini planes of existence in aetherspace? (As far as I understand it that's what bubbles are?)

With creating connections between rooms can I go crazy like the continuum or do they have to be normal grid fitting rooms?
  • Ask @Yomoigu about them
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    A quick question about Glomdoring's prophecy quest.  How much can I attempt to have done ahead of time?  Assuming all the things that needed summoned are summoned, and Rowena's part is taken care of, can I gather the two groups needed for the Nai'Dorin well ahead of time, or do they reset after X hours?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aruin said:

Are manses like bubbles? Where they're little mini planes of existence in aetherspace? (As far as I understand it that's what bubbles are?)

With creating connections between rooms can I go crazy like the continuum or do they have to be normal grid fitting rooms?
    They're your own bit of aetherspace to shape as you see fit. You can go wild with your room connections, except I don't think you can create any actual one-way exits.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tarkenton said:

A quick question about Glomdoring's prophecy quest.  How much can I attempt to have done ahead of time?  Assuming all the things that needed summoned are summoned, and Rowena's part is taken care of, can I gather the two groups needed for the Nai'Dorin well ahead of time, or do they reset after X hours?

IIRC, you can summon the two sets of faelings ahead of time (in fact, you basically have to) and WHERE IS THE CROWN whenever. The only part that absolutely must be done on the day is the ritual itself. The ceremony part can be done ahead of time, though the result will reset in an hour, though empowering it refreshes the countdown.
    You can do two of one set, and one of the other, in a single spawn of the needed items.  Second spawn finishes the final ones.  That portion is no problem.  I'm just wondering if I can actually summon the two sets of faelings for the ritual, and just leave them in place until I actually want the item.  And, if so, if I can do it say, 24/48/forever hours ahead of time.  That way, I can justify taking ten minutes or so at work to finish the thing if that's when the new moon window is.
  • Yes, you can "summon" the faeling mystics and ritualists well ahead of time. They will stay in the forest until they are killed or you give them the items to lead them to the ritual. However, once given the item and led to the Ritual room, they will despawn after a while if the Ritual is not done, if this is what you're asknig. Note that I've never actually tried leaving them there before, but afaik that's the case. I might be wrong, and you can always give it a try, and see if they will stay there. If they despawn while waiting for the ritual to be done, then you know you can't pre-prepare them for the ritual in that way. 

I realize in my now rested state that my wording wasn't the clearest. Thanks for the Response lerad, that's what I was going for.
  • Ssaliss said:

Since it was never answered...

Ssaliss said:

Can you get curio pieces for making wafers? It does use the BAKE command, but it's not recipe-dependant like the other.

Seems I found the answer myself:

You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the rift to 11.

You put a piece of coal into a black iron oven.

You light a black iron oven, and work the bellows until the flames burn hotly.

At home in the kitchen, you have no trouble whipping up a wafer of purity dust in the oven.

You quickly mix up the ingredients into a batter, and then bake a loaf of aromatic herb bread in the oven. There is enough for four portions.
    You cry out in joy as you discover the ninth cup of cream curio piece of the Cream Bottle Curio Set hidden behind the oven.

So no, making wafers doesn't trigger the check to create a curio piece.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If I put a shield rune on a crystalweapon, am I stuck with that specific weapon (like an amethyst void blaster or whatever) or can I switch to a different gem/type (say an amethyst scalpel) and have it keep the rune and not reset to the original type?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • You should be able to switch it by recasting the weapon creation.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Anyone have ABs for the -chem/-wood movement delay skills? I'm missing the ones for Aqua, Aero, Wilde, and Wyrden, so if someone could kindly send along the short, long, and AB placement to me, it'd be much appreciated!
    I'll send you Wildewood when I log on next.
  • Wildewood have four? Clumsyness from Gossamer, tripping and bonebreaking from Flowerpower, tripping from Flowering, paralysis from Mossy.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

edited February 2015
    There are actually movement delaying skills that impose a rubble-like delay on the target of the woodchem's skills, added in to "help them hit with their bombs", though they utterly fail to do that, and instead act as an incenviive to never ever use any of the bombs in combat unless someone else is pinning them and you're totally sure they'll kill your target.

Flowering, Gossamer, and Mossy also don't hinder people trying to run away, they only trigger on people attacking the Wildewood with about a 15% chance to fire (With cooldowns, that make it a little more complicated than that). Also, hah Flowerpower. So bad.

EDIT: Also, clumsyness is not a movement slowing effect, unless something has changed.
  • How did so many people obtain hamsters in wheels, parrots or seal pups and what do they do?
  • How did so many people obtain hamsters in wheels, parrots or seal pups and what do they do?

Sipping poteen curio and then belching. Seal pups are one of the org specific ones I think? Celest? They're basically an ent that sticks with you until you lose it. Not sure if you can get it back in your ent once you've done so though. You can also kill them. Which is sad :( Dead text kittens break my damn heart.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Enyalida said:

There are actually movement delaying skills that impose a rubble-like delay on the target of the woodchem's skills, added in to "help them hit with their bombs", though they utterly fail to do that, and instead act as an incenviive to never ever use any of the bombs in combat unless someone else is pinning them and you're totally sure they'll kill your target.

Flowering, Gossamer, and Mossy also don't hinder people trying to run away, they only trigger on people attacking the Wildewood with about a 15% chance to fire (With cooldowns, that make it a little more complicated than that). Also, hah Flowerpower. So bad.

EDIT: Also, clumsyness is not a movement slowing effect, unless something has changed.
    The mini-gravity usually forces a tumble or somersault out of an opponent, because they panic and get hindered! I do understand that wildewood bombs are in need of some work, but Aerochem bombs can give sensitivity (bypassing earwort) or moderate timewarp, so I used them more than a few times.

But again, I operate under the assumption that chemwoods are support classes (and any game should have this). Whether they kill on their own is a pretty difficult thing to achieve.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited February 2015
    Rialorm said:

How did so many people obtain hamsters in wheels, parrots or seal pups and what do they do?

Sipping poteen curio and then belching. Seal pups are one of the org specific ones I think? Celest? They're basically an ent that sticks with you until you lose it. Not sure if you can get it back in your ent once you've done so though. You can also kill them. Which is sad :( Dead text kittens break my damn heart.
    I just give them to Yarith. You can order them to follow or beckon them to make them refollow, or pet them to make them jump into your inventory. I don't care for anyone who kills them, just give them to someone who wants them, or drop them off somewhere. I drop off some at the Supernals also.

Clarififcation: Don't care for anyone who kills their own. I've killed other peoples poteen pets.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I kill them all mostly indiscriminately as an objection to being followed by cute snuggly things. Bad for my image.

• You can just give them to me. instead.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: