The Histories of Lusternia: Audiobook Version

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I figured if I tried to go for deep and snarly I would just sound like I had a cold. So it was probably better not to try. >.>
  • edited January 2013
    These are absolutely PERFECT.  I can't even..  I've honestly been hoping someone would do just this, and the quality is so much more than I could have dreamed.

:3

I was thinking of trying one of the diaries or something..  Any suggestions?

Actually, looking at the histories..  How crazy would it be to try doing the Chronicles of the Holy Celestine Empire?  Probably really crazy.  But all those different formats!  (and all the horribly complicated names..)
  • edited January 2013
    Chronicles would probably be where you want to get a multi-vocal project.  Or do it the way it's setup in the game as opposed to the site--read the individual perspectives as the whole document instead of the combined version.

Don't burn yourself out either Tacita. You don't have to get all the Histories done this week!  Pace yourself.  :-)

[BANNERCODE]
    Tully said:
    Chronicles would probably be where you want to get a multi-user project.

Don't burn yourself out either Tacita. You don't have to get all the Histories done this week!  Pace yourself.  :-)

Hehe, I'm not :) I've done a whole bunch because I've really enjoyed it, but I'm now at the point where they get much longer - so it's slowing. I've been spurred on by all the lovely comments people have made on it and how popular it's been, too!
  • Tully said:
    Chronicles would probably be where you want to get a multi-vocal project.  Or do it the way it's setup in the game as opposed to the site--read the individual perspectives as the whole document instead of the combined version.
    A multi-vocal project would be awesome, especially for the Marilynth interviews.  But..  When you say setup in the game..  Sorry if I sound like the noob I am, but where can you find this stuff in game?
  • edited January 2013
    The World Library, the room where Weeky Pedia is in, has Books with the Histories on the Web Site--for instance Rowena's journals are in one book, the Hallifax Minutes is another book, Lolly's Journal is a third book, etc.

[BANNERCODE]
  • I approve.

• I would love to add my sonorous male voice to the mix.

Also I'm a coder and would be happy to help build a home for all of these, if that is something Tacita is interested in - especially from an organizational perspective.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
    Majanishi said:
    I would love to add my sonorous male voice to the mix.

Also I'm a coder and would be happy to help build a home for all of these, if that is something Tacita is interested in - especially from an organizational perspective.
    For now I am just going to be putting them up onto Soundcloud, because I think it would be awkward to host them elsewhere whilst they are a WIP - I plan to go through and remaster a lot of them (there is some mains hum on them if you listen in headphones and at high volume, which I do to test quality), and Soundcloud allows me to easily do that.

It should also be kept in mind that the text is not my property, and I am only adapting it at the whims of those who do own it. So ultimately these things are up to them, in my opinion :)
  • You can just embed them, either from Tacita's account or get her to submit the MP3s, create a Lusternia or IRE Soundcloud, and embed.

[BANNERCODE]
  • This is all very impressive and I'm sure quite a bit of work.

Definately warrents artisnal credits or some kind of special pure awesome award.

edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars - 6: Book of Aslarn

Now live! It all starts to get a bit serious here...
    I've just spent some time going over the files and upgrading them all to 320kbps as well as removing some of the background hum. No new book today, not least because I have to work out a way to HOOOOOOOO well enough, but enjoy the higher quality audio :)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tacita said:
    I've just spent some time going over the files and upgrading them all to 320kbps as well as removing some of the background hum. No new book today, not least because I have to work out a way to HOOOOOOOO well enough, but enjoy the higher quality audio :)
    Damnit, I've been looking forward to this!

I've been pondering on this myself though, to me it sounds like it's either just very loud manly warcry style yell, or a very good Hacksaw Jim Duggan impression.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

There may be sound effects employed/other sorts of post-processing effects going on ;)
    edited February 2014

HOOOOOOOOO!

The next book is the last one before the evil book of death, also known as Clangorum, which is 12 pages in word when Orlachmar - the longest thus far at 30 minutes - was 8. RL activity will make them slower this week though :)

Soundcloud is having some intermittent problems today but keep persevering and you'll get there eventually.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Read that as 'keep perversing and you'll get there eventually'
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Goddamnit the one book I'm seriously looking forward to and Soundcloud's denying all existence =(

Enjoy Clangorum, and respect for you not reading it through and going "F##k that."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• These are really quite charming, your voice is marvelous to hear. Really gives the stories life!
  • Haven't finished listening to them yet but I'll chip in by saying that these are really cool and deserve some sort of reward!
  • FYI, Tacita has been getting rewarded for those audiobooks we host on the website.

But we could also give her a special honour. Any suggestions?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    She is known as the High Bard of Lusternian lore.
  • Mouthpiece of History, Voice of Lore, Orator of Ages Past
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Aren't they written in Divine in game? How about, along with a special honours, a new denizen inspired by Tacita is added to the World Library who'll read them out to interested persons?

Could have it like a stage playback, with colours, option to speedup/slowdown/pause etc.
  • Taci Peedia
  • I finally got to listen to one of these. They're amazing! Great job. It honestly made understanding it so easy, as it flowed very nicely. Plus there's just something about being able to actually hear a story and retain it. :)
  • You make it look easy! Thanks a lot.