Simple questions?

Comments

• Every fisherman needs bait.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    I'm Trans Psychometabolism and Harmony and Mythical Tahtetso. Is there any way for me to learn Tattoos, or do I really need to classflex to Tahtetso to select it as a trade skill?  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Do hair and facialhair curio influencing defenses/bonuses STACK?
  • Daraius said:

I'm Trans Psychometabolism and Harmony and Mythical Tahtetso. Is there any way for me to learn Tattoos, or do I really need to classflex to Tahtetso to select it as a trade skill?  :(

You should already be Tahtetso class, yes? In which case, if you have the permission to classflex into Tahtetso from the guild, you'll no longer be considered a rogue and unable to learn tattoos, right? So you won't have to class flex into the class, do you? Issue yourself to ask, I guess.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Don't believe he has permission, he just had the class, left and never forgot it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Ah, in which case, you'll probably want to get the permission first. Otherwise, yeah, can't activate any class-tied skillsets while not a member of that the guild associated with the class. You would think the Tahtetso would've given the permission to Daraius already, for honorary membership all these IG centuries, if nothing else.

edited February 2015
    Hahahahahah.

Well Tattoos weren't around when I was in the guild, and I never thought to just ask. I don't think I left on bad terms but I basically just absconded back to Hallifax with their skills. Definitely don't think they consider me an honorary Tahtetso. Is it as simple as a GM pressing a button to give me access to Tattoos in skillchoice?
    I used to make cakes.

• Yes, it's as simple as that, assuming one of their three guild leaders wants to press the button. Convincing them is the job, but I think the Tahtetso is at least more liberal with it than the Nekotai are. That's not saying much, of course, since even someone with constipation has a more liberal waste exhaust than the Nekotai's policy on that is.

Whether it'll mechanically work, though, is something no one has tried, I think. But logically, it should - once you're considered a classflexed member of the class, you should be able to activate its skillsets.

Thanks y'all!
    I used to make cakes.

• Viynain said:

Anyone have ABs for the -chem/-wood movement delay skills? I'm missing the ones for Aqua, Aero, Wilde, and Wyrden, so if someone could kindly send along the short, long, and AB placement to me, it'd be much appreciated!

Bump. Got me the Aqua one - thanks!

Also, per the latest lovely announce, Totemcarving falls exactly where in Stag/Crow now? 

Also AcceleratorGem's AB stuff would be lovely, plz. *flutter*
    Viynain said:

Viynain said:

Anyone have ABs for the -chem/-wood movement delay skills? I'm missing the ones for Aqua, Aero, Wilde, and Wyrden, so if someone could kindly send along the short, long, and AB placement to me, it'd be much appreciated!

Also, per the latest lovely announce, Totemcarving falls exactly where in Stag/Crow now? 

Someone must really hate themselves.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Viynain said:

Hmph. </3 @Neos

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Viynain said:

Viynain said:

hmmmm,Crowtongue, Totemcarve, Cloak.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Aha! Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

Hahahahahah.

Well Tattoos weren't around when I was in the guild, and I never thought to just ask. I don't think I left on bad terms but I basically just absconded back to Hallifax with their skills. Definitely don't think they consider me an honorary Tahtetso. Is it as simple as a GM pressing a button to give me access to Tattoos in skillchoice?
    Pmuch. Just send a nicely worded letter to the Tahtetso and ask for official skillflex perms because you're allies. Unless they feel like being douches, they'll probably let you do it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

Enyalida said:

There are actually movement delaying skills that impose a rubble-like delay on the target of the woodchem's skills, added in to "help them hit with their bombs", though they utterly fail to do that, and instead act as an incenviive to never ever use any of the bombs in combat unless someone else is pinning them and you're totally sure they'll kill your target.

Flowering, Gossamer, and Mossy also don't hinder people trying to run away, they only trigger on people attacking the Wildewood with about a 15% chance to fire (With cooldowns, that make it a little more complicated than that). Also, hah Flowerpower. So bad.

EDIT: Also, clumsyness is not a movement slowing effect, unless something has changed.
    The mini-gravity usually forces a tumble or somersault out of an opponent, because they panic and get hindered! I do understand that wildewood bombs are in need of some work, but Aerochem bombs can give sensitivity (bypassing earwort) or moderate timewarp, so I used them more than a few times.

But again, I operate under the assumption that chemwoods are support classes (and any game should have this). Whether they kill on their own is a pretty difficult thing to achieve.
    From day 1 of their introduction they were touted as a mobile 1v1 alternative to melding. They failed in that regard.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • Daraius said:

I know where the other answerers are coming from, but you know the answer is actually, maybe.

You're not classflexed, you're rogue, right? If so your class is actually Tahtetso and I don't see a reason why you couldn't select it. Selecting it would give you some protection, but you'd have to find someone with tattoos to teach you, which shouldn't be impossible.

Nah, it doesn't show up in SKILLCHOICE when I drop Bookbinding. Personally I think Tattoos should be available for anyone with Kata, since it's a lobo development that was gifted to the monk guilds. Also Master Quettle should be a Tattoos tutor.  ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

• Viynain said:

Viynain said:

Bumpbump. Got everything but the Aerochem movement delay skill now. A big thanks to all you helpful people!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Is there a bubblix for Aquagoria?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yes. A yellow periscope. I believe it is only purchasable with goop at the moment.
  • May have been asked somewhere else on these forums, and probably for a different thread, but..

Why can't cities use their "superweapons" against enemies that aren't the polar opposite organization? Example being Hallifax's weapon can only hit Gaudiguch, but can't attack Celest. Why?
    Because we haven't collected quite enough power to turn Hallifax into an orbital ion cannon.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Fusion-ha with Seren, and we'll make Laputa.
    You want to be assimilated? Okay!
    I used to make cakes.

• edited February 2015
    Mechanical reinforcement of ideological differences. For an in-game justification:

Celest's weapon isn't a weapon. They temporarily transform the Demon Lord back to his or her untainted form, which then attacks the dome around Magnagora in Revulsion.
    Mag's is the Demon Lords corrupting the Supernal into a demon, which then betrays its home organisation.
    Crow and Hart are mortal enemies, and attack one another with the slightest provocation.
    Operation Crucible is the Hallifax project that was designed to shut down the Eternal Flame, while Project Paradox was the one that Gaudiguch had designed to weaken the Matrix, both were the only ones to survive the Great Loss.
  • Aerotan said:

Mechanical reinforcement of ideological differences. For an in-game justification:

<other weapon like things>
     Operation Crucible is the Hallifax project that was designed to shut down the Eternal Flame, while Project Paradox was the one that Gaudiguch had designed to weaken the Matrix, both were the only ones to survive the Great Loss.
    FTFY

Also, I believe we came to the conclusion that Hallifax and Gaudiguch's weapons could target other people but are 'stuck' on each other. And the knowledge of how to change the setting are lost.