Flytrap Fun

edited February 2015 in Common Grounds
[After completing some duties, Arien is summoned by the Lady Lisaera about some affairs of the commune that come to a positive little ending. It was too cute not to post. Enjoy! @Everiine @Niina @Avurekhos @Enyalida @Kazel @Selenity @Renion @Feyr @Azus]

You blush furiously.

@Lisaera thanks Hinagar profusely.

Hinagar bows his head before Lisaera.

You humbly drop one knee to the ground before Lisaera, genuflecting reverently in Her presence.

You beam broadly at Hinagar.
Hinagar sniffs you, trying to decipher just what that smell emanating from you is.

Her storm-coloured eyes sparkling with mirth, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "Tidings, child. How do you fare?"

A faeling flutters in from the south.

With a crooked smile tugging at her lips, you say, "Oh, You know. Still treating myself to some soothing steam and rosehip now and then. But other than such, I am quite well."

Lisaera smiles softly.

Nodding once, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Soothing herbs and warm liquids are comforting even to Me."

You nod your head in agreement.

Smiling happily, a faeling flutters out to the south.

A smile on Her lips, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "I wish to show you what My Elthadean has managed to grow. I believe it will serve the commune well."

You laughingly say, "I have been working hard on a few things for You and the commune. But alas, they are holding for a moment. My curiosity is eating at my head on what You - Elthadean too?"

Arien clasps her hands excitedly, swaying.

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

You bow respectfully to Elthadean Lunseer.

His silver eyes alive with life and happiness, Elthadean Lunseer says, "It is truly a blessing to stand among you, Avatar, for it means that She has given me a second chance."

Elthadean Lunseer bows low to the Silver Lady first, and then to Her Avatar.

With nervous excitement, Elthadean Lunseer exclaims, "Tidings, tidings! I have wonderful news!"

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Elthadean Lunseer says, "The Silver Goddess told me of the commune's need for a ... what did She say? A repository?"

Lisaera smiles motherly at Elthadean and nods.

Blushing deeply, Elthadean Lunseer exclaims, "Yes, well, I think I've grown one!"

You say, "Oh, how lovely!"

You say, "Though, a living repository, I wonder what it may be."

You tilt your head curiously.

LOOK

Before the Moonhart Enclave.
Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. It is quite cool. The branches of the Moonhart Mother Tree reach out to shelter and protect this large wooden building. The Council Chambers rest in the Mother Tree, supported by a mat of huge branches. Ivy grows around the wooden slats, its roots planted deep in the potting trays at the building's base. Other plants also grow out of delicately carved troughs, including two conical junipers at the entrance to the chambers. To the south, a wooden walkway leads to the Inner Circle as it abuts the Mother Tree's vast trunk. Three bamboo pipes are suspended from a sling of twisted vines, wreathed with sacred leaves and pale flowers. A black and silver gray wolf pads around the area, shimmering wings
flapping gently. A tall, slender man garbed in mooncloak butterflies stands here, a silver haze in his eyes. Lisaera, the Silver Goddess stands before you, Her form wreathed by cold moonfire. You see a single exit leading south.

LOOK LISAERA

She is a radiant immortal and is tall, standing at almost seven feet, with a willowy figure. Her pale skin, untouched by age, contrasts with the wise features of Her face, from the knowing set of Her brow to the thin line of Her lips. Storm-coloured eyes, whether filled with a mother's love, widened with a maiden's curiosity, or narrowed with a crone's wizened contempt, gaze evenly at Her surroundings. Possessing sweeping cheekbones and sharply pointed ears, She could easily be mistaken for an elfen woman were it not for the ancient thrum of power and ethereal wind that clings to Her like a cloak, rising and falling in intensity. Her very essence and bearing make it clear that She is as changeable and dangerous as the storm and as knowing as the earth. She is wearing a glimmering necklace of pale moonfire, a misted emerald brooch, a torc of shimmering silver, silverspun robes trimmed in black furs, a pendant of silver birches, a vine-wreathed crown of frozen moonlight, an elegant lunar watch and a filigree wreathed chalice brooch.
Long, raven-coloured hair spills down Her back like a fall of black water, the loose strands that frame Her face swept artfully behind Her elfen ears. A single plait, interwoven with strands of silver moonlight, hangs nearly to the ground, bearing the impression of a do that is beautifully done, but could easily break free from its glimmering restraints at any moment.

Elthadean Lunseer ponders thoughtfully before looking high and low.

Lisaera raises an eyebrow questioningly.

The horizon glows with burnished shades of orange and red, heralding the imminent arrival of Father Sun upon the rim of the world.

Lightly, Her storm-coloured eyes a dim grey, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Has it escaped you, My priest?"

Gulping, Elthadean Lunseer says, "I - no. Uhm. Maybe."

Elthadean Lunseer bows low again before departing.

Elthadean Lunseer departs to the south, his scholar's gaze taking in each detail as he passes.

A scholar's curiosity ever in his eyes, Elthadean Lunseer enters from the south, motes of silver moonfire trailing him like butterflies.

With an undertone of a chuckle, you say, "Oh dear."

Elthadean Lunseer exclaims, "I found it!"

Its jaws snapping lightly, a flytrap crawls in on its many roots, its leaves fanning the air gently.

Elthadean Lunseer rushes to the flytrap and preens its moonhart leaves, worrying over it like a new nanny.

Lisaera smiles softly.

[probe flytrap]

The foremost blossom of this flytrap swivels easily on a slender stalk, the stem of which rises from a rounded belly-shaped protrusion. Although no eyes or other sensory receptors grow from this carnivorous plant, its snapping jaws angle toward the slightest of movements, cracking down sharply and opening again as if trying to take a bite out of its unwitting pray. Enormous moonhart leaves extend along its stalk like a cloak, falling regally down what would otherwise be considered the nape of a flesh-and-blood creature. White and silver blossoms, shaped like bluebells and tulips, bloom along the thorny roots that wend their way through the wooden walkway leading into the Moonhart Enclave, and as the bridge sways, the roots cling harder into their supports as if trying
to maintain balance.
A blooming moonhart flytrap appears to be extraordinarily strong.
He weighs about 62 pounds.
He has a moderate weakness to cutting damage.
He has a terrible weakness to fire damage.
He has a slight weakness to cold damage.
He has a moderate resistance to asphyxiation damage.
You cannot see what a blooming moonhart flytrap is holding.
It has the following aliases: flytrap, carnivorous, plant.

The wooden floorboards creak ominously.

A mother's gentleness in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "My child, behold - the moonhart flytrap. While its form and function are ample and alive, I have yet to weave much of its spirit together. It is, for all intents and purposes, awakened, but I wished to show it to you before I completed the process."

Arien blinks slowly, lowering down to examine the base of the flytrap with interest. "Such a beautiful creature, a combination of some specimens, I suppose?" She comments to Elthadean with a slight grin, as she carefully extends a finger to some of the leaves along the plant's back.

Elthadean Lunseer blushes while he works at poking and prodding leaves, narrowly avoiding the snapping jaws as he works.

Mirth in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Elthadean worked hard creating this gift for the commune. Do you approve?"

Arien Siar'luin glances up to Lisaera softly, her face alight with a maiden's joy. "Oh, I do!" She exclaims, idly clasping the priest's forearm in comradery.

Elthadean Lunseer beams broadly at you.

Softly, nodding once, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Then I shall bring life to this vessel."

Arien leans back on her knees, solemnly rising to a standing as she watches the scene unfold before her.

The Silver Goddess holds a hand out before Her and closes Her eyes. A crash of thunder precedes a silver light that manifests along the flytrap, radiating outward along the floorboards of the swinging walkway. The Goddess opens Her eyes and smiles as the effulgent glow bathes the carnivourous blossom.

You smile happily.

The flytrap perks up, its jaws opening and closing with renewed awareness. It shifts its mouth-shaped blossoms from one face to another before seeming to nod.

Lisaera flashes a blooming moonhart flytrap a joyous smile.
The flytrap opens its jaws and closes them repeatedly, as if in an attempt to broach communication.

You say, "It seems to take to your arcane energy so well."

Elthadean Lunseer watches the Goddess, awe-stricken, and smiles as his creation comes to life.

Looking thoughtfully at the little plant, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Now, let us see whether it will do its duty well."

@Lleuke blinks.

Lleuke Zayah, the Silver Oracle says, "Oh, pardon me."
Arien peers around the flytrap, examining the changes as the rest of the silver energy radiates around the base.

Lleuke kneels before Lisaera, swearing his allegiance to Her.

You say, "Uncle!"

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Lleuke tells you, "I didn't mean to interrupt!"

Lisaera gives a blank figurine to a blooming moonhart flytrap.
The flytrap opens its ruby-coloured jaws and snaps down on a blank figurine, swallowing it whole. A lump travels down its stalk and into its belly, creating a silver glow to emanate from its mane of moonhart leaves.

Lisaera smiles softly at a blooming moonhart flytrap.
Tilting its jaws to and fro, the flytrap slowly lowers its primary blossom to the middle of its stalk. With a lurch, it snaps at something unseen.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Gently, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "Would you care to see if it made its way into the
council chamber?"

You nod your head emphatically.

[MOVEMENT]

You nod your head in agreement.

You say, "The figurine is resting there."

A smile in Her eyes, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Excellent."

Lisaera gives a small square of chocolate to a blooming moonhart flytrap.
Sticking its closed jaws into the air, the flytrap turns away from a small square of chocolate and rustles its leaves threateningly.

Lisaera laughs with a maiden's innocent mirth, Her voice like a breeze through Moonhart leaves.

Nodding, satisfied, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "It will only devour figurines, for now. I am sure it can be persuaded to ingest other objects, as the commune desires."

You say, "Figurines but not chocolate, now see, if I was a plant, I'd surely be the other way around.

Lisaera's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

You nod your head sagely.

You say, "I shall inform the council and Enyalida concerning our new addition."

The wind kicks up dew from the thin branches above, sending a brief shower through the air.

Lisaera thanks you profusely.

You pet a blooming moonhart flytrap ingratiatingly.
The flytrap opens its jaws and closes them repeatedly, as if in an attempt to broach communication.

Elthadean Lunseer beams broadly.

A faeling flutters in from the south.

Softly, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Elthadean Lunseer, "Come, My priest. We shall leave Our Spirit to her work."

You say to Lisaera, "Of course, it is the least I can do. To have opportunities like this. May You
be well in Your ponderings."

Lisaera leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

You hug Lisaera compassionately.

You wave goodbye.

Lisaera flashes you a joyous smile.
Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
-
A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
-
I write things

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Long, raven-coloured hair spills down Her back like a fall of black
    water, the loose strands that frame Her face swept artfully behind Her
    elfen ears. A single plait, interwoven with strands of silver moonlight,
    hangs nearly to the ground, bearing the impression of a do that is
    beautifully done, but could easily break free from its glimmering
    restraints at any moment.

Can I has this hair curio?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Neat! It's like a living library return box! (But why was I tagged? :? )
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Because the log was about rp, not about combat or idiots babbling.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Everiine said:

Neat! It's like a living library return box! (But why was I tagged? :? )

What he said. I like tagging other people from the same org, just to let people peek in on small RP things.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • What? No tag for me, I feel unloved. XD
  • What? No tag for me, I feel unloved. XD

I'm sorry! I wish I could just @Serenwilde and have that tag every member on the forums.

-
    -
    I write things