Warriors

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
Hey boys and girls. I have several question regarding warriors for the warrior-types out there.

1.) Race. Which races are good for warrior bashing and why? What about pvp races?

2.) Which spec is good for PVE? PVP?

Cheers!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:

Hey boys and girls. I have several question regarding warriors for the warrior-types out there.

1.) Race. Which races are good for warrior bashing and why? What about pvp races?

2.) Which spec is good for PVE? PVP?

Cheers!

1. PvE - any high str/high con race. There's practically no wrong answer here, except for maybe furrikin/unspecced faeling. PvP - Aslaran master race.

2. There is no good spec for PvE. I normally just run with hammers/rapiers depending on what the critters I'm trying to kill are. With oil of sharpness, chance to miss comes to around 10% if you're out of spec. All specs have their positives and negatives when PvP is concerned. Me, I prefer Pureblade/Cavalier. Others prefer the dual wield specs, others still go for Axelord, etc, etc. Find a style that suits you and go with it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Thanks!

I am rather inclined to Blademaster/Cavalier. Cav's don't need rapiers/hammers for bashing, do they?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    They can swap between blunt or cutting damage easily. However, is one attack per balance, while the dual wield specs get two, thus potentially faster bashing with crits figured in.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks! Cav's -can- still bash effectively while dual wielding rapiers/hammers, right?

#bringShikariback 

• Is Aslaran still the Master Race for warriors? I know the High-Dex, fast balance combo helps, and that it used to be possible with Paradigmatics and a nicely runed katana to take off someone's legs from the word 'go' and decap within 20 seconds.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2015
    Like Elanorwen said, about 10% miss rate. But I think the crits make up for it.

As for aslaran, it's really the combo of decent stats combined with that balance bonus. Speed is king.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited February 2015
    A warrior can bash pretty effectively with any warrior weapon - even if it is not their spec - so long as they make use of sharpness oil. Never forget your sharpness oil!

Also, unspecced faeling is perfectly fine for warrior bashing. The only difference is they have a smidgen less health than a SL faeling when they are both surged (SL have more con, but they also lose INT, which lessens the impact of surge).

If you want nothing but raw HP, try a surged illithoid.

I'd saw Cav/PB is the way to go for PVP.
  • Last time I did testing on it, using 2x hammers/rapiers bashing method as a two handed spec was statistically worse. The extra miss-rate seems small but adds up over time. This was before damage shift, which effectively balanced 1h/2h and took away the only mathematical reason people used that method to begin with (if the first 1/2 of your two handed damage attack killed something, you were wasting time- now that extra damage is conserved).

Against hindering/forced movement spam classes: PB is better hands down

Against other warriors and non-hindering classes: CAV is significantly more wounds over time, and ultimately better in this category if you can keep attacking, but the afflictions are less reliable (legtendon being jab only really sucks since you can't power feat for it when you really need the hindering). Also, spurs are pretty much a requirement, and automated re-vaulting and beast following scripts since every single good affliction requires being mounted.

Hope this helps :)
  • I've been telling this to people forever that damageshift made 1hs equal to 2hs...
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    To be fair, for bashing whip > either.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.