Stowaway Ephemeral Meril Arrives in New Celest

The twinkling lights of countless constellations flare visibly within the skies, heralding the 
arrival of the Navigator.

A flare of light precedes an explosion of stars, revealing Darvellan in their midst.

Saoirse curtseys gracefully before Darvellan.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Well met, all."

The Pool of Stars. (City of New Celest)
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. An enormously wide circular pool, as 
dark as the night sky, glitters softly between the columns. His form suffused with soft light, the 
Keeper of the Pool of Stars stands here attentively. A statue of Zenobia the Queen of Queens stands 
here, memorializing her noble spirit. There are 22 Kusalas of the Tahtetso here. A sigil in the 
shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. An imposing sword of radiant white metal 
has been driven deep into the ground in a silent statement of intent. Waddling around aimlessly, a 
large duck-billed platypus cuts a majestic figure, bedecked in a scintillating golden-brown pelage 
and stylish woven-reed saddle. Eddies of glittering flecks of ice swirl around the graceful form of 
a sleek snow phoenix with wings of sapphire ice. Princess Kelly McCloud is here, shrouded. She 
wields a Wand of Windwalls in her left hand and Juliana's Divine Wand of Returning Annihilation in 
her right. Darvellan, the Navigator stands here, surrounded by a mist of twinkling starlight. 
Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud lingers here, bursts of multicoloured light randomly exploding in 
and out of existence around her. She wields a plush doll of Altaira, the Star Deva in her left hand 
and a luminous symbol of justice in her right. Tridemon Regalis lingers nearby, the air about him 
singing with the rush of the ocean. He wields a golden whip of the pious in his left hand and a 
coral staff in his right.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, and up 
(open door).

You press your palms together over your heart and perform a humble bow, chanting a harmonic mantra 
that creates a profound sense of peace.

Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud says, "Greetings, Lord Navigator."

You say, "Greetings, Lord Darvellan."

You say, "We're getting ready for a domoth."

Darvellan brushes His hands over His coat of Half-formed leather, causing countless drops of water 
to fall from it.

Kelly gives Darvellan a respectful salute.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Indeed?"

You nod your head emphatically.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I just came from a bit of exploration, Myself."

You tilt your head curiously.

Tridemon ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

You say, "Where did You explore, Lord Darvellan?"

Tridemon Regalis says, "Aquagoria?"

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "A bubble was open briefly in the aether, full of nothing but 
rainstorms."

Comprehension flashes across Tridemon's face.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I explored it for a time, but it closed upon Me, but not before I 
was soaked."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Though, I still feel a bit weird, and not just from being soaked."

Darvellan looses a quiet "Hrmm...", tugging gently on His beard of stubble as black as night as he 
ponders for answers.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Pardon me!"

Kelly gives the world a smart salute.

You say, "Weird? How so?"

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Like there's something more..."

Darvellan furrows His brow deep in thought.

Darvellan raises the eyebrow of His good eye, and reaches up to His hair, ruffling it fiercely to get 
all the water out.

You say, "Something more to that bubble of rainstorms?"

You scratch your head in confusion.

Landing heavily upon the ground with a splash, Meril lets out a loud "oof!" of surprise.

You see the following people here:
Darvellan, Meril, Taevyn, Tridemon, Saoirse, Chakraja.

Darvellan blinks incredulously at Meril.

Utterly entranced, Saoirse emits a long "Ooooh."

She is a radiant immortal and is composed entirely of water, and stands at the diminutive height of 
just under five feet tall. Though humanoid in form it is clear that her round and plump body greatly 
resembles the shape of a droplet of water as it falls from the sky, her pear-shaped torso supported 
by stumpy legs. A foamy fall of hair frames her heart-shaped face, cloudier than the rest of her 
pellucid form, and curls down her back. Her eyes are iridescent, and her facial features are almost 
childlike, dainty and adorable. She is wearing a brightly coloured raincoat and an oversized pair of 
wellington boots.

Tridemon blinks.

Saoirse raises her hand in greeting to Meril and says "Hi!"

You tilt your head curiously at Meril.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I believe that must've been it."

Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud says, "I'm sorry but I must head to the domoths to aid the 
Princess against possible enemies."

Saoirse curtseys gracefully before Darvellan.

Saoirse curtseys gracefully before Meril.

With a playful wink Saoirse explodes into a shower of iridescent bubbles that flow off to the up in 
a wave of shimmering colours.
Whispers of warmth flush through your skin as a sleek snow phoenix with wings of sapphire ice 
departs in a swirl of glittering flecks of ice.

Meril looks up from her puddle on the floor, blinking widely.

You say to Meril, "Did you come from the bubble of rainstorms?"

Uncertainly, Meril, the Raindrop says, "He...llo?"

Taevyn's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

(Celest): Darvellan says, "Hail, all."

The Pool of Stars. (City of New Celest) (?)
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. An enormously wide circular pool, as 
dark as the night sky, glitters softly between the columns. His form suffused with soft light, the 
Keeper of the Pool of Stars stands here attentively. A statue of Zenobia the Queen of Queens stands 
here, memorializing her noble spirit. There are 22 Kusalas of the Tahtetso here. A sigil in the 
shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. An imposing sword of radiant white metal 
has been driven deep into the ground in a silent statement of intent. Meril, the Raindrop is here, 
wreathed in divine fire. Darvellan, the Navigator stands here, surrounded by a mist of twinkling 
starlight. Tridemon Regalis lingers nearby, the air about him singing with the rush of the ocean. He 
wields a golden whip of the pious in his left hand and a coral staff in his right.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, and up 
(open door).

(Celest): Bandeon says, "'ail Lord Naivigator."

You raise your hand in greeting to Meril and say "Hello!"

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I'd think so, I certainly feel a lot drier now."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Well, what are We to do with this stowaway, then?"

You have emoted: Chakraja McCloud contemplates Meril's appearance inquisitively.

Tridemon Regalis says, "Well... You probably can't send her home, right?"

Meril gets experimentally to her feet, as if unsure exactly how to do so.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "The bubble is nonexistent, and who knows when it may come into 
existence again, if it ever does."

Tridemon Regalis says, "I do believe that the traditional thing to do with a stowaway that you can't 
take back to their home is to put them to work."

You say to Meril, "If you can't go home, you're welcome to stay. You're not hostile, are you?"

Meril blinks incredulously at you.

You tilt your head curiously at Meril.

Meril, the Raindrop frowns and says, "Hos...tile? I - no? No?"

Meril shuffles clumsily over to you and, pointing to her legs, whispers, "What are these things? Why 
are they here?"

You have emoted: Chakraja McCloud looks over Meril's legs, then at her own. "They're legs. They help 
you get around."

You say, "I guess you didn't have any use for them back where you came from?"

Lifting one foot, then the other, Meril, the Raindrop says, "I don't understand. Where is everyone 
else gone? Why am I so big? Where am I?"

Scratching her head, you say, "Well... Who's everyone else? I'm not sure why you're so big. And 
you're in New Celest."

Meril looks about rather helplessly, her iridescent eyes finally alighting on Darvellan. "Oh! You. I 
remember You! You were there, with me and the others!"

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "In the bubble of rainstorms? Yes, I was."

Meril's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Looking hopeful, Meril, the Raindrop says, "You were there, with me and the others! Where did they 
all go? How did we get here?"

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "They are gone, with the bubble, little one. This is Celest, a 
different place entirely from your home."

The hopeful expression melts away from Meril's face, replaced by a mixture of confusion and sadness. 
"...gone?" she repeats, her voice raising in alarm.

Tridemon peers about himself unscrupulously.

Tridemon slowly raises his hands in the air and dramatically lowers them. Dark clouds rumble 
overhead, suddenly releasing a hard downpour of large, hot raindrops.

Nodding His head sadly, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "For now, at least, though there are plenty 
of raindrops to be seen in this world, little one."

Meril lets out an elated gasp as the raindrops shower around her.

Tridemon Regalis says, "I must admit... I've never even heard of any kind of spirit representative 
of anything like as small as a raindrop."

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Perhaps you'd like to stay here for a time, little one?"

Saoirse greets Meril with a sincere smile.

Saoirse raises her hand in greeting to Meril and says "Hi!"

Saoirse beams broadly.

Saoirse gives a hot pink heart-shaped candy to Meril, the Raindrop.

Smiling hesitantly, Meril, the Raindrop says, "It...it does feel quite nice here." She shuffles on 
the spot, her boots splishing and splashing in the water. "And I like making new friends."

Meril examines the candy curiously as she murmurs, rather absentmindedly, "I don't think I'm very 
small anymore."

Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud says, "I don't think size matters!"

Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud says to Meril, "Welcome to the city!"

Saoirse beams broadly at Meril.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Very well then, little one."

Bandeon bows respectfully to Darvellan.

(Celest): Darvellan says, "Celest, I would have you welcome Meril during her stay here."

Bandeon reaches over and gives Saoirse a friendly noogie.

Priestess Saoirse Kissane-McCloud says, "Bwah."

Saoirse reaches gingerly towards her waves of cosmic fire with one hand and, scarcely touching it, 
carefully ensures that everything is flawlessly coiffed.

(Celest): Kalliste says, "Welcome!"

Meril, the Raindrop (Female Ephemeral).
She is an Ephemeral, one of the enigmatic servants of the Elder Gods.

(Celest): Azula says, "Welcome Meril!"

(Celest): You say, "Welcome, Meril."

Azula gives Darvellan a respectful salute.

(Celest): Takami says, "Welcome Meril, the Raindrop."

Azula gives Meril a respectful salute.

(Celest): Bandeon says, "Welcome Meril."

(Celest): Romaan says, "Hail, Meril."

(Celest): Kelly (from the Realms of the Domoth) says, "Hello, Meril, and welcome."

(Celest): Nethin says, "Welcome meril."

Meril looks slightly overcome by all the attention, her face lit up in a joyous smile.

Bandeon flashes Meril a joyous smile.

Saoirse giggles happily.

(Celest): Meril says, "I've never met so many new friends at once! Hello! Thank you for letting me 
stay!"

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yay! New baby Eph!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Meril is adorable. I want one!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Wait...but...you just told us all.

You broke your promise.