m&m updates

1235»

Comments

• It's not supported yet, sorry the option was left in by accident.
  • not sure if it's been reported but there seems like a weird issue with namedb not picking up demigods with laurels? Both I've tested on (Arien and Barrin) also have the typecast power for demigods too.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's a known problem. You can get ndb to stop freaking out by doing NDB SET <person> LAURELS YEP .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Allehnon said:

Does anyone know why I am not touching medicinebag?

my config is set at 90%

but it never actually goes off.

Medicinebag takes sip balance. It's probably not a great idea to use it unless you're out hunting and run out of health potion.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • not sure if it's been reported but there seems like a weird issue with namedb not picking up demigods with laurels? Both I've tested on (Arien and Barrin) also have the typecast power for demigods too.
    namedb autodetects laurels, and that is working on both Arien and Barrin:

(m&m): Deleted Arien's entry from NameDB.
    (ex) 6413h|100%, 6600m|100%, 100e%, 10p, 100w%, 100e%, 2.91m ()-
    (m&m): I'm afraid we don't know person named Arien.
    Hierophant Arien Siar'luin, Spirit of the Silver Trinity (Female Lunar Demigoddess).
    A vision of a frost-touched wind manifests in your mind, forming the many faces of the ancestors of 
    the First Forest. And as their voices reach you, you know that you are barred from their secrets.

--(m&m) Arien's (f) NameDB profile--------------------------------------------------
      Orgs:
        Guild: Hartstone               Org:        Serenwilde (cr?)
        Order: unknown

Personal:
        Class:  hartstone              XP rank:    unknown
        Might:  unranked               Importance: unset
        Demigod: nope                  Race:       unknown
        Has laurels: yep

Status to you:
        Org enemy:   nope              Guild enemy: nope
        Order enemy: nope              
        Actual status to you: enemy (auto)

Notes (edit):
        - none yet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is your config set on wrapwidth 0 in-game?
    It doesn't auto-detect laurels for me, either--I think maybe it got fixed for me a long time ago, but when I reinstalled my profile and m&m, it stopped doing it again. In general, it doesn't seem to autodetect laurels.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Vadi said:

not sure if it's been reported but there seems like a weird issue with namedb not picking up demigods with laurels? Both I've tested on (Arien and Barrin) also have the typecast power for demigods too.
    namedb autodetects laurels, and that is working on both Arien and Barrin:

(m&m): Deleted Arien's entry from NameDB.
    (m&m): I'm afraid we don't know person named Arien.
    Hierophant Arien Siar'luin, Spirit of the Silver Trinity (Female Lunar Demigoddess).
    A vision of a frost-touched wind manifests in your mind, forming the many faces of the ancestors of 
    the First Forest. And as their voices reach you, you know that you are barred from their secrets.

--(m&m) Arien's (f) NameDB profile--------------------------------------------------
      Orgs:
        Guild: Hartstone               Org:        Serenwilde (cr?)
        Order: unknown

Personal:
        Class:  hartstone              XP rank:    unknown
        Might:  unranked               Importance: unset
        Demigod: nope                  Race:       unknown
        Has laurels: yep

Status to you:
        Org enemy:   nope              Guild enemy: nope
        Order enemy: nope              
        Actual status to you: enemy (auto)

Notes (edit):
        - none yet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is your config set on wrapwidth 0 in-game?

The issue I was referring to is the bolded. 

It's not detecting that they're demigods, that they both have laurels was just something I noticed both shared.
  • weirdly, Sondayga, Avurekhos, Vivet, and Elanorwen are all vernal ascendants but Avurekhos doesn't show up as a "demigod". Maellio is a typecast demigod and he shows up as a demigod. I thought it might be some weird punctuation thing but Barrin doesn't have a title
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shaddus said:

Allehnon said:

my config is set at 90%

Medicinebag takes sip balance. It's probably not a great idea to use it unless you're out hunting and run out of health potion.
    Untrue. It's only not a good idea when you have vessels to cure.
    Enyalida said:

Shaddus said:

Allehnon said:

my config is set at 90%

Does it cure more than healing potions on its balance?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    EDIT: Man, wrong thread.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Shaddus said:

Enyalida said:

Shaddus said:

Allehnon said:

my config is set at 90%

Does it cure more than healing potions on its balance?
    Yes

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2015
    So, I'm curious, what's the best way to deal with bedevil right now?  It's annoying as *censored*  both from a spam point of view, as well as just flipping back and forth from pacified to recklessness.  Is it just leave the room and cure the bedeviled aura, and run them out of power so you can finally get an offense going?

Edit: nvm, figured out the sipping while reckless bit myself.
  • Saran said:

Vadi said:

The issue I was referring to is the bolded. 

It's not detecting that they're demigods, that they both have laurels was just something I noticed both shared.

Oh okay! I misunderstood. Thanks!
  • Fixed.
  • 15.3.1 update

Quick update to handle the new Overhaul afflictions!

Changelog:

• added pox, vomiting, regirmortis, taintsick afflictions to Overhaul cures
    • fixed pipe refills not to go off paralysed
    • fixed pipe used contents up trigger to work with affmessage cure lines
    • replaced sunallergy, vomitblood, crotamine afflictions with their new Overhaul equivalents
    • updated for the new taintsick lines
    (don't laugh at this next part, it's a used computer :(  )

mmupdate force
    (m&m): (re)downloading latest system...
    (m&m): Couldn't remove the C:\Users\Cheryl\.config\mudlet\profiles\Shaddusalt -
    Lusty/m&m/downloads/available_version file (error was: C:\Users\Cheryl\.
    config\mudlet\profiles\Shaddusalt - Lusty/m&m/downloads/available_version: Permission denied) -
    this might be a problem.

mmversion
    (m&m): system version is 0

--------------

Is this a problem, especially the last part?
  • Yeah - install it manually.
  • 15.3.2 update!

A couple of important fixes in this update.

Focus body paralysis curing

Focus body for paralysis curing has been re-enabled, which got turned off by the late feb update to make it work in sap curing.

Default addons for multi-class m&m's

Default class-specific addons now properly come with multi-class m&m's - namely, the meld tracker.

Changelog:

• added a charge proning trigger
    • fixed default addons to be added to people with multiclass m&m
    • fixed focus body to be used again for paralysis cures
    • fixed salamanders hallucinations trigger to give hallucinations
    • mmset: made 'balance' be an available balance to use as well as physical
    • NameDB: fixed Demigods with laurels not getting recorded as demigods
  • You may have updated, but it's not updating properly! - Or you forgot to change the version in the newer one.

Clicked update 3 times, restarted each time, still says 15.3.1 :/
    Try downloading fresh and installing again. I have to do this on my laptop because the version of Mudlet available always freezes and erases when I try to update. (It works perfectly fine on my desktop, though).

• It was done properly, yes.
  • I'm running into the same issues updating on my laptop - I got the message that m&m has been updated and I need to restart Mudlet. I do this and I get the same message. m&m won't seem to update.

If I need to manually install the update, where do I need to go to download the update?

Thanks.
  • Use the link Vadi gave you, when you installed it for the first time.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    For me, I think it's a Mudlet version issue. I'm not certain that the version I have on my desktop, from the Mudlet PPA, is the same as the one that is included in the repository of my my laptop's OS, and the PPA one seems to work better. I have no problems updating on my desktop. But the laptop update always, always freezes and fails.

• Apologies for the lack in updates guys - hecting couple of months.

15.6.1 update!

An update for the overhaul defences!

Defences

The new DEF line style has been added, so m&m will no longer re-do defences that you've got after checking it. Support for the 'you now have' and the 'no longer have' lines is in as well.

Some defences might not be covered by this if they have a different in-game name than what m&m calls them - if you run into any, let me know!

Autorewield

Autorewield has been fixed to not get confused and wield the right item, instead of '?'.

Changelog:

• added celestine shackle
    • added generic defence lines
    • added rune trigger for sleek beam generator
    • fixed autowield to rewield the right items
    • improved crow perch: it will now only be done while in the trees
    • improved totem nature defence not to spam at times
    • removed deathsense
  • 15.8.1 update!

A quick update for the new slip ability an deathsight! Use mmconfig slip on and mmconfig deathsight on to enable their use.

Changelog:

• added hardsmoke and smokeweb defences
    • added mmconfig deathsight to use the skill
    • added mmconfig slip to use the racial skill (race unfortunately isn't in GMCP)
    • fixed nimbus def line
  • Are you going to put in the physical afflictions before they go live?
  • I'll see what I can do.
  • stupid question: how do you ungag influencing attacks you do to another denizen?
    is dead like the dodo