Healing

2»

Comments

• Saesh said:

...The curing groups might have to be broken up in healing to keep auras from losing too much value (bigger pools of afflictions means it's less likely to cure the desired affliction under the new system) but even then, auras aren't the main draw to high tier combat. It's the ability to cure any and all afflictions instantly regardless of status (except for stunned/asleep). So long as we maintain that aspect, I think healing will be fine.
    "any and all afflictions instantly," you say? There are a number of afflictions that healers cannot cure. Are those being removed or changed with overhaul?
  • edited February 2015
    whoops!
  • edited February 2015
    Siam said:

...While Healing sacrifices offense(well, 98% of it, as there are two offensive skills), Hexes, which stands at the opposite end of the spectrum, forgoes all defense completely. The premise of choosing either skill is to give up offense or defense for an entire plethora of shiny skills.

I would just like to voice an opinion somewhat in contradiction to this idea. That is, I constantly get the feeling that the best defense is a strong offense. Yes, having healing allows me to run away if I'm suddenly waylaid with a bunch of afflictions, but my value in group combat is significantly lower as a healer than it would be as an aeon-spamming tarot user. I've been advocating for stronger offensive skills in healing because aurawarp and bedevil aren't useful to me (they don't help me get a kill, which is the primary reason for offensive skills, yes?). Perhaps I'm just a bit jealous after hearing all these stories about how other guilds still have very strong offensive tactics when using healing, so let me back off the requests for stronger offensive ability for this one post. How about more utility in group combat instead? Any thoughts about that?

• An enhanced version of Rituals - Puer would be a good start for curing deepwounds, which I think Healing can't do?

• edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

An enhanced version of Rituals - Puer would be a good start for curing deepwounds, which I think Healing can't do?

You can't passively heal deepwounds with Healing, but you definitely can do so actively. You can even heal other people's deepwounds at the cost of your own health.

Also, at @Kalliste, your team will love you throwing aurawarps around, even if you don't get the kill yourself. Doing so often made me the primary target, which makes all those other handy survival skills come in handy too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited February 2015
    Kalliste said:

Siam said:

...While Healing sacrifices offense(well, 98% of it, as there are two offensive skills), Hexes, which stands at the opposite end of the spectrum, forgoes all defense completely. The premise of choosing either skill is to give up offense or defense for an entire plethora of shiny skills.

I would just like to voice an opinion somewhat in contradiction to this idea. That is, I constantly get the feeling that the best defense is a strong offense. Yes, having healing allows me to run away if I'm suddenly waylaid with a bunch of afflictions, but my value in group combat is significantly lower as a healer than it would be as an aeon-spamming tarot user. I've been advocating for stronger offensive skills in healing because aurawarp and bedevil aren't useful to me (they don't help me get a kill, which is the primary reason for offensive skills, yes?). Perhaps I'm just a bit jealous after hearing all these stories about how other guilds still have very strong offensive tactics when using healing, so let me back off the requests for stronger offensive ability for this one post. How about more utility in group combat instead? Any thoughts about that?

Other kits just synergize better with Healing. Healing itself does not net them their kills, but rather, Healing helps sustain them for longer to acquire the kills. Aurawarp and bedevil helps get kills, but they won't be yours if you do nothing else after using these skills. An aeonspamming tarot user also doesn't get kills themselves if all they do is keep spamming aeon.These were meant to complement your guild skills. If we stop to think about it, all healer guilds face the same situation where healing alone doesn't get them their kills. Other healer guilds prefer using other skills to help net kills in group fights. There's always the mana drain team, siccing everyone's ents on the same target, etc.

Farheal, farcure, sacrifice, neurosis aura(auras in general), aurawarp and bedevil are definitely usable utilies in group combat.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited February 2015
    Kalliste said:

Saesh said:

...The curing groups might have to be broken up in healing to keep auras from losing too much value (bigger pools of afflictions means it's less likely to cure the desired affliction under the new system) but even then, auras aren't the main draw to high tier combat. It's the ability to cure any and all afflictions instantly regardless of status (except for stunned/asleep). So long as we maintain that aspect, I think healing will be fine.
    "any and all afflictions instantly," you say? There are a number of afflictions that healers cannot cure. Are those being removed or changed with overhaul?

That is a really broad question. You can see what we've removed so far. If you have a concern about healing not curing something, you would have to be more specific for me to provide feedback.

Edit: Healing has a much stronger version of puer. It heals more and can be done prone.