Lesson Banks

SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I was discussing things with @Violyte regarding guild advancement rewards when this idea dropped into my head.

Allow players to donate lessons to nations and guilds the same way one would normally do with credits and gold. This way, organizations can hold LESSON SALES or even hand them out as a form of alternative reward over credits. There are really situations where you need one more than the other. I'd like to think that all players, especially newer ones would benefit greatly from this change.

DEPOSIT <amount> LESSONS <organization>
GUILD/COMMUNE/CITY <amount> LESSONS TRANSFER <person> <reason>

That's all folks.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I like the idea of lesson sales, as this would also help to maintain what guild credits were originally for, which was cheap credits to help members grow.

However, I just cant picture the idea of donating lessons to guilds...im not sure how that is possible >>.

I'd prefer it if guilds got lessons rather than credits for member credit purchases.
  • Or if they got credits from credit purchases and lessons from lesson purchases.

Also, guilds use credits for various expansions to their guildhalls as well, so they do need to have some kind of credit income.
  • edited February 2015
    Arcanis said:

I like the idea of lesson sales, as this would also help to maintain what guild credits were originally for, which was cheap credits to help members grow.

However, I just cant picture the idea of donating lessons to guilds...im not sure how that is possible >>.

I'd prefer it if guilds got lessons rather than credits for member credit purchases.

What do you mean you can't imagine it? It isn't a thing that is possible, hence why it's being suggested.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2015
    Credits are lessons, if the player wants. Gold is credits if the guild wants. Excess lessons can be turned into gold (by way of curios/rubbing) which can then be turned into credits. Both gold and credits can be donated.

I don't really have an issue with the idea, I just think it's redundant.

• Wouldn't the lesson to credit conversion rate be ~120:1 if you took lessons, turned them into pieces, then rubbed them to gold, then bought credits? Not very practical.