Damge Source Types

Alrighty, I'm curious about the Transmology hands skills. Reading through the skills it explains alot, but it still leaves a few questions for me.

So here it is: What is Damage Source exactly and how does it play into Damage Type?
More specifically if the blunt hands does blunt damage (naturally) yet its damage source is brute magical and a creature is weak to blunt yet resistant to magical how does that play out?
And what is the  Brute damage source exactly.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if its a bit hard to understand.

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Hrm, the "Damage Source" determines what stat or stat combination affects your damage output. Physical is strength-based; Magical is intelligence-based, and Magical (Charisma) is half intelligence, have charisma (I think). I am not sure what Brute is (a quick search shows only Transmology Hands having this), but if I were to guess, I would say it is probably some flat rate unaffected by your stats, only factors related to the damage type.

"Damage Type" are things like fire, cold, cutting, blunt, asphyxiation, poison, etc. This makes your damage output dependent upon your own buffs and your target's resistances for that particular damage type.

So when you see a "magical" denizen resistance, it means the damage type.
  • Thanks! Cleared it right up for me. Still curious about the Brute source damage though, but I'll take what I can get.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Brute source means that it is affected by Strength.
    Magic source means that it is affected by Int.