Harvester for MUSHclient

EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
edited March 2015 in Mechanic's Corner
Okay guys. So in my spare time over the past week I've been dabbling with forces I ought not to Lua and have produced a basic, functional harvester for MUSHclient (hence the thread's clever title). Now, I'm not some aficionado of code that can make things beautiful and perfect, but after some rigorous bouts of testing I can confirm that -this works to the extent it should- as far as I can tell.

Provided it's 1) something of a necessity for herbalists in the market and 2) really, really ugly code once you take it apart, I'm offering it for the low cost of free. Feel free to let me know if you try it out, and a testimonial or two as to how well it handles would be great if you have the time! I expect someone, somewhere finding a way to break it, which for me will be great practice, so don't be shy at pinging me.

Download the plugin [here], and hhelp will be your guide.

I should also note that, if you saw my Real World Rave a few days ago about the little utility that nudged me into this project, the same is available as part of this plugin. Nothing huge, but ab <herb> will give a countdown to said herb's peak and hibernation months. Not included are restrictions based on 'flanking' months (the month before/after hibernation), so use caution and check your herbs if for some reason you don't want to pick things kinda out of season (though if you know what you're doing, is not a problem).

Also, users of this plugin are morally obligated to help me replant the world over, just sayin'.

;))
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    So, what does it do?

• obviously, it harvests herbs. That's why it's called Harvester! You check PLANTS in a room, and it immediately springs into action (provided harvesting is enabled), pick pick picking away, trimming everything down to an orderly count of five per room.
    • on checking the DATE, it will automagically restrict herbs in their hibernation cycles. Never worry about referencing tables or trudging through ABs to make sure what you're picking is safe to pick.
    • don't want to pick something else? Then don't! Allows you to freely restrict and un-restrict herbs as you will. Yes, this even means that you really -could- pick things during hibernation, if you like to walk on the wild side. Or if you'd rather not gather all of that marjoram when you just want coltsfoot, boom! One alias and it's done. The plugin also immediately restricts herbs when you've filled your rift, to prevent mishaps.
    • prints data relevant to herbs within their ability file - gives a countdown to the month of its peak and hibernation, allowing you to time your harvests. Need juniper for a health keg? See instantly if you're better off getting it now, or waiting a few days for it to pass hibernation. Wanting to replant the flax crops? Check to see if it will prove to be wasted time today, tomorrow, whenever.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I fully plan to give this a whirl! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for someone coding things for Mush!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I still miss MUSH :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited March 2015
    Known issue #1

• the 'stop picking this' on full rift trigger is effective in that, indeed, it does stop picking this. However, the solution is clunky when the last herb you picked is also last in line for the room - nothing else will be picked, but 'I see no 0 here' and other silly things are returned on the next balance. Moving to another room (and proceeding to harvest) corrects this, but eventually I'll delve in and find a more elegant solution than SET EVERYTHING TO NIL AND PRAY.
    Still works, but could be refined.

-

edited February 2016
    Doop boop dawoop nothing to see here.

-

• Eritheyl said:
    Okay guys. So in my spare time over the past week I've been dabbling with forces I ought not to Lua and have produced a basic, functional harvester for MUSHclient (hence the thread's clever title). Now, I'm not some aficionado of code that can make things beautiful and perfect, but after some rigorous bouts of testing I can confirm that -this works to the extent it should- as far as I can tell.

Provided it's 1) something of a necessity for herbalists in the market and 2) really, really ugly code once you take it apart, I'm offering it for the low cost of free. Feel free to let me know if you try it out, and a testimonial or two as to how well it handles would be great if you have the time! I expect someone, somewhere finding a way to break it, which for me will be great practice, so don't be shy at pinging me.

Download the plugin [here], and hhelp will be your guide.

I should also note that, if you saw my Real World Rave a few days ago about the little utility that nudged me into this project, the same is available as part of this plugin. Nothing huge, but ab <herb> will give a countdown to said herb's peak and hibernation months. Not included are restrictions based on 'flanking' months (the month before/after hibernation), so use caution and check your herbs if for some reason you don't want to pick things kinda out of season (though if you know what you're doing, is not a problem).

Also, users of this plugin are morally obligated to help me replant the world over, just sayin'.

;))
    Thank you, Eritheyl! I will in turn replant. :D