Reincarnation Help! - Poll - Take 2

edited March 2015 in Q&A
So after coming back, I've had some trouble deciding on what would be the most ideal race for my situation to reincarnate into. Halp meh D:
-Some Info-
Class: Shadowdancer
Interests: Bashing, primarily.
Combat: Secondary, I only really do it when I'm bored, or when I absolutely have to.
RP: Does not factor at all into my decision, as I have a racehat for the race I wish to remain as.

Basically, I want a race that would give me the most benefit while bashing, while also still at least being viable for Shadowdancer combat. (I'm a healer, not a hexen)

Comments

• Kephera are allowed in Glom?
  • edited March 2015
    (Voted myself for Keph, cause it's the one I'm leaning most towards- just seeking for others' opinions, maybe to convince me otherwise)

--[ Recommended Races]--------------------------------------------------------
    elfen        furrikin     lucidian
    faeling      human        mugwump    

--[ Neutral Races]------------------------------------------------------------
    aslaran      igasho       krokani      orclach      trill
    dracnari     illithoid    loboshigaru  tae'dae      viscanti
    dwarf        kephera      merian       taurian

--[ Restricted Races]---------------------------------------------------------
    None.

Guessing it's because Glom aren't hostile with Northerners now. But oh well. Racehat woooo.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    What kind of PvP participation are you planning on? 

I'd say Kephera if low levels (defense/domoths etc)
    Merian if high level

Kephera have always been allowed in Glomdoring, they just need to prove their loyalty, usually by slaughtering the hives (and @Xenthos always makes sure that happens)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'd say wait till the Racial overhaul, otherwise, go kephera.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited March 2015
    Synkarin said:

What kind of PvP participation are you planning on? 

I'd say Kephera if low levels (defense/domoths etc)
    Merian if high level

Kephera have always been allowed in Glomdoring, they just need to prove their loyalty, usually by slaughtering the hives (and @Xenthos always makes sure that happens)
    I'd personally been leaning towards Keph, just for the easy mode tankiness that it provides for bashing (since they can also benefit from great robes)... I hate influencing with a passion, so I won't be doing that at all, unless my awkward play times somehow line up with a revolt or something.

Regarding PVP... Probably not much outside of domoths. I heard SD doesn't really need any EQ bonuses (that merian/aslaran/mugwump) gives to actually kill people, unless they're hexes (which I'm not), which pretty much gave me another point to Kephera...

Can you elaborate why you say Merian at higher levels? Is it just because of the EQ bonuses? I don't really wanna waste my reincarnate, since I'm not exactly loaded with credits.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    I may be late on this but Merian is great because you get the really high int (base 16) plus a 14% eq bonus. Nightgaze/Nightkiss has a base equilibrium of around 4.5 seconds compared to mages/druids at 3.5 and bards at (i think) 2.5. The flip side is that it has the highest base damage formula of the group and nightgaze has fantastic damage typing for pvp. So merian will give you the highest damage (16 int) at the fastest speed, the 1 int does surpass the extra 7% bonus mugwump provides. In group PVP I just blast people with Nightgaze, my damage was better than Shuyin/Synkarin destruction spam you hear so many people complain about. 

To kill people solo, should you ever go into that, you'll need a fast race to sneak in a lash after you final twist. Neutral equilibrium won't cut it. 

You're PVE is pretty much going to universally suck. SDs are bottom of the barrel when it comes to PVE. Both slow and crappy PVE attacks with split damage typing (which is universally worse than single damage type PVE attacks). So just embrace the suckage, your race is going to only have marginal impact here. I suggest wump/merian so you at least suck at a faster pace. 

Keph isn't terrible, but you have Nightkiss and under the current DMP system you are pretty tanky as any race. Keph only offers some blunt/cutting resistance which is situationally useful. I'm assuming you are going healer so you'll have a health aura as well so unless you are planning bashing things that far exceed your level, keph doesn't offer you much. You also have drink which is phenomenal (it's basically an extra health sip every time it tics at a rate of twice the health sip recovery time, whatever that is). For example, I tanked Shuyin, Synkarin, and Vadi (all heavily artied min/max PKers) all destruction spamming me as a merian with a 20% weakness to destruction. Of course, I did use HEAL ME in healing to keep up but drink, health aura, and SD damage resistance did most of the work. Keph would have done nothing for me.

Penumbra and beauty enchantment let you keep up 2 auras without sipping as a non demi. Even in PVP you'll never really need more than 4, which is stretching it. You can keep up 4 as a demigod with off prime regen, penumbra, and beauty with just sparkleberry, which you'll be using regardless because you are in PVP. High ego pools aren't really impactful to healers. 

Your race choice, IMO, should support your weaknesses. As SDs are already supremely tanky, being a situationally tankier keph isn't really worth what you give up playing a wump/merian. 

If anyone disagrees with me, they are wrong. I am the Night. 

P.S. Is that the list of recommended SD races? Terrible. Human is crap. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Maybe someone should take power and change it ;)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I could never do that. You know me, I just hate leadership positions.  :^o