Curio Power Ideas

edited October 2012 in Ideas
Post ideas for new curio powers. The more utilitarian, the better!

Comments

• Are you looking collection powers or new types of curios (or both?)
  • edited October 2012
    Not sure how well this would work out (or if you want to put much work into this) but maybe something along the lines of a 'mob'  type/collection.
    The mob curio itself would give a small bonus while fighting against the related mob while the collection, small set of related mobs, would give a power related to the group

Example:
      Astral mob collection. Set of 12 curios, one for each sphere that makes up an AstralPlane collection, that would give you a small damage bonus while having the respective curio (Aries curio would help against Aries mobs). Collection would be something like a minor sanity bonus.

Again, this is probably a more extreme end of the idea and not sure if you would want a 12 curio collection either.

• Family curios, gained by earning honour! This way, Ragniliff will win the game.

For example, would a guild be able to have emotes, auras or abilities tied to a curio...? I imagine that would be something an org would have to buy, and then devise a way to gain them fairly. I like the idea of having exclusive curios, which are open to certain groups of people: an org, guild, order, family, race. Not even sure how feasible that is, or whether curios were designed to 'collect them all' and therefore be available to everyone?
  • Manse curios that function like a miniature archway for manses. It gives your manse a single ambient if it's rooted there. ( yes I know this is much like the clock curio and whatnot, but I want more of them).

A curio that is locked in place in a manse and randomly reacts when people enter the room. (Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a ruby statue of an efreet glaring at you. You turn in amazement, but see nothing out of the ordinary)

• Bashing attack curios. A curio that when assembled can be wielded as a weapon and be pointed or swung at mobs to release an attack of a particular damage type.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Teleporting curios? Gives an added message when you poof away.

A curio that's 10 buff cutting? There is one for 10 blunt, and 5/5, but nothing for just cutting.

Or an ultra rare curio set that would add the weight you can get with demigod powers.

• I just want to say no to the demi-weight curio. We don't need another type of curio that people will feel forced to get for the benefit.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For the reference, agreeing to the +10 cutting curio, it's annoying how it's missing.

No to the demi-weight curio though.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Influence buffs? Perhaps even buffs for influencing a specific type of mob, if possible (e.g. orc, undead, loboshigaru, etc.).
  • a curio set for each city and commune maybe?

would give you a little more power when collecting essence? Increase your movement speed around the city or commune? Give an ambient message in tone with your city? Another 200 charge curio? Makes buffs last a little bit longer?

Just throwing out ideas..
  • Maybe a curio that would give you a little esteem for putting a specific type of essence in a nexus.

• I would love to see alternate bashing attack curios.

No to demi-weight.  Influence also does not need ANY further buffs, it is already nuts because of the mistake of letting ikons buff it. Gogo super speed XP.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited January 2013
    I'd love to see a curio that has an x% chance that your attacks will deal an additional y (figure determined by admin, either a flat number or % of attack damage) inserttypehere damage.

Yes, we have a few weapon runes for Knights/Monks that do certain attacks, but those are limited in number, and there's tons of casters with gimped setups. You could have one for every damage type (magic/fire/poison/psychic/etc.etc.) with the Vernal/Soulless being the Divinus/Excorable ones.

For balance purpose feel free to have these only work against denizens if necessary.

Edit: Also curios that have a % chance to resist/reduce the duration of a certain affliction. Stun/Paralysis/Blind/Deafness/Blackout etc.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or in the artifact thread, but... you know, curios are a little more accessible than arties, and I wanted these to be kinda accessible. So here goes:

Ikon Curio set. Four items, someone please reflavor these things if you're going to actually use them:

Ikon Bundler:
    Once completed, you can activate this curio once per Lusternian month to generate an ikon bundle, which holds up to 50 ikons. Archive your unused ikons, sell your excess ikons in the store, or convert a full pack of 50 into a curio piece.
    Syntax:
    BUNDLE (bundleID) ADD ikonID [ikonID ikonID...]: Put one or more ikons into the bundle object.
    BUNDLE (bundleID) LOOK: Shows all ikons in the bundle object.
    BUNDLE (bundleID) CONVERT: Converts a full bundle object into a curio piece from the ikon set.

Gestalt Globe:
    Once completed, you can activate this curio once per Lusternian month to generate a gestalt holder, which stores up to 9 ikons in a valid gestalt configuration. Switch gestalts with ease, sell full gestalts in the store, or lend them out to your friends.
    Syntax:
    HOLDER (holderID) NAME name: Names a gestalt holder (ex "Influence" "Battle")
    HOLDER (holderID) DEFINE ikonID ikonID ikonID [ikonID ikonID...]: Defines a gestalt from ikons in your list.
    HOLDER (holderID) DEFINE CURRENT: Defines a gestalt from your currently used ikons
    HOLDER (holderID) ACTIVATE: Switches your current gestalt to the one in the holder. Your current set goes back into your list.
    HOLDER (holderID) LEND TO person: Gives the holder to a person. That person may use the provided gestalt for one battle, at which point it resets to the owner. 

Ikon Stage
    Once completed, you can activate this curio to see the activation messages for an ikon.
    Syntax:
    STAGE ikonID (SUCCESS/FAILURE): Shows the message associated with an ikon.

Ikon Reinterpreter
    Once completed, you can activate this curio to convert three ikons into a random ikon, with a rarity based on the ikons consumed.
    Syntax:
    REINTERPRET ikonID ikonID ikonID

Full Set Bonus: Activate once per Lusternian month to generate a random ikon.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I like those ideas! Curios already have a huge impact on the game/combat, more aesthetic or mini-game based powers would be best.
  • A minor buff to offerings.

Aetherbubble-specific ikons, which allow you to hear/be heard from that bubble, like an aetherbubble-specific Omniscience. Only one active at a time, perhaps.

Something to speed up linking, or increase your reserve limit. That might be getting a bit close to combat-oriented, though, and already has artifacts.

Buffs to the creation of items, like a weaker BeauteousWorkings? Does anyone except Xenthos actually have that?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    No.

I know this because when I learned & used it, it was bugged in a few different ways. :P
    Also... do we really need more curios?

I mean, I'm almost done with them.  I was kind of looking forward to a break.

You wouldn't wish to subject me to further torment, would you? :(
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    Also... do we really need more curios?

I mean, I'm almost done with them.  I was kind of looking forward to a break.

You wouldn't wish to subject me to further torment, would you? :(
    Agreed. We have too many curios as is. It's starting to get painful at this point.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But...but...revenuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue :P
    Quest curios are not revenue generators!

They just spam my curio list.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'd personally rather see the *chem and *wood specs come out before any further curios... preferably in a way that doesn't involve destroying an entire room with 10p. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

If we had to have some curios, maybe sets or curios that increased damage against mobs in a certain area. So like an inner worm curio will increase damage against mobs in the prison.

• I think we've hit a delightful level of curios for the time being. A little break for people who were not there for the release of each set so they can catch up would be excellent. That way all can revel in the glory that is curio.

Too many more could lead to curio overload which inevitability leads to curio rage which is always followed by curio hate crimes and then finally, curio inspired suicide bombings.

Eventually the curios will become sentient and be a greater threat to the basin then broken seals. Of course having enough time to shower them with love and adoration would head all of that off.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Can we have more curios like the first set, the ones you can anchor and touch for random messages?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, the first set was by far the most fun and interesting set!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    duuuh
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Curios that allow for entrance/exit messages, please!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback