Is RP dead?

2»

Comments

• Milune said:

I'm just always afraid if I approach people they'll be like, "Wtf, who are you. Go hunt or influence, leave me alone."

I really dislike reaching out so I tend to stay in a small circle of people. Which most likely stunts my RP, as in my Halli-alt where I have no friends.

Many of us started out that way. Even if somebody does answer that way, it's really quite fine! Keep asking around, and somebody will want to play for a bit. Every single person who does will surprise you, with what they come up with.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Tarkenton said:

You know, I'm just going to start hanging out in Halifax.

Please bring the Wyrden girls with you. 
  • edited March 2015
    Tarkenton said:

I hope you mean the cloudy city and not Canada I'd love to bug you play with you in Hallifax.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zitto said:

Tarkenton said:

Please bring the Wyrden girls with you. 
    Brb rolling Shadowskank.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There's a bunch of people I want to RP with, but I can't work out how to approach it. Especially people Nikka betrayed by going to Mag.

• Qistrel said:

There's a bunch of people I want to RP with, but I can't work out how to approach it. Especially people Nikka betrayed by going to Mag.

Hate RP.
    is dead like the dodo
    But I RPed with you and it was fun!

• edited March 2015
    I RPed tonnes. However a lot of it is self-delusion and self-charging in that you have to be so into your own RP and believe in it so much that you role-play even -if no one is there in the room with you-. If you don't think there is enough RP around, then compensate, and do ALOT of role-play. Also, RPWHO should be used more often.
  • To clarify, I don't mean. I hate Roleplay. @Qistrel I mean conflict driven RP. (i.e trash talking and casting shade)
    is dead like the dodo
  • It is never rude to say ``Hello.''
    Reality is another place.
    Evil is not a winning strategy.
    </RANT>
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Definitely not dead. Chill in Glomdoring until

o One of us Vira types pounce on you, pull spiders out of your ears for tricks, and make you do things.
    o Tarkenton/Illidaen drags the new/mid/highbies out hunting
    o Plus there's always the QuietOrationSpeechThing always ongoing at the nexus c/o the Nocht types who stand there(they're talking I swear).
    o 999999 other things happen when you go out of your way to talk to people. Don't  :)

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hey, I do more then hunt with them. I also rp at them and work to instill Glomvalues as we go. Granted, with combat, move and cure spam, some of it gets lost, but I like to think I'm imparting Glomthink overall.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Someone has been sending Trem a lot of letters trying to convert her to the Light.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I do wish people would use RPWHO more often. I admit I often forget to turn it on.. would be nice if it remained on until you turned it off, despite logging out.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It's definitely used about as much as sparwho, who didn't call that.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hey, I use sparwho. And rpwho. So...point proven I suppose.
    Trigger it to turn on when you log in. :D