Dingbat Artifact Ideas

edited February 2013 in Ideas
Since this kind of thread is bound to show up sooner or later, I figure here's one while I have a particularly nice idea that would really make collectors happy:

A gnomish gizmo that can be attached to a curio piece or partial curio, becoming a random missing piece out of that same particular set.

Ideally priced at 50dbs, this would not only alleviate the headache collectors encounter for not spawning that one last piece they need, it would also serve as a dingbat draw. Since it can only attach to an existing original piece or partial, building a whole curio out of these gizmos would cost 450dbs (since you'd need nine or less) and be competitively priced to still encourage collecting while providing an out for the desperate.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Something along these lines would be amazingly nice when you're down to one piece out of 40 remaining, and you just keep generating duplicates of those other 39 for weeks.
  • Supported
  • edited November 2014
    [Moved]

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No Tamagotchis, please.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • :p Too late for that, I think, what with beasts and all.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)