m&m system & questions thread

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Running that vlua thing, I found this.

["lost_baba yaga"] = "function: 0D2FCDD8",

Am I missing a defense that lets me fly around in a mortar and pestle?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Wiccan broom.
  • Heh heh.
  • While I already notified @Vadi of the change, I thought it important to leave something here.
    The cleave line for knighthood has been changed. @Estarra can you start asking your staff to put changelogs when it affects combat like this?

I would advise adding the following line under m&m -> Knighthood -> Gate
    ^Cleaving through your defences, \w+ makes a slow, deadly strike at your .+ with .+?(?:\.|, and you partially (?:parry|block) the blow with .+?\.) (.+)$

The old one has defenses (new one has defences), so the trigger wouldn't match.
  • It's so simple to make triggers that work for the current spelling and the correct spelling, if you're paying attention when you set them up. You really want to be notified every time a single-letter typo causes a trigger in your combat system to have a little hiccup?

• I'll put out the update this weekend - but yes, these changes should be communicated beforehand.
  • After borking the last update, my m&m is listing lowmagic in my defups, when I'm highmagic now. How do I fix that?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I think that's for the ability to skillflex. As long as you don't keepup or defup any lowmagic defs, it won't activate, and as long as you set your green/gedulah and the summer/orange(?) to the right one, the system won't use the wrong one either.

• Ah! I didn't know this thread existed, I mistakenly posted a question/bug in the updates thread, so I'll re-post it here.

I'm using the influencing addon, and I'm not 100% sure that this is the way that it should work - I enter the command "charity/weaken/empower", etc. and a target, but I don't begin influencing until the next time that a line is passed to the client, like when I send any other command. I assumed it would instantly start the process, but maybe not?
  • edited March 2015
    I think that's for the ability to skillflex. As long as you don't keepup or defup any lowmagic defs, it won't activate, and as long as you set your green/gedulah and the summer/orange(?) to the right one, the system won't use the wrong one either.

No, I mean it has replaced my Highmagic skills in the defup table. I can't seem to set my highmagic skills. Somehow it thinks I'm an Illuminati with Lowmagic.

Also, @Varyx, that's just the way it works. Systems process stuff from the prompt line. If you just hit enter without sending anything (so it gives you a new prompt) it will kick in.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Everyone should have high magic and lowmagic enabled by default I think. If I had to guess you hide the highmagic defs.

There's a config to show it again, but I don't remember it off hand and I'm at work. Did you try doing a defup, like malkuth?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I have. And it's very strange. After EVOKE MALKUTH, looking at my defs m&m thinks it's the lowmagic counterpart (Red).

If I do a def with no counterpart (yesod), it doesn't even try to put it on the table:

Yeah, you'd have to email Vadi then, if highmagic was just hidden, the defline would still be gagged I believe.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Will do. Thanks anyway, guys. :)

• Seems like this isn't the worst place to bring this up, cover my bases.  I bought the system but accidentally gave the wrong email address suffix so I never actually got the package.  I sent an email but this seems like a morevisible place to ask what else I might do to take care of it as quick as possible.  Until I can rectify it somehow I'm kinda out of both luck and twenty bucks.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    send Vadi a message in game as well.
  • Is there a way to set cure priorities for an individual affliction?

If I have focus body on then I use it over dust for paralysis and die.  If I have it off then when I get throat locked the whole system shuts down and I die.  I'm trying to figure out how to prioritize it so I use dust for paralysis but still focus body on things that require it.
  • You'll actually want to use focus body for paralysis. There is no advantage for using dust over focus body for paralysis, except for 250 mana saved. If you use dust instead, in fact, it will take up an extra herb balance which could have been used to cure something else, and which, as you mentioned yourself, can be blocked by cure-blocking affs.

If you're dying because you use focus body, the cause isn't focus body. You'll want to look through the logs in more detail, or ask someone to help you with them to find the problem.

• Recently I've discovered that the auto-imbue (mmconfig figurine) is not working. Is that taken out of the recent update? Also, the re-wield effect doesn't seem to work, and I'm actually wondering how you set that up, since there isn't anything in your lovely manual. Please let me know!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • My issue with focus body is mainly that it takes a while.  I don't have much in discipline.

That may not be as huge an issue as I'm feeling like it is, I've almost exclusively done monk-on-monk fighting and in monkfighting a couple seconds paralyzed completely wrecks your offense and lets the other guy boost up to murder mode.
  • The same delay happens with eating dust. It is not instant either. Curing from paralysis in Lusternia has always had a delay.

Learning more discipline will make your focusing faster, it gets pretty long at low discipline

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2015
    I have a question if anyone can help me. :/

Most times when m&m does echoes (ie checks new names on QW etc) it displays bell symbols instead of new lines.. the prompt equally gets moved to who-knows-where. Does that sound familiar to anyone? Any idea how to solve that? Using Mudlet 2.1

EDIT: Meh. So the moment I post this and decide to fiddle with shiny custom prompts instead is the moment it solves itself. Seems like using a custom prompt does the trick. Hell if I understand why. Maybe Lusternia prompts are buggy. grumble.

• edited April 2015
    Oh, dreadfully sorry, wrong thread #-o
    I think you posted in the wrong thread @Donato

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Salome said:

Recently I've discovered that the auto-imbue (mmconfig figurine) is not working. Is that taken out of the recent update? Also, the re-wield effect doesn't seem to work, and I'm actually wondering how you set that up, since there isn't anything in your lovely manual. Please let me know!

Auto-imbue is still there! I've got it working for me. You have set mmconfig figurine, yeah?

Rewielding is automatic, just mmconfig autorewield on and the system tracks what you're wielding - and when you get forcefully unwielded, it'll put it back up.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    I actually do not use autorewield (well, I have a grip rune now but I didn't use to) because that command is really super buggy -- and it would even ignore curing priorities to keep trying to rewield nil.

Just a heads up. Sorry I'd never reported it before!

if it's 'ignoring' priorities, it's probably because your priorities are set up weird and it's actually following them as you have them, but the only time that should happen is in aeon/sap when you can only perform one action at a time, so you might have to check your priorities on that one

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.