This is either madness, or brilliance...

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Miles must a man walk."

You say, "That statement lacks sense."

Tremula rolls her eyes.

You say, "Considering the plethora of ways one can move without walking, why would a man walk any miles?"

Eventide Opus Tremula, the Nightingale's Crescendo says, "Aggressive species of cave-fisher that are slightly tougher than the normal variety, my dear."

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Hunting gnomes, hamsters..."

Eventide Opus Tremula, the Nightingale's Crescendo says to Elodres, "Stop waxing philosophical. I don't need more people around me talking in riddles."

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Lots of reasons to use your legs, dear Prelude."

Ellowyn enters from the east, emanating an aura of immense power.

Elodres frowns slightly and pinches his arm.

Elodres playfully pinches you on the behind.

Nikkakorra snorts the air while twitching a scaled fink nose.

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Could use a bit of walking, really."

Nikkakorra snickers softly to herself.

Nikkakorra snorts the air while twitching a scaled fink nose.

You say to Elodres, "Firstly, I am the epitome of perfection. Secondly, you didn't need a paltry excuse to touch me."

Tremula gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "To eldores Asking works just as well."

You say to Elodres, "Also, you may wish to correct the break in your essence."

Eventide Opus Tremula, the Nightingale's Crescendo says to Ellowyn, "I can't wait until your mother meets him."

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Break in my essence?"

Ellowyn d'Murani says to Tremula, "Who?"

Tremula jerks her head towards Rawth, smiling faintly.

You say to Elodres, "You are hemorrhaging necromantic energy. Not enough to be noticable, but you will begin to feel weak if it continues."

Eventide Opus Tremula, the Nightingale's Crescendo says, "Two epitomes of perfection in one guild? That's an opera just waiting to be written."

Nikkakorra tilts her head curiously.

Comprehension flashes across Elodres's face.

Elodres shakes himself vigorously, sending wisps of fur flying everywhere.

Rawth turns his gaze on Elodres, the white flecks glowing eerily.

You say to Elodres, "We all have our talents, after all."

Disciple Nikkakorra, Caretaker of the Blood says, "And I thought that leaving the forest meant I wouldn't have to deal with fur."

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Perhaps my draining of necromantic energy is really just a sign of my strength, dear Prelude."

You say to Elodres, "If so, then I admit it is a brazen strategy. Especially given that you were not even aware of it yourself so in all likelihood no one else is either."

Tremula raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "Then again, perhaps you were aware and are just quite skilled at appearing innocent."

You say, "Then it is the most ingenious ruse ever."

Nikkakorra gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "And yet you managed to notice this small amount of energy, which says more about your own strength than it does mine, dear Prelude."

Ellowyn d'Murani says to Tremula, "I'm not sure if she will kill him, or adopt him."

Eventide Opus Tremula, the Nightingale's Crescendo says to Ellowyn, "No, if she wants him dead I suppose that's my job now."

You say to Elodres, "Not necessarily. As I said, we all have our talents."

You say to Tremula, "I would certainly hope that you are not tasked with killing me. You seem a fairly interesting sort, and I do so hate killing people before I've gotten the chance to really know them. It lacks intimacy, I'm sure you agree."

Nikkakorra blinks.

Ellowyn gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Tremula's sevenfold eye spins slowly as she turns her gaze to you, smiling with an innocence that never touches her eyes.

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "Somewhat brazen for a Prelude to conclude he has any talents. Have you put in any appreciable amount of practice on your little wooden lute, little cacophonist?"

Ellowyn leaves to the south, emanating an aura of immense power.

Rawth reaches down to pluck the strings expertly, fingers dancing across the instrument with a ruthless desire. The melody grows, encompassing everyone in the room as the deep keening notes pull at the edge of your senses. Finally, with a final powerful strum of the strings, wind explodes within the room, blowing the scattered tendrils of hair into a whirlwind before disappearing into the distance.

You say to Elodres, "Maybe a little."

Elodres D'Cente, Fist of Luciphage says, "A Prelude, challenging the Crescendo and the Fist..."

Elodres tugs his chin thoughtfully.

You say to Elodres, "I know. I could either be the greatest warrior or alive, or absolutely insane."

You say to Elodres, "I myself do not even know the truth. We shall discover it together."

Special thanks to Elodres, Tremula, Nikkakorra, and Ellowyn for both going along and not killing me :)

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ooooh. We definitely do need to meet and test the theory of whether you would be killed or adopted. This could be highly entertaining. I will keep an eye out for you I think ;)

• I will certainly do my best you lovely Guild-Mistressy type person, but being such a perfect specimen of Bardification I find my time quite occupied most days. Still! Knowing you are already such a monumental fan, I shall adjust my calendar forthwith!!

:)