Nightmarish Revelations

PhulbelishiPhulbelishi Member Posts: 102 Adept
A fairly short log, but one wherein Manteekan reveals His ideals to a hungry mugwump and Forest overall.

---

A haunting chill fills the air as eerie whispers flit away from the tomb which murmur, "Hello, child."

You smile impishly and say, "And hello to You, my Lord."

A dark haze floats through your mind as the breath is sucked from your lungs, and you gasp desperately for air. A maniacal laughter rings in your ears as Manteekan slowly coalesces before you and your breathing resumes once more.

Running His finger over His lips, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Such frail things, you mortals."

You have emoted: Phulbelishi lifts a hand to his throat, clutching at it with wide eyes until the air returns to his lungs. Unsure, shaken, he slowly eases back into his composure and dips into a low bow.

You murmur, "So we are, Lord."

Grasping the front of your face with His icy hands, your cheeks squished inward, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "Yet so, so resilient, I hear."

Through laughably distended lips, you say, "We can only try our best, Lord. Bolstered by the Wyrd, undoubtedly those of the Glomdoring are most resilient of all."

Releasing your face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And here I thought that We, the Elders, were the cherished children of Dynara. Just look at how the Fates watch over and protect your lot."

You glance askance.

Circling about you, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "And such useful tools they have made because of this."

Kneeling down to your eye level, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "You all have asked of Me My ideals child. I do suppose I could flesh them out a bit for you now."

Raising one finger before His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "One, I do whatever it takes to win."

Placing the same finger under your jaw, lifting your chin towards Him, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Two, one must be cunning to follow Myself."

A wry grin growing upon His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Three, and this is My favorite, duplicity."

Phulbelishi stares expectantly, enthralled, eyes aglow with that characteristic gleam of hunger. "Duplicity, Lord?" he asks, unblinking.

Manteekan winks knowingly.

Placing a finger over His lips, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Lies are powerful tools, child."

Removing His finger from below your chin, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And lastly, drive. I do not take laziness say lightly."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "All in the name of victory, though, child."

Amusement growing over His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Which is why the Wyrd intrigues Me so. Such power, such possibility, just waiting to be unleashed."

Repeating those few last words quietly, Phulbelishi closes his eyes in quick recollection of all that You have imparted. "Lord," he finally interrupts, "is it Your wish to see these things conveyed to the Forest, or shall others come to learn of their own volition?"

Patting you firmly on the shoulder, His fingers digging into your flesh, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Please do, child. I would rather not wish to repeat Myself."

Now standing rigid and zealous, even if a bit affected by Your touch, you say, "It will be done."

You say, "And..."

Loosening His grip, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "I will settle for nothing less if I am to take up shaping any of you into My weapons. Any who wish to approach Me should not do so lightly."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Tapping you on the forehead, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And victories are won on more than just the battlefield."

You have emoted: Phulbelishi's smile persists, both grim and satisfactory in the same instance.

His tone shifting as He circles about you, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And did you need anything, child? You seemed rather persistent on standing about My Fulcrux and inhaling so loudly, after all."

Bowing his head, you say, "I would ask only if my prayers have reached You, Lord. Of the dream scrawled and buried in swamp and soil."

Curiosity spreading across His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "It seems your words did not reach Me, but tell Me more."

You say, "In the cloying muck have I planted the leavings of waking dreams - a sketch. If You would only ask it of me, I would sojourn to retrieve it and give it unto You for appraisal."

His features unshifting, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, do child."

You nod solemnly.

- running to the place -

- getting the thing-

- returning with the thing -

(it's His symbol as a tattoo design)

After picking off a few more bits of clinging swamp-matter, you give a rough bark scroll to Manteekan, the Nightmare.

You bow respectfully to Manteekan.

His eyes flicking between the scroll and yourself, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "For such a foul looking thing, you do have an eye for beauty."

Locking Manteekan in an uncomfortable stare, you slowly blink one eye and then the other.

You say, "Your words honour me, Lord."

Manteekan gives a rough bark scroll to you.

Feigning disinterest, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "It would be fine if you were to distribute this inking."

With a slight laughter to His tone, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "If only to beautify your own form, of course."

You have emoted: Failing to hide his smugness, a stupid grin worms its way across the mugwump's features. Tucking the scroll away safely, Phulbelishi says, "It will be done."

Patting you on the head forcefully, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "Good work, child. I am sure the other children of the Forest shall enjoy it so."

You say, "Though they are of lesser concern, such a thing would also be well-received. I am simply glad that it has found Your approval."

Running His hand over your shoulders as He circles about you, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "Such a useful little thing you are, indeed."

Suddenly pulling back from you, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Now, do run along. Be sure those who would wish to learn of them know of My ideals."

You crease your brow in grim determination.

Hollowly, you say, "It will be done."

You kneel before Manteekan and touch your head to the ground in worship.

You reach out to Mother Night and feel her cold breath surround you.

You say, "And...thank You, Lord. Ever so much."

You feel yourself drawn to Mother Night's bosom.
A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."

Comments

  • PhulbelishiPhulbelishi Member Posts: 102 Adept
    Daraius said:

    You Gloms keep using my things for your icky stuff.  ~X(

    Hey, icky people are still paying customers! EMBRACE US.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
Sign In or Register to comment.