Health-Mana-Ego

Just as a reminder (as we didn't get much comment on it), we will be moving towards a 10 level system for health/mana ego boosts as outlined earlier per this proposal.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't know that there is as much of a concern about this as a general system as there is about things like the DMP conversion, the stat conversion, and the regeneration conversion.

It may be that if the levels are too low for skills (so it's really hard to get past, say, five or six levels) then you'll hear comments in that regard.  But as long as it's relatively easy for the general population to hit around six levels to each, and then min-maxers to get to between 8 and 10 (pre-artifacts) based on their guild skills, everyone's going to be pretty happy.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't know, the ability for every class to get to 12k health seems a bit nuts

especially considering that damage is about to be nerfed significantly

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited June 2015
    Synkarin said:
    I don't know, the ability for every class to get to 12k health seems a bit nuts

especially considering that damage is about to be nerfed significantly
    That's why I said "depending on guild".  Some guilds should not be able to get there to all stats, I agree.  Such as, warriors should not be able to get to 10 mana / ego, but (utilizing Surge) should be able to get to 10 health.  Bards should be able to get to 10 ego.

I do think a Bard maxing out -every single thing available- should be able to get to 8 health & mana though.
  • Remind me how negative modifiers are going to work?
  • edited June 2015
    I'm just wondering why 12,300 as the arbitrary number for max stats? I'm just imagining that as a really long prompt; could it be tweaked to half that or so, or do the equations just not work out?

As well, I suppose it looks about standard. It's hard to tell whether it'll be good or bad without the equation to calculate it out.

Just from the linked buffs, I'm projected to have a 3/8H, 7/10M, 3/4E buff, but I don't know what that translates to.

I'm also anticipating actual numbers will be higher if +CON, +INT, and +CHA buffs all get converted to the system directly (or, some of them, at least).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I agree that 12.3k is way too high of a cap. One of the things I thought was a goal in this system, was to reduce overall health values. 12.3k is higher than I can currently get with most of my buffs up as we speak. And under the current system, everyone does more damage as is, too. I think we can afford to cut down that cap a bit more. 9-10k seems like a better absolute cap.
  • Sure we can change the formula, though my thought was that only fully artied warriors would really be able to get those top maxes. (In other words, it'd be a struggle for most to get over 8-9). But perhaps I'm naive!
  • Everyone loves big numbers. Why not go for higher h/m/e and higher damage? The mobs have to be retuned anyway.
  • Currently warriors in the game are capable of reaching 14-15,000 HP on a constant basis, using short term buffs and certain races this can be pushed further up to the 20,000 health marker. We're addressing these issues by fixing at a much lower, and more manageable level of 12,300 health.

It's viable for non warriors to reach levels exceeding 10k, there are monks able to hit over 10,000 to H/M/E all at once.

Reaching 13/13 is going to be difficult, and require significant investment. It is highly unlikely that you'll see people able to hit the cap in all three fields at once, I'd like to say impossible but I'm not putting it beyond someone to figure out a way how. Bear in mind we've removed a lot of bonuses that added with each other, or gave fixed values on top, and incorporated them all into this system.

As to damage, we've reduced damage mitigation, we've gone from where the high 30's were some people's worst resistance %'s to now being as good as they can get it. We want to retain the viability of damage, while doing away with excessive burst, if abilities are too low, we've stated several times we'll adjust them.
    I feel like the cap is fine, given that it's a reduction of the outliers and that not everyone's going to be able to get to it no matter what (just like not everyone will be able to get to level 13 of damage resistances / buffs).
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm going to miss my ridiculous igasho/illithoid ebonguard HP. A lot.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Not sure if it got lost somewhere in the no-stat racial discussion, but.... what about endowments of health/mana/ego demigod powers as we'll be losing the +stat ones with the overhaul?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    @Baelor has updates on that, I believe.