Changeling Intaglio

edited June 2015 in Common Grounds
You have GOT to be joking me right?! You wanted 1000 credits to buy the changeling cameo to begin with, and now that you've made it pretty much useless for anything besides RP and maybe an occassional buff change for anyone who is NOT a demigod and you want 1000 MORE credits to upgrade it?!!??!??! I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• The cameo certainly doesn't have much use for no demigods, but it certainly does retain use in combat for demigods. It's value for non-combatants certainly was greatly lowered, since if you're just bashing, you are unlikely to need to change races much anymore.

Which is exactly what the racial overhaul aimed for. I think this discussion was had already.

Basher/Influencers most certainly don't need a cameo to optimize their bashing/influencing anymore. They can be any race they want, forgo 1k credits for the changeling, and not need to buy reinc daggers. The credit investment of cameos has gone from a "decently good" artifact even for bashers/influencers to something that is "not needed". 1k less investment needed for optimized (or close to) bashing/influencing. I don't see why it's not a good thing.

The intaglio is intended specifically for combat use of the new demigod (and arti-boosted) racial powers. Switching races around for THOSE perks are what will be the main driver for intaglio purchases, because of how niche and situational those abilities are. And dropping it from once every 24 hours to once an hour? I personally think it's worth the price tag. There are envoys other than me who think the option itself is overpowered, and shouldn't exist in the first place. But it does, and it's not cheap. Nor should it be, for the PK benefit it confers.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    See, I disagree completely

I think the cameo is just as valuable as it was pre-overhaul

The only reason to have a cameo pre-overhaul was to get better stats and racial bonues. The same is true post-overhaul. You want to bash, go Lobo, you want to influence, pick whatever  influence bonus race you want. You want certian combat uses, pick that race.

Being able to switch from once a IC month to IC day is a huge upgrade to that.

Is it needed? No, it's never been 'needed' but it sure is nice and I don't forsee using it any less than I used it before. If anything, I'll use it more now.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hrmm... I suppose that is a valid argument there Lerad. Just makes me mad since I like being a changeling so much and I feel like I was completely and totally gypped of my purchase and to even be able to upgrade it is the same price I originally paid for it, it feels very... i dunno... not nice to your customers/player base? *shrug* i'm not pleased anyhow. way too pricey for an UPGRADE. for a new purchase sure. but to upgrade something you've already put 1000 credits into, it's incredibly unfair
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Idea: Downgrade the normal cameo to 500 credits. Make the intaglio 1k.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Nyxx - the intaglio is 2k credits new, 1k to upgrade from the cameo.

I'm not sure that was clear to you.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Intaglio was requested by several envoys and I didn't see the harm in it since it requires max h/m/e to implement (to prevent switching races mid-combat). Honestly, I wasn't even planning on this artifact, and it was certainly not meant to pull the wool over anyone's eyes!
  • Oh. No I did not realize that Synkarin thanks!

well that changes things. still seems a lil pricey to me but oh well! It's not like I don't still ahve my cameo. and I love the rp aspect of being a changeling.
  • Estarra said:
    Intaglio was requested by several envoys and I didn't see the harm in it since it requires max h/m/e to implement (to prevent switching races mid-combat). Honestly, I wasn't even planning on this artifact, and it was certainly not meant to pull the wool over anyone's eyes!
    @Estarra I understand that. I didn't realize the 1000 credit upgrade price was already 50% off the total thing. you can ignore my rant! heh I stills ay it's overpriced and i'm a lil upset about changelings not being very useful iuntil demigod but hey you cant make EVERYONE happy and you guys are doing the best you can and you don't get enough credit for it.
  • @Estarra - actually that gives me an idea.... you know how it's if your not wearing your cameo you're not listed as a changeling? can we change it so that if you ARE wearing it your simply listed as Changeling being your race? Male/ Female Changeling rather than "Warbling Trill Changeling" Etc?? 
     Kinda like how you can't see a demi-gods race?