My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So what's the fire wyvern come with power wise? And the cost?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wanna say it's nothing amazing powerwise, but they're like 384k plus a quest.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2015
    Shaddus said:

I wanna say it's nothing amazing powerwise, but they're like 384k plus a quest.

Huhwha? Pretty sure last time I went wyvern shopping, I got it for something like 50k.... then again, it was some time ago.

EDIT: Also, they come with mount and fly only.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Different type of wyvern, I think? These ones are coming from the new firedancer quest, right?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Portius said:

Different type of wyvern, I think? These ones are coming from the new firedancer quest, right?

Correct.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Fire wyvern inherent is mount/fly and breathe fire - but I'm unsure if it's minorbreathe fire, or pyromancer firebreathe that phoenixes get.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's minorbreathe fire
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

Fire wyvern inherent is mount/fly and breathe fire - but I'm unsure if it's minorbreathe fire, or pyromancer firebreathe that phoenixes get.

If it were pyromancer-specific, it wouldn't show up in the beast info for players that don't have the pyromancy skill active.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  •  A tremendous viridian hydra with chitinous crimson spines coils here, two heads snapping viciously.

The tremendous serpentine form of this hydra coils about itself with sinuous grace, viridian scales 
    covering her body from top to tail. Snapping viciously at each other, two heads hiss angrily in 
    multiple octaves, ill at ease with one another. Protruding from her back are chitinous crimson 
    spines, ringed with upturned scales. Bony ridges are upon each of her heads, below which are set 
    jaundiced yellow eyes. Forked tongues taste the air at irregular intervals, flicking out with eerie 
    precision. She is called 'Eka.'
    A viridian hydra with chitinous crimson spines looks to be crushingly strong.
    She weighs about 1524 pounds.
    She is loyal to Nahual Alaksanteri Elithysius, High Priestess of Whispers.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Because everyone else posted their parrots:

a scarlet paradise parrot

Colourful and exotic to behold, a scarlet paradise parrot preens silver-feathered wings here, fragrant, lavender wind wisps dancing about his form.

Every colour the sky has ever known ornaments this extraordinarily colourful, scarlet bird, whose 
    rainbow plumage shimmers as if newly painted by the Gods. He raises his neck proudly to reveal the 
    deeply turquoise plumage of his breast, a colour which sharply contrasts against the scarlet 
    feathers on his legs and the yellow of his underbelly. His sparkling eyes of rose quartz glassy with 
    romantic notions, he fans out an impressive tail that doubles his entire length, each slender, 
    elegant plume painted a brighter shade than the last. He idly preens silver-feathered wings with his 
    strong, curved beak, which shines a lustrous pearl to match his leisurely curling talons. His rare 
    beauty unquestioned, his avian silhouette is outlined by fragrant, lavender wind wisps, dancing 
    about him in sporadic arcs.

I feel a little strange not being in the Order but being the one to produce rose quartz eyes.

a rich burgundy wyvern with churning wings of roiling shadow

Wreathed in forked tongues of carmine fire, a rich burgundy wyvern unfurls churning wings of roiling shadow here,
    carmine eyes afire with bloodlust.

Serpentine in her lissome build, this wyvern stands upon two powerful hind legs, preceded by a set
    of front legs that are smaller, but clawed and savage. Her rich burgundy hide glistens amidst forked
    tongues of carmine fire, her scales ever-wreathed in a sweltering heat that leaves the colours hazy
    and rippling like a desert mirage. Muscular and slender, the wyvern bares sharp fangs, expelling a
    puff of hot air with her long snout as she flaps churning wings of roiling shadow. She flicks her
    tail idly, carmine eyes afire with bloodlust.
    ////////////
    a saffron wyvern with velvety smooth wings

Wreathed in skittering indigo sparks, a saffron wyvern unfurls velvety smooth wings here, bright eyes shining a cool jade.

Serpentine in his lissome build, this wyvern stands upon two powerful hind legs, preceded by a set
    of front legs that are smaller, but clawed and savage. His saffron hide glistens amidst skittering
    indigo sparks, his scales ever-wreathed in a sweltering heat that leaves the colours hazy and
    rippling like a desert mirage. Muscular and slender, the wyvern bares sharp fangs, expelling a puff
    of hot air with his long snout as he flaps velvety smooth wings. He flicks his tail idly, bright
    eyes shining a cool jade.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Zimoru'd the last one. Slightly better.

Wreathed in blazing streaks of sapphire fire, a russet wyvern unfurls nebulous wings of coiling black smoke here, bright eyes shining a startling emerald.

Serpentine in his lissome build, this wyvern stands upon two powerful hind legs, preceded by a set
    of front legs that are smaller, but clawed and savage. His russet hide glistens amidst blazing
    streaks of sapphire fire, his scales ever-wreathed in a sweltering heat that leaves the colours hazy
    and rippling like a desert mirage. Muscular and slender, the wyvern bares sharp fangs, expelling a
    puff of hot air with his long snout as he flaps nebulous wings of coiling black smoke. He flicks his
    tail idly, bright eyes shining a startling emerald.
  • Complete with a purple coat, this small pony is springy. She has delicate butterfly wings, and her 
    mane cascades down the backside of her neck. Her large eyes resemble soft green pools surrounded by 
    thick white lashes.
    A purple, springy pony with delicate butterfly wings looks to be crushingly strong.

I'm so good at raising beasts.
  • Renthur said:
    Complete with a purple coat, this small pony is springy. She has delicate butterfly wings, and her 
    mane cascades down the backside of her neck. Her large eyes resemble soft green pools surrounded by 
    thick white lashes.
    A purple, springy pony with delicate butterfly wings looks to be crushingly strong.

I'm so good at raising beasts.
    i raised twilight sparkle once. purple with gold feathered wings.

then there was this pink large pony, named pinkypie.
    is dead like the dodo
  • I love that goat, @Aeldra
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The thunderbird is as large as a giant eagle, with head feathers that spread around her neck like a
    mane and tail feathers that flare out behind her. Her black, leathery wings are twice as long as the
    length of her body tip-to-tip and surrounded by raging lightning. With each beat of her wings, the
    sound of a small thunderclap echoes around her. She preens and cleans her resplendent opal feathers
    with a long curved beak, opal eyes alight with a considerate intellect.

My furst burd
    He's gorgeous :D
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I wish crows had newer variations coded in...
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    He's chemsetted. Meat, eggs, neutral is what gave me that. Been tempted to zimoru him a few times, just to see if I can get better but... Could he really get any better? XD
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I've never seen the leaf wings on a worg. That's cool.

(Not as cool as Grokus, but still cool)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    He could definitely get worse... don't wreck a good thing!
  • My goat's gotten a bit lusty after I gave her some zimoru...I'm not sure how I feel about this. Funny, though.

Gnawing on the leather bit of her reins, a shaggy, libidinous, war goat with white-feathered wings waits here.

This shaggy goat is a strong, muscled creature with a dirty, knotted fleece and white-feathered
    wings. Yellow eyes gleam libidinous, above her protruding snout, and a straggly beard hangs about
    her chin. Wagging her tail with puppyish abandon, the goat chews down on the bit of the reins with
    her jaw line twitching, covered in filthy bits of wiry hair, drool soaked and stained. A worn
    leather saddle has been fitted securely beneath the goat's shoulders, and barbed stirrups dangle
    from it.

• Gamme died from starvation.  Enough times to knock her out.  My beast is no longer better than your beast.
    </RANT>
  • Guennie said:
    My goat's gotten a bit lusty after I gave her some zimoru...I'm not sure how I feel about this. Funny, though.

Gnawing on the leather bit of her reins, a shaggy, libidinous, war goat with white-feathered wings waits here.

This shaggy goat is a strong, muscled creature with a dirty, knotted fleece and white-feathered
    wings. Yellow eyes gleam libidinous, above her protruding snout, and a straggly beard hangs about
    her chin. Wagging her tail with puppyish abandon, the goat chews down on the bit of the reins with
    her jaw line twitching, covered in filthy bits of wiry hair, drool soaked and stained. A worn
    leather saddle has been fitted securely beneath the goat's shoulders, and barbed stirrups dangle
    from it.

Still a better description than most mudsexers

• edited October 2015
    This young chimaera is the embodiment of all gone wrong in creation. Appearing as a mishmash of
    animal parts, the chimaera prowls on four massive legs, the front of which resemble a lion's mighty
    paws covered in blue wyvern scales and mighty talons, and the hind legs those of the lithe goat. A
    thick, muscular body makes up the mighty bulk of the chimaera's frame, broad and covered in
    shimmering blue scales at the torso and narrower and lithe at the haunches. A serpentine tail snakes
    from the beast's rear, serpentine in its movement and tipped with a long, stinging barb. The
    snarling head of a lion, thick with a flowing mane of ebon fur, crowns the beast's front at the
    shoulders. The eyes are light brown and a twin pair of oversized black horns curl back from the
    beast's head and twist into deadly points. She is called 'Ruel

standing: Her serpentine tail curling between four fearsome legs, a young chimaera with a smooth,
    feathery pelt crouches quietly within her surroundings

Reactions

You pat a young chimaera in a friendly manner.
    A young chimaera talons the ground with her massive, lionesque paws.

You pat a young chimaera in a friendly manner.
    A young chimaera whips about her barbed serpentine tail with a deafening crack.

You reach over to a young chimaera and itch her back.
    A young chimaera talons the ground with her massive, lionesque paws.

A young chimaera growls menacingly.

A young chimaera kicks up dust with her hind hooves, snorting derisively.

A young chimaera tosses back her long, flowing mane from her curling horns.

do all baby chimaeras look and react like this?
    is dead like the dodo
  • I wasn't going to take another horse from @Malinov, but then I saw this...

A fat, brown mare ambles about here.

This mare has a fat frame, with sleek muscles denoting speed and grace whenever she moves. She occasionally tosses her luxurious mane as she whinnies and snorts, and her brown eyes peer around dolefully, taking in the world. Her sleek coat is coloured brown, with grey wings sprouting proudly from her body. Blinking occasionally and swishing her tail, she has the forebearing look of a creature waiting for something interesting to happen. She is called 'Fatty.'