No-Stat Race System

1282930313234»

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited July 2015
    I'm not sure. Like, I was missing significantly more. To the degree that I was actually noticing it, and wondering why, and checking I was using sharpness, instead of going 'hrm, just unlucky today'. It still feels like I'm missing more than usual, but it hasn't slowed me down horribly, though, I am over 90 and getting w-s crits a lot.

BTW, are the balance speed buffs supposed to be working yet? I tried checking my balance speed yesterday and recovering balance took the same time regardless of what speed defs I had up.

• How much esteem/karma bonus gain do Humans get for level 1 perk? @baelor
  • Arcanis said:
    How much esteem/karma bonus gain do Humans get for level 1 perk? @baelor
    I don't have exact numbers for you, but a quest that used to give me around 15% karma now gives me around 20% karma.
  • edited July 2015
    Baelor said:

If you don't have Bodyscan to see this, that's fine, but I'm looking to put some context to your damage concerns. .....

Some time ago I requested that Bodyscan be moved down. It is one thing for the staff to expect players to help other players, but it is another not to give us the tools to do so. I think your recent post to @Cadica helps show that bodyscan is getting more and more critical for assessing problems.

Edit: Added this before I read Viynain and then what seemed like a dozen other posts calling for this.
  • Ieptix said:
    Miss rate is being removed with the Knight overhaul, yes.
    Please remove razz stripping speed defense when implimented.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited July 2015
    Are the speed modifiers supposed to be live?  My testing doesn't seem to show a difference between before and after I use psymet enhancement.

EDIT: Didn't see Ieptix' post about missing.

• It is possible it is live, but just a very minor effect and therefore not noticeable unless you stack enough of it. It's supposed to be live, at any rate. What you can do in the meantime is probably to wait for the bodyscan speed, which will be implemented eventually.

• I was a bit wary that I'd feel weaker after the overhaul but that doesn't seem the case. Loading up with everything to hand I can kill icedigger pits as a Lvl 96 dracnari with 11h/8m/5e buffs, 12/11/9 regen and 13 blunt, 12 cutting, 9 cold resistances. And a wand of wonder set to fire.

Losing the dwarf equilibrium penalty and the need for drunk fumbling makes things smoother.
  • Dys said:
    I was a bit wary that I'd feel weaker after the overhaul but that doesn't seem the case. Loading up with everything to hand I can kill icedigger pits as a Lvl 96 dracnari with 11h/8m/5e buffs, 12/11/9 regen and 13 blunt, 12 cutting, 9 cold resistances. And a wand of wonder set to fire. Losing the dwarf equilibrium penalty and the need for drunk fumbling makes things smoother.
    How is it you have such high resistances to blunt and cutting and cold?  I'm a warrior with trans skills in defensive abilities and my cut/blunt resist is like 2 (although I'm sure my plate armor makes up for that).  What am I missing?
  • Available (ish) to all: Kirigami, true favour, Gaudi aetherspace construct, amber beer, resistance candies, resilience skill, cold proofed robes, fire potion

Guild: Chaotesign, tempered belly, marbled skin

Artifacts: blunt resistance curio (crystal femur), L3 cutting and blunt resistance runes (only ones I have but blunt and cutting damage is very common).

Hmm. Does cosmic cloak not protect from damage any more? It doesn't show up in resistances.
  • So, while the Kephera have their gorgeous capabilities and additions, I was wondering if other races could (fitting with lore) also gain an additional 'perk' for the completion or initiation of certain quests. Example:

Aetherepic quest: Completing this quest will give an additional perk to Gnomes and Fink, as they are quite literally stated to be the 'aether' races, I find it only fitting. Perhaps enhanced esteem, karma and xp gain (more than humans level 1 perk).

Raised Cthoglogg: The 33% reduce drain to Ego is okay...but really mainly for influencers. In a way, Illithoid are going to become the masters of influence, sort of funny since they were the worst originally, but I think, in comparing with Kepheran supremacy, that they could get something a little more fitting. How about with Cthoglogg raised, when an illithoid reaches full saturation of their illworm, they will cause some additional psionic damage with each attack.

Some general suggestions.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Because the Queen of Queens is not permanent and the aetherepic is, along with its own very nice reward. 
  • Celina said:
    Because the Queen of Queens is not permanent and the aetherepic is, along with its own very nice reward. 

From what a recall with previous Keph and Illith honor increase, one that personally completes the quest will permanently gain Royal Keph/Dark Reaper status. Not certain if this is still true though. Also with the rather overwhelming strength of both when raised, it is pretty near permanent. Additionally, this would give the 'aether' races a little more interest and perks since as we know they got the short end of the stick by getting 'aether' perks, so gaining a 'perk' for completing the aether epic seems only fair.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Arcanis said:
    Celina said:

From what a recall with previous Keph and Illith honor increase, one that personally completes the quest will permanently gain Royal Keph/Dark Reaper status. Not certain if this is still true though. Also with the rather overwhelming strength of both when raised, it is pretty near permanent. Additionally, this would give the 'aether' races a little more interest and perks since as we know they got the short end of the stick by getting 'aether' perks, so gaining a 'perk' for completing the aether epic seems only fair.
    You got the racial line, but you didn't get the mechanical perks unless Cthoglogg / Zenobia are empowered.  That is still the case.
  • I'm gonna go ahead and +1 giving tinkering to gnomes, just because gnomes.

I can't justify where it could fit as a perk, etc., etc. I'm not the mechanics guy.

I'm the tinker guy. Putter.
    Xenthos said:

Arcanis said:
    Celina said:

You got the racial line, but you didn't get the mechanical perks unless Cthoglogg / Zenobia are empowered.  That is still the case.
    Turns out not liking a race isn't justification for more buffs! If you don't want aether perks, play a different race. 
  • edited July 2015
    Celina said:
    Xenthos said:

Arcanis said:
    Celina said:

Turns out not liking a race isn't justification for more buffs! If you don't want aether perks, play a different race. 

This again...

Isnt about liking or not liking, it is about quality of substance, theme and of course attraction, which currently gnome is pretty lacking (aether 'perks' or not, which are pretty subpar).

Also to just throw a comment of "play a different race" doesnt really stand in these cases. Gnomes and Finks are a purchase race, meaning they technically are outside of the original choices a player can 'pick' unless they buy them. Additionally, they naturally -should- have something of attraction for this purchase, but currently they are pretty low on the list compared to the other delicious perks such as Keph, Taurian, Orclach, Aslaran, and Illithoid.

Im simply suggesting that the 'aether' races, which are a purchase race, receive a 'quest' related perk, like the free races of Kephera and Illithoid, but based on the aether epic quest. How is this such a longshot?
    edited July 2015
    Arcanis said:
    I'll just leave this here.
    It's explicitely about you not liking something. The same rules of "don't play it if you don't like it" still apply. You were offered a refund. Stop whining. 
  • Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    I'll just leave this here.
    It's explicitely about you not liking something. The same rules of "don't play it if you don't like it" still apply. You were offered a refund. Stop whining. 

How long were you holding that one away? :P

Again, isnt about "SO UNFAIR I GOT RIPPED OFF". It is about trying to give a purchase race more substance and interest. Gnomes when originally released were interesting, now I highly doubt anyone will look in their direction. im suggesting an addition by doing the aetherepic, not demanding the admin to take action.

Honestly im wondering if you are even reading at this point or just randomly posting some form of shade throwing.
    edited July 2015
    Holding what? It's on forums. Took 3 seconds.

You're whining, you've been harping on this since the change. Gnomes were subjectively interesting (i.e. I found them not interesting at all with crappy stat distribution). They remain subjectively interesting (i.e. people who really enjoy aetherspace will find them interesting). Most races are subjectively interesting. 

It's already been explained to you that the aetherepic is permanent, Queen of Queens is not. You're asking for perks for a race you want to play so that you have more incentive to play it, and trying to pass it off as a player consensus about the race's supposed problems. Purchase races did not have super special buffs to justify their price before other than special snowflake status except for you and the handful of others that didn't understand how stats work. Why you think they should now is less an argument of incentive for the race and more an argument about getting what you want.

Edit: every race is subjectively interesting. Illithoid have no value to me whatsoever,  nor do Orclach. Kephera aren't even the premier PK race and most PKers have passed it over, but it was subjectively interesting to me. That is how the system was designed. If you don't like it don't play it.
  • Hm, I can see there is only one way to do this then.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Since their inception, gnomes and finks have been about the aetherspace perks. After  the overhaul, they're still about aetherspace perks. Who'd have thought?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What is the viscanti poison cloud syntax?

All of the syntaxes should really be in the Help file!
  • It's BREATHE POISON and I've messaged @Baelor about that tweak, I think, or typo'd it. It'll get fixed sometime. :)
  • Is there any point to being a furrikin if you're a bard? I was hyped to see this stuff go through and kind of disappointed that I'm still going to be a changeling with a hat because the demigod perk seems totally pointless if you have Acrobatics.
  • Solution: A new secondary skill choice for bards.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No, no point in being a furrikin if you already have acrobatics

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.