Manse upgrades

Right now, manses are rather... well, I won't say limited, but lacklustre. The average person is probably fine without a manse or with a manse of two or three rooms. Other than bragging rights or for families, there's little point in buying a hundred-room manse. So my question/request for ideas is thus:

What would make you want to buy a 100-room manse? Preferably without having to buy credits.

My ideas:
  • Manse rift. For every room in the manse, you can store 200'ish of everything in the manse rift. So for a 10-room manse, you can store 2k (i.e. just like your own rift), and for a 100-room manse, you'd be able to store 20k.
  • Power capacitor. For every room in the manse, you'd be able to store a certain amount of power (say, 10 or so, or 5% reserves). Bigger manse = bigger storage. Perfect for when you need more reserves in a pinch and don't want to spend an eternity linking your nexus.
  • Influencing boost. Not sure exactly how this'd work, but it'd have to be subject to limitations like diminishing returns or only being effective during village influencings and amnesty or something.

Comments

• I think having more options for manses would be a great gold sink.  It is where most of my gold goes, but if there were more options, I'd spend A LOT more gold on them.

The options above would be better as artifacts, and I don't see them being good for purchase outside of credits, but there are plenty of options for gold related items.

I believe I saw a post about manse add-ons, but I could be imagining it.

I think it would be cool to be able to buy little manse creatures with gold that don't do anything but roam about and add life.  Little manse puppies (or kittens, hamster, goldfish, etc.) would be cute!  Could all come pre-described, with the option to customize like you would any other item for 50 credits.  No dweller add-ons available, so not to dimenish their value.  Could even offer items to place about for these pets, like a food bowl, which you have to fill with feed (although put on a lot longer of a timer than beasts, as these would be out all the time), a little house (or bowl, which is required for fish, and so on), toys, and other items.

Other options could be items that are purchasable that will allow the manse owner to display an item atop them.  Only the manse owner would be able to take them off, so that artifact sharing wouldn't be an issue.  For artifacts, make it to where you can only display those that you own (for obvious reasons).  Each item would require an additional display unit.  These would not affect decay time, so if you display items that decay, they'd still do so. This would mainly be for things like dolls and such, but could be used for anything.

I also think that having more types of furniture available could be a big commodity and gold sink.  I know the admin are against adding in items in Artisanry that don't have a function, but I know people who'd pay big money to have an item just for RP.  I'd love to have a toilet that is just a decorative item in my manse bathroom, same with a tub/shower.  I know I could write them in, but having the actual piece there would be nicer.  Going to make a post about this, because I could go way into detail here.

• edited February 2013

I'd really love to expand manses. More furniture is nice and all, but I don't feel that it's really an incentive. Primarily because I feel that furniture is either a requirement, in which case your org probably has a few of them,  or so minor you're kinda dumping money into something for little to no gain.

Now one incentive that might be interesting is to make the manse a place where you can showoff all the things you've done. 

A few thoughts that pop up immediately are org/guild/order manse items/mobiles.

Stuff that you can only get when you fulfil the requirements, maybe with a diminished version for when you no longer meet the requirements without actually disappearing.

For example: You might be able to buy a ring of stones after a certain rank in the Hartstone, as long as you are of appropriate rank in the hartstone you have a family of resetting deer living in your manse. If you leave, the stones become weathered and the deer will not return if killed.

Stuff for quests that you've completed, maybe trophy style items that can be displayed. Really simple quests might give you like a cute commemorative plaque, while Xion might be a panel that when pressed praises you in glorious monotone.

Stuff for collectors, like doll display stands maybe with special effects for collections.

Stuff for manse designers, more fun options with manses. I want to see a super-fun-happy slide, bookcases that slide to reveal hidden rooms, mysterious levers that open doors elsewhere.

Stuff for families, I'd really love an option for a manse (not ship) that is deeded to a family to become a nexus of sorts. Activating a special object in the fulcrux would allow you to link other manses (again never ships) to the family manse rather than to the aetherplexes.

Maybe with some change to family honour so that the family who has collectively built up the most impressive family manse. Like... it's not just the amount of rooms, but actually filling those rooms that matters (it's already a competition based on who has the most money so shh) and the "score" from how impressive your manse is then gets added to the family manse if you've linked to it.

so that was a few ideas... <_< >_>

EDIT: Nearly forgot to mention, with the exception of the manse design stuff I'd expect that all of these would be restricted to one per room.

• Oh damn, I'm even imagining manses that are like... top layer is the facade showing off all the quests/stuff you'd be proud of with like a secret basement type level hiding all of the things you'd be ashamed of.