Jadice answers Maligorn's prayer

Here is what happens when @Maligorn asks @Jadice to be the Symphonium patron.
----
(Hallifax): Jadice says, "Maligorn, please report to the Matrix at once."

(Hallifax): Jadice says, "Tremula and Doman, you are also cordially invited."

(Before the Matrix.)

Tremula drifts off to the northeast, her form trailing wisps of perfumed, lavender mist.
A pure black nightmare rears up and sends a bank of jet black clouds rolling to the northeast, galloping away upon it.

Impassively, Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "Greetings, citizens."

Wisps of lavender mist drift in from the northeast, trailing dreamily about the perfumed form of Tremula.
A bank of jet black clouds rolls in from the northeast, upon which gallops a pure black nightmare.

Tremula curtseys gracefully before Jadice.

In acknowledgement, Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "Lady Jadice."

Demurely, Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Starless Sky says, "Tidings, Frost Queen."

Phoebus doffs a breathtaking circlet of ice flowers to Sthai.

Sthai inclines her head politely to Phoebus.

Sthai drops to one knee, her expression impassive.

The body of Zephyr Nall appears in a flash and his soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to Maligorn, "You recently prayed to Me regarding 'guild business'. I'm sure you recall."

Nall sways back and forth.

Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "My Lady Queen, I did."

Nall bows respectfully to Jadice.

A young thunderbird glides in a precise arc, causing the aether to spark and crackle with atmospheric instability.

Nall leaves to the southwest.

Tremula raises an eyebrow at Maligorn.

Maligorn raises both eyebrows at Tremula, his gaze level.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "In it, you communicated that the Symphonium 'requires' a Patron and that you had held a referendum in which I had placed second after the Aesthete, and that 'the task therefore falls to' Me. You then requested I become Patron, provided I possess the ability to do so and to appreciate the crystal aria taught by Crys and Jilai. You then encouraged Me to respond quickly."

Sthai winces in pain.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "Do you disagree with this characterisation on any particular point?"

Arching a second, frosted eyebrow, Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says, "I do not recall this being brought to the rest of the Conductorate."

Defensively raising his hands, Luce backs away from the situation slowly.

Maligorn clears his throat.

Tremula's eyes briefly become multifaceted orbs that flicker with a panoply of chromatic colours.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Sylandra's lips.

Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says to Jadice, "The Symphonium does -require- a Patron, though the task does not fall to You. With respect to Your autonomy, I cannot force you to become our Guild Patron, nor would I dare to. Merely, I wished to emphasise the need and hopefully foster a sense of cooperation between the Grand Hallifaxian Opera Symphonium and Your being."

His arms crossed in front of his chest, a powerful custodian of justice enters from the northwest.

The last vestiges of midnight shadows flee as Mother Night hides herself from the luminous arrival of her shining mate as he chases her across the bowl of the sky.

Streaks of violet light snake across the morning sky, colouring it a deep purple.

Sunlight glitters on the surrounding buildings, reflecting dizzily off of nearby spires and mosaics.

Assured of the state of the peace here, a custodian of justice leaves to the northeast.

Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says to Tremula, "It was not brought before the Conductorate because the decision ultimately falls to me. Lady Isune is lost in Her artistic tendencies, and the Symphonium requires a Patron to grow."

Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says, "Then what was the purpose in even creating a referendum when you will make a decision of your own accord? That is not what the referendum acknowledged, or what the Symphonium agreed to."

Crossing his arms coldly, Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "The referendum gave me insight to make an executive decision. That is all."

Adjusting the delicate silk of her sleeves, Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says, "You act out of harmony with the guild, Opus."

With finality, Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "Matters internal to the Symphonium will be dealt with at a later time."

A gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers tenses slightly before emitting a low, threatening growl.

Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "Melodies must arise, Tremula."

Maligorn nods his head at Jadice.

Tremula graces Maligorn with a flawless, charming smile that never touches her eyes.

Sunlight glitters from the spires and platforms of the surrounding city.

Junior Fellow Sthai d'Murani, M.TS says to Tremula, "Comrade, how... Magnagoran of you."

Folding her wings so she can reach them easily, Sthai preens her wings happily, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

A deathly chill settling on the area, Jadice, the Frost Queen says to Maligorn, "Your prayer specifically referenced the task falling to Me. You Divine Patronage is a privilege, not a right; it is granted by the grace and good will of the Elder in question. What's more, you clearly lack the deference, and perhaps the common sense, required to interact productively with any Elder."

Luce creates a sparkling cloud and then molds it until it appears like himself.

Tekora arrives from the northwest.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "You will wear My true disfavour. If, two years from now, the Symphonium still desires My Patronage, I suggest you make advances more politely."

Phoebus sucks thoughtfully on a mandala pendant necklace.

Jadice raises Her hand toward Maligorn in a gesture of malediction.

Sthai puts a cruel crimson mask covered in black ritualistic markings into the Matrix.
A cruel crimson mask covered in black ritualistic markings passes through the glass sphere and begins to circle the Matrix's core as, bit by bit, it disintegrates.

Bowing his head, Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "As you say, Frost Queen."

Sthai folds her hands behind her back.

Phoebus glances askance at Sthai.

With the smallest flick of Her finger, Jadice sends Maligorn flying headlong into the depths of the Astral Plane.
Delicate cherry blossom petals burst into a joyous flurry and envelop Maligorn, riding a gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers, before swirling away to the ether.
Tossing a lush mane entangled with flowers with a snarl, a gorgeous manticore launches off to the ether with a flap of glittering emerald wings.

Sthai raises an eyebrow at Phoebus.

Spinning pink cherry blossom petals swirl in from the up, dancing playfully in joyous anticipation as Maligorn, riding a gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers, emerges from their midst.
With a flap of glittering emerald wings, a gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers soars in from the up.

Phoebus removes a frost flower with petals of ice.

Phoebus gives a frost flower with petals of ice to Jadice, the Frost Queen.

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a bright and shining new dawn.

Phoebus bows respectfully to Jadice.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to Maligorn, "You must have misunderstood. Get out of My sight before I remove you more permanently."

Maligorn Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "Then do so, Jadice. I fear not you nor the Elders nor the Soulless. I am a shard, I am a survivor, and I will endure as the Elders did not."

Maligorn curls his lip and sneers arrogantly.

Phoebus glances askance.

Tremula glances askance.

Comprehension flashes across Tekora's face.

Junior Fellow Sthai d'Murani, M.TS says, "..."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper looks skeptical and says, "...I get the sudden feeling that I ought to remove myself from a blast radius."

Making no sudden movements, Phoebus backs away from Maligorn slowly.

Looking slightly worried at the situation, Luce quickly hides behind a young thunderbird.
A young thunderbird fixes her cloudy gaze upon Luce, eyes whirling like maelstroms.

Serenely, Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "You try My patience, Maligorn."

Phoebus exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Her expression unreadable, Jadice, the Frost Queen, raises one hand to shoulder height and, twisting it at the wrist in a simple flourish, summons a roiling mote of flurrying snow and wicked shards of ice. With an understated flick, She sends it flying into the air, not bothering to watch as it shoots away.
Maligorn has been slain by Jadice.
The song that Maligorn was performing fades away.
Maligorn drops a juniper berry.
Having been too much for the mortal threads of Maligorn, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.

(The Harmonic Array): Tremula says, "Maligorn's song has been dropped!"

(The Harmonic Array): Phoebus says, "Bit of an understatement..."

Glorious golden flames spring up around Maligorn until, in a silent flash, he is gone, leaving the slight scent of charred flesh behind.

Tekora makes a short, vexed sound.

Sthai toys with a small, fragranced pendant as she glances away.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Well! What have we learned today, citizens?"

In a small voice, with his ears nigh pinned to his skull, Zephyr Luce Shevat says, "Elders are scary?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says to Jadice, "On behalf of the Board of Directors, please accept my sincerest apologies for this unpleasantness, Lady Jadice.,."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Luce, "Only if you earn it."

Tremula nods her head sagely at Tekora.

Tekora curtseys gracefully before Jadice.

Kneeling with a sad sigh and a humble bow of her head, Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Starless Sky says to Jadice, "My Lady, I apologize for my grandson's behaviour. If there is anything that I can do to alleviate the difficulties he has caused for you, please do let me know."

Junior Fellow Sthai d'Murani, M.TS states, "Discretion and manners are required, not optional."

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.

Sthai bows respectfully to Jadice.

Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says to Jadice, "On behalf of the Symphonium, I offer the same. This is not the decorum we are expected to show."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Conduct yourself appropriately, and your chances of having yourself turned into a deceased version of yourself are much lower, and everyone is happier."

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to Tremula, "You have always acted with decorum; it is much appreciated. Kindly inform the Symphonium at large that no Patronage requests, nor indeed any other 'guild business' with Me, will be entertained while Maligorn remains Opus."

Phoebus sways back and forth.

Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says to Jadice, "As You wish, my Lady."

Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "Citizens, I apologise for this necessary unpleasantness."

Phoebus nods her head at Jadice.

Luce gulps nervously.

Luce nods his head emphatically.

You nod your head emphatically.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Jadice, "It is understandable."

A faint melody hangs in the air, interwoven with a soft counterpoint of deep tones.

Bibliophulax Aristos Teknistos Portius Windwhisper, Megalokalos Niketer Tarochos says, "It was an excellent demonstration, Frost Queen. After all, you showed us how to best serve revenge. Coldly."

Phoebus waves her hand dismissively.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "It was hardly a matter of vengeance."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I would describe it more as disciplinary action."

Delicate harmonies dance through the air around you to weave a complex song.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "The natural consequences of foolish behavior do not fall within the realm of revenge."

Sthai tilts her head slightly, considering.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "Tremula, I urge you to complete your work regarding interactions between shards and Elders. It would seem to be more sorely needed than ever."

The lonely cry of a hunting bird echoes, calling out from somewhere below.

Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says, "I do apologise for the lateness, my Lady. Other matters within the Basin took precedence, and I overestimated the ability of certain individuals. It is now my top priority."

Inclining her head regally, Kallista Aedonis Tremula, Lady Potentate says, "I may have the artists put off their work to see it produced faster. There is no reason the events that have transpired should have."

Cordially, Jadice, the Frost Queen says, "I take My leave, then. Go with grace and composure, citizens."

Phoebus bows respectfully to Jadice.

Tremula steps forward with regal poise, one hand graciously extended to Jadice as she sketches an elegant bow.

You bow respectfully to Jadice.

The frigid chill eases as Jadice, the Frost Queen, vanishes amidst a cascade of powdery snow.

Phoebus puts her hands on her hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper looks thoughtful and says, "I had no idea that Maligorn was an idiot."

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    A roiling ball of swirling snow and wicked shards of ice streaks in and expands, enveloping you with bitter cold. You attempt to open your mouth to cry out, but the winds of winter which swirl around your form have already frozen your flesh solid. The biting chill disappears quickly as you lose all
    feeling and, as everything fades to black, you are only dimly aware of your body shattering into several pieces.
    You have been slain by Jadice.

That interaction left me torn up yo. I didn't know whether to go crusading or crying.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Talk to grampa.  >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Oh, I'm trying again. I've already sent a prayer and everything. Let's hope it doesn't end in DISASTER

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Meanwhile, I'm looking in like:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I chuckled the whole way through. Nice log.

(The Harmonic Array): Tremula says, "Maligorn's song has been dropped!"

Orly?