Divine Orders

2»

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
     I remember Diniah losing her Nocht shroud when she left for Gaudi.  Was sad.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I still have my Shikari item. Wish I had my Fain mask :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Iirc, my old tahtetso was two tasks away from gaining his Eventru coronet (?) when E poofed. Sadface :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I had a coronet once. Eventru threw it into the Eternal Flame.

It was beautiful.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Syridean still has/wears his Lyreth collar. His hand even goes to his throat every now and then when he's feeling insecure.
  • Oh! Goodie! I guess that means @Nocht doesn't hate me! *phew* 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I had a mini rpsession with @Maylea when I returned my bindi. :) Fun times.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Shaddus said:
    Iirc, my old tahtetso was two tasks away from gaining his Eventru coronet (?) when E poofed. Sadface :(

Wouldn't have mattered, sadly.

Sent By: (system) on 07/04/19:53
    Through your bond to a radiant coronet of light, you feel it crumble away to dust.
    @Eventru made all coronets dissolve when he disappeared before he was found in the night market and became Lyrentru... erm I mean Valtreth >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I would like to point out here - as it has been touched upon by several people, and speaking from my own experience - being loyal as a Divine, or a mortal, is a *very* hard thing to do at times. It requires a huge investment of your time as a character, and as a player. While I understand sometimes that people need to come and go in game, and I definitely understand that real life comes into play and sometimes it's not optional to stay or go - it's important to remember that sticking with something, if you can, is really worth it in the end (in most cases).

Gabriella, for example.  Several times I've been tempted to foray into other areas, when there was no Divine around - and barely any active members in the order (I think like, one or two?) - and had no guidance in what was expected of me in some cases. But I stuck it out, and I've been rewarded massively, with every single @Maylea that I've interacted with, old and new. It may have taken a few IRL years, but I really don't regret a single second of it.

I understand the frustration better than, or at least as much as, many of you that have been in the same position, and either decided to move on, or stuck with it. Ultimately it does come down to what makes the best decision for you, but I've always admired the type of person that could stick with a thing and be true to their character's rp. I am understanding of the fact, however, that people and roles do change. Just as the Divine might sometimes be a little different, since they want to leave their own impression on things, so do mortals in game. People change, and grow - just differently in some ways, I suppose. Gabriella will never change in her devotion to her Mother - at least, not that I can imagine, or ever see - even if there's no one there to fill the void. She will just go on as best she can, and even if there's no reward in it (which there has been many rewards), because that is who she is.

Me, if I feel the need for change, I'll sometimes alt on an old or a new character. Sometimes that character takes up loads of time, and I don't play Gabriella for ages. It fills the void that I have with her, because it can be boring being eternally loyal at times, but I just have invested so much in her that I could never tear her apart like that.

I do hope that this makes at least some sense. It strikes me as being a bit repetitive, but I wanted to weigh in my own thoughts on this matter.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What Gabriella said.

While I'll usually never make a character just to try out a new divine, that's part of the draw of alting: starting with a blank slate and trying new directions and avenues of RP.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'd also like to add that I imagine it's very frustrating for Divine, not just mortals, new and old, to find that people might change Orders so often. Like, "Hey, I'm going to step into this God's role, it's going to be awesome, YEAH!" *STEPS INTO SHOES." "YO MAH FRIENDS, I'M BACK BABY!" - *crickets on the order aether, as no one exists in it any longer*"

If that makes any sense.

I guess personally, I've always thought of it as - I'd like to be the one person that is always there for that God, no matter how many times the role needs to change hands. I want them to know that, no matter who they are, new or old, that I appreciate them and everything they've done for Lusternia, and for me as an individual. That they will always have someone there to offer that esteem up when they need it, to smile and say, "welcome back! You were missed! " - and not just because they're the latest fad to come wandering through the commune.

I've always said that Gabriella is the most like my real self, of any characters, and this is true to my real personality as well. I will always be there for the people in my life that need me, until they specifically push me away, permanently, on their own. And even then, I still might try unobtrusively, to do things for their benefit (if I feel they are still deserving of it).
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Tarkenton said:
    The problem with alting is I don't have toys.

Tarkenton was an alt, originally.  He now has more toys than my old main.  Soo...yeah.  As for order hopping and the like, tbh, I've always subscribed to "if it isn't fun anymore, change something to make it fun again".  Whether that be Order, Org, established character RP, class, whatever.  Org/Guild/Order/whatever hop to your heart's content baby, so long as you're actually enjoying yourself who gives a rip?
    Oh, I do understand this, and support any decision for anyone that feels like this is the only way to enjoy themselves. This is a game, after all. But at the same time, I wanted to share my personal experiences with it, because it is a double-edged sword all around.
    --------
    --------