Treasure Hunt

Seems to me that a Treasure Hunt World Game could be implemented.

The easier version would be like Iosai's dowsing rod (hot and cold like maps). Still a bit of work as presumably one would need clues as to which area (assuming it wasn't just mountains and roads).

If done I'd also like to see it made so that rewards are dug up as you go along. A few comms, a bit of gold, ikons, triplejunction brews, perhaps a credit or two. A sort of world quest. The other reason for implementing it as a game is the mechanics could work around the issues players have trying to do these things (someone digging up all the items, limiting the effectiveness of silver shovels, etc.). Prize for finishing could be something like a buff to earning gold and karma for a time.

I'm envisioning something like the following.

Using a 'map' gets a bit sticky. Has clues on it, so can't be small. So far, only came up with 'chart'.

1. Game-runner sets up Treasure Hunt. Sets 1-n charts or timer. Sets hints on or off.

2. (OPTIONAL) Game-runner adds any custom bonus questions. Bonus (400) questions (to envision consider a syntax something like TREASURE HUNT BONUS <chart number> NONE[default]|<vnum> <clue to room>. These are quite difficult along the lines of Nature Seal Challenge.

1. Get a CHART from the Pirate NPC. Must turn in existing chart to get another chart.

2. READ CHART to see all clues in a list 1 though 5 (plus bonus if any).

3. USE CHART to play hot or cold with location.

* First through fourth locations (worth 100 each) use an 'easy' table for area generation. Something like, ... blah, blah, roam the large gila lizards... ... in shifting sands.

** Fifth (200 each) would use a 'difficult' table. Something requiring knowledge of the area, knowledge gained from a quest there, etc.
*** Finishing all clues on a chart (300).

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Events of this sort have been held several times several times before, yep.