m&m system & questions thread

1234568»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    never mind figured it out
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    (m&m): Have new names (Cririk) - going to check them.

How do I tell m&m to stop checking for Cririk?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    (m&m): Have new names (Cririk) - going to check them.

How do I tell m&m to stop checking for Cririk?
    NDB delete Cririk should work.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited July 2015
    A few questions:
    - Is this system compatible for Mudlet 3?
    - Will it work even if I don't have 100% of my skills all learned yet? Sorry nevermind, this was answered in documentation.
    - Newbie friendly?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Eh to yes.  Easy to set up.  Lots to tweak.
  • Thanks @Tarkenton! Worried I'll get this and have no idea how to make it relax as I don't know anything about the skills outside the few I've learned so far.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's easy to set up, but there's a lot it won't tell you that you have to set up. Like....stance and parry.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    (mapper): Oops! Has a small problem ([string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:135: attempt to index
    field 'envids' (a nil value)).

(mapper): Environment: ? (-1)

Something tells me the first, most obvious attempted solution is to update/reinstall the mapper script. Will this remove all of the map stuff I've added myself, or is that kept separately?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Script is separate from map.
    Okay, question #2: why am I spamming potions while blacked out?

Xaldrin makes a flicking motion at you with his hands.
    A sudden shiver shoots up your spine, making you involuntarily jerk as a creeping sensation crawls
    over your skin.
    -
    (sip health)(-8300h, 100.0%, -6300m, 100.0%, -6300e, 100.0%)
    The potion heals and soothes you.
    -

You may eat or smoke another herb.
    -

(sip health)
    The potion flows down your throat without effect.
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
    -

The potion heals and soothes you.
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

(sip health)
    -

Your senses return to you as the blackout ends.
    8300h, 6300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrxkb-
    (+8300h, 100.0%, +6300m, 100.0%, +6300e, 100.0%)
    You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Under mmconfig2, what's the percentage that it assumes you have when you're blacked out/reckless, and how does that compare to what you have the system set to sip at?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • @Eritheyl I have the same question!
    Tridemon said:
    Under mmconfig2, what's the percentage that it assumes you have when you're blacked out/reckless, and how does that compare to what you have the system set to sip at?
    It's set to assume the default 0%, but I'm more curious why it's not respecting potion balances.

-

7525h, 5743m, 5825e, 9p, 22500en, 22500w Belrx-mmkeep moonwater
    (m&m): moonwater isn't a defence you can keepup.

Any idea why I can't keepup moonwater on a Seren character?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shaddus said:
    It's easy to set up, but there's a lot it won't tell you that you have to set up. Like....stance and parry.
    Actually untrue. at the end of mminstall, it prompts you (once) to set up your stance and parry.

I stand corrected, but those instructions are never read. Like....the EULA of M&M.