Area Announce For Elders?

edited September 2015 in Mechanic's Corner
I'm wondering how to code an announce for when I find an elder, so it's easier for druids to find.

Like:

Elder line

then

send("ct I have found an elder at " ..What is that thing people do here (v????)")

= Profit

Much appreciated.
The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

Comments

• I think you can use gmcp.Room.Info.name and maybe the vnum ( gmcp.Room.Info.num ). Not sure if putting room numbers in city/commune tell is a thing, though. 
  • I was just jotting out an example. I'll try it out! Thank you. ^__^
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    That was cute, Salome :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    That was cute, Salome :P
    But you're cuter. :3
  • Most people just say 'Elder here' and wait a few seconds for a druid to nature flow to them.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Ayisdra said:
    Most people just say 'Elder here' and wait a few seconds for a druid to nature flow to them.
    Yep. But when you don't have many BT about, you kind of have to put it somewhere. Otherwise you'll forget willy nilly.
  • What Lorah said is basically right. I don't have an issue with people shouting out room numbers (others might, I dunno, considering there's PATH WALK <roomnum> in the game)

send("ct Elder spotted at: ".. gmcp.Room.Info.name .." - Room: ".. gmcp.Room.Info.num)

-format as needed.